Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Blaine Gabbert take the next step?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarsFan28329

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got him a lot of weapons: Robinson, Blackmon, and Evans. In addition to having Mike Thomas in the slot there is no excuses.

Sure we for some reason failed to address the need for Oline depth, So if a guy gets injured we will be much weaker there ala Guy Whimper.

As long as the Oline stays healthy, He should take the next step this season.
And if he does not then Hello Matt Barkley.

Although the catch with Barkley is we have a close to elite defense which will prevent us from being the number one pick and we will most likely have to settle for the second rated QB if we go QB in the 2013 draft. We will probably pick in the 5-10 range again if we fail.

Proud. Bold. Committed -- Stand United. That's the theme for the Jaguars and the primary message for year ahead.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be very hard. They got the right Head Coach for a guy like Gabbert but I really can't put any faith into him until I see he's gotten over his skittishness in the pocket and inability to properly move the pocket.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabbert has no pocket awareness. I don't know if that can be taught.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy got hyped up so bad before the draft.
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Laurent Robinson is going to make much of an impact to be honest. It seems like he was in the perfect situation in Dallas, but I can see injuries, ineffectiveness in the future for him. Honestly seems like a one-year wonder type of player with all of his injury history.

That being said, I am sympathetic towards Gabbert. I mean, this guy transferred from playing in a spread offense to running a pro-style offense with hardly any training camp/preparation in the off-season. He was thrown into the dogs and I think that the Jaguars handled that situation in the worst way possible.

In terms of him improving next year.. I just can't see it happening. I like Blackmon, but I don't think that he'll be like the A.J. Green of last year where he makes young QB look like god. I can see Blackmon being a solid target for the Jags early on though.

In the future, I think that Gabbert will be a solid quarterback but these next two years are going to be very telling. I liked him out of college so I am not going to give up hope on him this early on. He needs to improve against his division in terms of production if he ever wants to make the playoffs however. His worst statistics came against divisional opponents.

My NFL Draft Thread
tom cody

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a lot more people to throw to this year. I think he will improve but if not expect a long season in Jacksonville.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to hate on the Jags, but I hated this guy coming out. He could have went to Minnesota and I would have still hated him. He's just bad. He doesn't have that 'it' factor, and too me, he's painfully slow. He looked faster in college.

I don't think he's the answer for the Jags and they will look else where in a year or two tops.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he doesn't flash and show improvement then I say the jags cut him or trade him for a low pick and draft Tyler bray.. Laughing

I <3 the jags and their QBs

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
I'm not trying to hate on the Jags, but I hated this guy coming out. He could have went to Minnesota and I would have still hated him. He's just bad. He doesn't have that 'it' factor, and too me, he's painfully slow. He looked faster in college.

I don't think he's the answer for the Jags and they will look else where in a year or two tops.

Like, literally?
Because no.

I hate the Jaguars
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:

Like, literally?
Because no.

Considering that was one of his good 'traits', I don't see it. He looks too lost in the pocket and unsure of himself, which could be a reason why. But yes, he looks slow to me.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, to this day, have no clue why anyone thought Gabbert was a first round prospect..........

PM sig requests.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabbert will bust, i just dont like anything about him.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabbert isn't "scared"

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
titan52490

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:

Like, literally?
Because no.

Considering that was one of his good 'traits', I don't see it. He looks too lost in the pocket and unsure of himself, which could be a reason why. But yes, he looks slow to me.

You do he know he ran like a 4.6? ... He's got a real long stride so he never looks like he's moving as fast as he is. His intial quickness, however, is not great.

Man, people really jump on the hate bandwagon fast. Its gonna be hilarous if Blaine comes out and has a bunch of big games early in the season. Then you'll see all these "Blaine Gabbert=John Elway" threads. But hey, people love to tell other people how much the hate people.

If Blaine can stay focused in the pocket, he will throw for a lot of yards.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.

He will take his next step towards being a career backup.

I dont care what weapons they give him...I dont see him ever being a quality starter. Never did, even before he was drafted.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: