Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Battles: WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who-dey wrote:
I'd keep Whalen over Binns. He showed he could play in limited action last year while Binns has yet to show anything.

That doesn'tean Binns hasn't showed anything. Just not in the game. Apparently he was beastin on the PS against our defense while reading the plays on cards between snaps. Whalen is another slot type guy. Binns on the roster, Whalen on the Colts roster.
JayBizzle

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Who-dey wrote:
I'd keep Whalen over Binns. He showed he could play in limited action last year while Binns has yet to show anything.

That doesn'tean Binns hasn't showed anything. Just not in the game. Apparently he was beastin on the PS against our defense while reading the plays on cards between snaps. Whalen is another slot type guy. Binns on the roster, Whalen on the Colts roster.

I agree I think that I would rather have Binns than Whalen. Between Shipley, Hawkins, and possibly Sanu, we have enough slot guys. I'm usually anti UC guys because of how great I heard Mardy Gilyard would be, but supposedly the coaches all love Binns.
Who-dey

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binns is better based on what? A pre-draft article by Hobson? The guy was great on the practice squad but couldn't make the team. Whalen did make the team and produced in very limited action. I don't get to watch all the games down here but from what I saw he was backing up Simpson while Hawkins and Caldwell were in the slot. Whalen is better fitted for the #2, not the slot.

Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer
theJ

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Whalen too, and am not ready to see him shipped out because of an article on Bengals.com.

Fact is, it's way to early to speculate on this stuff. Well, it's never too early to speculate, but there will be injuries in training camp that will help decide the roster spots. So i wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
I just want the new WRs to get a chance now (something Simpson didn't get, being behind Ocho and not smart enough to grasp offense). And i don't want to lose a long term guy for a one year fix (a la losing Briscoe for Owens).

Agree totally with INB.

I hope we've now learned our lesson and give the young guys some chance to develop, ( and I include Orson Charles in this equation too). If we'd have found a lkong-term way to accomodate and develop the likes of Briscoe, we wouldn't be scratching around for a #2 WR now.

We've got to surround Dalton with as many young weapons as possible to develop with him IMO, rather than doubtful veterans with their own motives.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: