Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Blaine Gabbert take the next step?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BryanAngerSWAG


Joined: 08 May 2012
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he takes the first step... to complete and utter destruction of the entire football world.

Phase 1: Suck as a rookie (check).
Phase 2: Make the entire public hate you as if you're a bad person (check).
Phase 3: Tell Gene Smith if he doesn't draft Blackmon you will poop your pants (check).
Phase 4: Tell Justin Blackmon last year was for the lulz because you love him (check).
Phase 5: Complete preseason without looking very good to scare the fans and get more critics to laugh at you (N/A).
Phase 6: Torch Minnesota and have the media say it is because Minnesota sucks (N/A).
Phase 7: Do it again against the Texans D and have the media say the Texans D was a one year wonder after one bad performance (N/A).
Phase 8: Go into the Bye week 4-1 with that loss to the Bears (N/A).
Phase 9: Upset GB and out duel Aaron Rodgers (N/A).
Phase 10: Make it to playoffs and lose to Tom Brady in the AFCCG (N/A).
Phase 11: Write an open letter to Lombardi comparing him to other journalists (N/A).
Phase 12: ??? (N/A)
Phase 13: Profit!!! (N/A)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
iPwn, your QBs you refer to that were "trash" their rookie years (Eli and Stafford) at least showed flashes of ability befitting an NFL quarterback. Gabbert honestly didn't look like he belonged on the field.

people like you make this argument worthless. Gabbert showed glimpses of how he can be good. Did you watch all Gabberts starts?


I'm a NYer who's only really interested in NFC teams, but I saw Gabbert against the Jets and all four NFC South teams, as well as both Texans games. That's nearly half a season worth of game time, and I was not impressed.

Gabbert didnt start the Jets game Smile Im sure you watched all of those games. Jags are your fav team arent they?
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84426
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All IN 14-0! wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
All IN 14-0! wrote:
Bad meets Evil wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
iPwn, your QBs you refer to that were "trash" their rookie years (Eli and Stafford) at least showed flashes of ability befitting an NFL quarterback. Gabbert honestly didn't look like he belonged on the field.


What flashes did Eli show?



I seem to remember Eli playing very well in the last couple of games in 2004. I know that I came away impressed when he almost beat the Steelers, who were on a 12 game winning streak. Took a lot of hits that day, but stood tall in the pocket and made some very good throws.

I seem to remember Blaine playing decent in the last few games. Odd.


I was simply answering a question that was asked. Difference between me and you is I didn't, and still don't care, if either succeeds or fails. I'm a Steeler fan so I was giving an opinion from an unbiased perspective. Where as your're going to try and tell me how Gabbert looked good against ATL on that THU night in DEC. Or against the Colts with 92 yds. passing and less than 5 YPA against the worst team in football. I realize you were watching the Disney Channel when Eli was a rookie, but some of us have seen both and Eli was miles ahead of where Gabbert is now. Good thing for the Jags is, if Mularkey can't make him a good QB, no one will.


Eli had games like that too:

Week 12: 6-21 148 yards 0TDs 2 INTs
Week 14: 4-18 27 yards 0TDs 2 INTs
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackandBlue


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2304
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
iPwn, your QBs you refer to that were "trash" their rookie years (Eli and Stafford) at least showed flashes of ability befitting an NFL quarterback. Gabbert honestly didn't look like he belonged on the field.

people like you make this argument worthless. Gabbert showed glimpses of how he can be good. Did you watch all Gabberts starts?


I'm a NYer who's only really interested in NFC teams, but I saw Gabbert against the Jets and all four NFC South teams, as well as both Texans games. That's nearly half a season worth of game time, and I was not impressed.

Gabbert didnt start the Jets game Smile Im sure you watched all of those games. Jags are your fav team arent they?


I wasn't just listing his starts. I'm listing every game in which I've seen him play, including the horrible Jets game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
iPwn, your QBs you refer to that were "trash" their rookie years (Eli and Stafford) at least showed flashes of ability befitting an NFL quarterback. Gabbert honestly didn't look like he belonged on the field.

people like you make this argument worthless. Gabbert showed glimpses of how he can be good. Did you watch all Gabberts starts?


I'm a NYer who's only really interested in NFC teams, but I saw Gabbert against the Jets and all four NFC South teams, as well as both Texans games. That's nearly half a season worth of game time, and I was not impressed.

Gabbert didnt start the Jets game Smile Im sure you watched all of those games. Jags are your fav team arent they?


I wasn't just listing his starts. I'm listing every game in which I've seen him play, including the horrible Jets game.


He did a good job in garbage time against the Jets.
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22963
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
iPwn, your QBs you refer to that were "trash" their rookie years (Eli and Stafford) at least showed flashes of ability befitting an NFL quarterback. Gabbert honestly didn't look like he belonged on the field.

people like you make this argument worthless. Gabbert showed glimpses of how he can be good. Did you watch all Gabberts starts?


I'm a NYer who's only really interested in NFC teams, but I saw Gabbert against the Jets and all four NFC South teams, as well as both Texans games. That's nearly half a season worth of game time, and I was not impressed.

Gabbert didnt start the Jets game Smile Im sure you watched all of those games. Jags are your fav team arent they?


I wasn't just listing his starts. I'm listing every game in which I've seen him play, including the horrible Jets game.


He did a good job in garbage time against the Jets.

Yeah, he actually looked promising.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47260
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
the horrible Jets game.


What was horrible about going 5/6 for 52 yards in clean up duty?
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BryanAngerSWAG wrote:
I hope he takes the first step... to complete and utter destruction of the entire football world.

Phase 1: Suck as a rookie (check).
Phase 2: Make the entire public hate you as if you're a bad person (check).
Phase 3: Tell Gene Smith if he doesn't draft Blackmon you will poop your pants (check).
Phase 4: Tell Justin Blackmon last year was for the lulz because you love him (check).
Phase 5: Complete preseason without looking very good to scare the fans and get more critics to laugh at you (N/A).
Phase 6: Torch Minnesota and have the media say it is because Minnesota sucks (N/A).
Phase 7: Do it again against the Texans D and have the media say the Texans D was a one year wonder after one bad performance (N/A).
Phase 8: Go into the Bye week 4-1 with that loss to the Bears (N/A).
Phase 9: Upset GB and out duel Aaron Rodgers (N/A).
Phase 10: Make it to playoffs and lose to Tom Brady in the AFCCG (N/A).
Phase 11: Write an open letter to Lombardi comparing him to other journalists (N/A).
Phase 12: ??? (N/A)
Phase 13: Profit!!! (N/A)


Love the username.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
iPwn, your QBs you refer to that were "trash" their rookie years (Eli and Stafford) at least showed flashes of ability befitting an NFL quarterback. Gabbert honestly didn't look like he belonged on the field.

people like you make this argument worthless. Gabbert showed glimpses of how he can be good. Did you watch all Gabberts starts?


I'm a NYer who's only really interested in NFC teams, but I saw Gabbert against the Jets and all four NFC South teams, as well as both Texans games. That's nearly half a season worth of game time, and I was not impressed.

Gabbert didnt start the Jets game Smile Im sure you watched all of those games. Jags are your fav team arent they?


I wasn't just listing his starts. I'm listing every game in which I've seen him play, including the horrible Jets game.


That was Luke McCown who completed almost as many passes to Jets defenders (4) as he did to his own teammates (6). Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
iPwn, your QBs you refer to that were "trash" their rookie years (Eli and Stafford) at least showed flashes of ability befitting an NFL quarterback. Gabbert honestly didn't look like he belonged on the field.

people like you make this argument worthless. Gabbert showed glimpses of how he can be good. Did you watch all Gabberts starts?


I'm a NYer who's only really interested in NFC teams, but I saw Gabbert against the Jets and all four NFC South teams, as well as both Texans games. That's nearly half a season worth of game time, and I was not impressed.

Gabbert didnt start the Jets game Smile Im sure you watched all of those games. Jags are your fav team arent they?


I wasn't just listing his starts. I'm listing every game in which I've seen him play, including the horrible Jets game.


That was Luke McCown who completed almost as many passes to Jets defenders (4) as he did to his own teammates (6). Laughing

lol dont remind me
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
green24 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
iPwn, your QBs you refer to that were "trash" their rookie years (Eli and Stafford) at least showed flashes of ability befitting an NFL quarterback. Gabbert honestly didn't look like he belonged on the field.

people like you make this argument worthless. Gabbert showed glimpses of how he can be good. Did you watch all Gabberts starts?


I'm a NYer who's only really interested in NFC teams, but I saw Gabbert against the Jets and all four NFC South teams, as well as both Texans games. That's nearly half a season worth of game time, and I was not impressed.

Gabbert didnt start the Jets game Smile Im sure you watched all of those games. Jags are your fav team arent they?


I wasn't just listing his starts. I'm listing every game in which I've seen him play, including the horrible Jets game.


That was Luke McCown who completed almost as many passes to Jets defenders (4) as he did to his own teammates (6). Laughing

lol dont remind me


One of the few good memories of last season for Jet fans. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
All IN 14-0!


Joined: 20 Apr 2011
Posts: 527
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
All IN 14-0! wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
All IN 14-0! wrote:
Bad meets Evil wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
iPwn, your QBs you refer to that were "trash" their rookie years (Eli and Stafford) at least showed flashes of ability befitting an NFL quarterback. Gabbert honestly didn't look like he belonged on the field.


What flashes did Eli show?



I seem to remember Eli playing very well in the last couple of games in 2004. I know that I came away impressed when he almost beat the Steelers, who were on a 12 game winning streak. Took a lot of hits that day, but stood tall in the pocket and made some very good throws.

I seem to remember Blaine playing decent in the last few games. Odd.


I was simply answering a question that was asked. Difference between me and you is I didn't, and still don't care, if either succeeds or fails. I'm a Steeler fan so I was giving an opinion from an unbiased perspective. Where as your're going to try and tell me how Gabbert looked good against ATL on that THU night in DEC. Or against the Colts with 92 yds. passing and less than 5 YPA against the worst team in football. I realize you were watching the Disney Channel when Eli was a rookie, but some of us have seen both and Eli was miles ahead of where Gabbert is now. Good thing for the Jags is, if Mularkey can't make him a good QB, no one will.


Eli had games like that too:

Week 12: 6-21 148 yards 0TDs 2 INTs
Week 14: 4-18 27 yards 0TDs 2 INTs



Which is why I said last couple of games. Before the Steeler game, he was getting more "bust" talk than Gabbert and Jags fans could ever imagine. And he deserved it. Imagine Gabbert last year, add in the NY media and the pressure of the #1 overall pick. He was getting torched. Those 3 games at least bought him some time to develop in 2005.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20841
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was always going to have time in 2005. Tom Coughlin isn't exactly the type of guy to succumb to outside pressure.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12363
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are people really trying to say Gabbert is similar to Eli and using a stat sheet as proof???............... Oh lord this thread just gets better and better.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Django


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 3013
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group