Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD14 War Room(Part Deux)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hannibal3188


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 75
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: FFMD14 War Room(Part Deux) Reply with quote

Houston Texans War Room - FFMD14 Part II



Hello and welcome to FFMD14 Part II! I, Hannibal3188, have been lucky enough to have been chosen to GM this wild ride(the fact that I was the only one who submitted my name for Houston didn't exactly hurt my chances lol). As I assume you all know, FFMD II is significantly shorter than part one by virtue of there not being any Free Agency. As such, there will fewer official staff positions this time around. We are still going to be making decisions democratically and with the respect level required by all previous FFMD's. But with that said, let's have as much fun as possible and try to pick a winner Smile


Schedule:
4/10 (COB): GM and Writer Announcements; Assembling of team staffs & War Rooms begin
4/11 (COB): Rosters frozen; Trading begins
4/15: Draft begins

FFMDII Links:
Rules and Info: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=545952
General Discussion: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=545955
Trade Block/Team Needs: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=546197
Trade Thread: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=546196
Draft Thread: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=546173


Staff:
General Manager: Hannibal3188
Assistant General Manager: jch1911
Head Coach: Texansfan713
Scout: shep0507
Scout: Cole416


Depth Chart:

Link to Depth Chart: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Houston_Texans_roster

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, TJ Yates
RB Arian Foster, Andre Brown, Dennis Johnson
FB Toben Opurum
WR1 Andre Johnson, Devier Posey, Uzoma Nwachukwu
WR2 DeAndre Hopkins, Alex Lemon, Rico Richardson
Slot Keyshawn Martin, Mike Thomas, Alan Bonner, Andy Cruse
TE Garrett Graham, Ryan Griffin, Brad Smelley, Phillip Supernaw, Zach Potter
LT Duane Brown, Brennan Williams
LG David Quessenberry, Alex Kupper
C Chris Myers, Ben Jones
RG Brandon Brooks, Cody White
RT Derek Newton,

LE JJ Watt, Tim Jamison
NT Nick Fairley, Jerrell Powe,
RE Jared Crick, Keith Browner
SOLB Whitney Mercilus, Trevardo Williams
SILB Brian Cushing, Mike Mohamed
WILB Brooks Reed, Jeff Tarpinian, Justin Tuggle
WOLB Khalil Mack Ricky Sapp, Paul Hazel
LCB Jonathan Joseph, AJ Bouye, Josh Victorian
RCB Kareem Jackson, Elbert Mack, Loyce Means
Nickel Jason Verrett, Brandon Harris,
FS Chris Clemons, Kendrick Lewis, Shiloh Keo,
SS DJ Swearinger, Eddie Pleasant, Steven Terrell, Jawanza Starling

K Randy Bullock
P Shane Lechler
LS Jon Weeks

Trade Block:
QB TJ Yates
RB Dennis Johnson
WR Keyshawn Martin
RT Derek Newton

Approved Trades:
Houston Receives:
1-10
3-76
7-227
2015 1st
DT Nick Fairley
Detroit Receives:
1-1
5-141

Houston Receives:
1-5
2-36
Oakland Receives:
1-10
2-33
3-76

Draft Picks:
Round 1, Pick 5(5)(From Oakland) Khalil Mack, LB Buffalo
Round 2, Pick 4(36) Jason Verrett, CB TCU
Round 3, Pick 1(65)
Round 4, Pick 1(101)
Round 4, Pick 35(135)(Compensatory)
Round 6, Pick 1(177)
Round 6, Pick 5(181)(From Raiders)
Round 6, Pick 35(211)(Compensatory)
Round 7, Pick 1(216)
Round 7, Pick 11(227)(From Detroit)
Round 7, Pick 41(256)(Compensatory)(Mr. Irrelevant)

2015 1st Round Pick - Detroit Lions


Last edited by Hannibal3188 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:15 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3422
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to apply for AGM or the Dir. of Player Personnel or just being on the staff.
_________________
Adopt-a-Texan:
Andre "AJ aka BEAST" Johnson
103 rec., 1,358 yard, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hannibal3188


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 75
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, got a few things we need to do to get started...

Anyone who wants an official position, please nominate yourself in here. I'd like to know who all our authorized delegates will be fairly soon.

If you want an unofficial position, please give it a whimsical yet descriptive name and it's yours Smile

PM me your personal Big Boards so I can start compiling a more substantial one. You may send me desired targets for later rounds and I can track those as well.

Also, please post everyone's nominees for our Trade Block so I can get that up ASAP.

If you have players you'd be interested in us trading for, please approach the team yourself first and then contact me and/or the AGM if there is willingness/interest.

That's all for the moment Cool


P.S. Sorry I got this up kind of late today. Work was rather busy so I had no time until now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hannibal3188


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 75
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
I would like to apply for AGM or the Dir. of Player Personnel or just being on the staff.


I was about to put you down for AGM to begin with. You got it sir Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shep0507


Joined: 12 Mar 2014
Posts: 147
Location: NC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to be involved, but I don't necessarily care if I have an official position or not.

I've never done a big board and I'm out of town this weekend so I won't have much time to do one. I'll try to get it done prior to Sunday. If it helps, I posted a mock draft that jch1911 saw, so that gives an idea of what I'd like to see. I put Derek Newton in my mock as part of a trade back with Atlanta. I think a RT with starting experience combined with the picks would be enticing for a team that needs some help on the O line and probably wants Clowney. Just my thoughts.

I'll help wherever you want, just let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cole416


Joined: 01 Jul 2013
Posts: 435
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shep0507 wrote:
I would like to be involved, but I don't necessarily care if I have an official position or not.

I've never done a big board and I'm out of town this weekend so I won't have much time to do one. I'll try to get it done prior to Sunday. If it helps, I posted a mock draft that jch1911 saw, so that gives an idea of what I'd like to see. I put Derek Newton in my mock as part of a trade back with Atlanta. I think a RT with starting experience combined with the picks would be enticing for a team that needs some help on the O line and probably wants Clowney. Just my thoughts.

I'll help wherever you want, just let me know.

I'm on the same boat as you. I'll be all for helping out and giving my opinion but I don't need a GM position unless you guys want me to have it. I am not a major poster here so it may seem kinda weird but I have some good insight on these guys.
_________________
Adopt a Texan: Ben Tate
181 carries
771 yards
4 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hannibal3188


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 75
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokay, Depth Chart is up, a few trade block candidates have been added, and I have announced that we will be listening to offers for the #1 pick to the FFMD II general discussion thread. I'll be casually looking into a few players to trade for this afternoon, and I'll let everyone know if anything materializes.

Also, shep0507 and Cole416 I welcome any and all participation you are willing to give! PM me with any ideas you have, trades you'd like potentially pursued, etc. The more the merrier Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hannibal3188


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 75
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mods, when one of you gets a chance I'd appreciate you guys making this thread a sticky. Thanks Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 28059
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be the head coach again. '


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hannibal3188


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 75
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys, trading down from #1 doesn't appear to be happening this time around. So, with the first overall pick, who are we taking? At this point I don't see how it could be anyone other than Bridgewater or Clowney, so please everyone vote, and I'll tie break if I have to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hannibal3188


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 75
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. We now have until tomorrow Tuesday, 4/15 at 10 am to decide. A few teams didn't have a GM or War Room of any kind set up so they pushed it back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shep0507


Joined: 12 Mar 2014
Posts: 147
Location: NC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannibal3188 wrote:
Alright guys, trading down from #1 doesn't appear to be happening this time around. So, with the first overall pick, who are we taking? At this point I don't see how it could be anyone other than Bridgewater or Clowney, so please everyone vote, and I'll tie break if I have to.


Ok, so hear me out on this. If we go offense at #1, to me it's got to be Bridgewater.

Now, if we go defense, I like Khalil Mack more than Clowney. Besides the questions about Clowney's "work ethic", I just don't think he's so much better than Mack that we should be drafting a player #1 that doesn't fit what Crennel is known to do. The team already said that they were "trying to figure out how to use Clowney" and the speculation is that he would play the McGinest role. I'm not sure he even fits that role. I watched the pro day tape where they had him doing LB drop drills and he looked very tight and awkward to me. As it is, Watt doesn't fit the scheme either, so they'll move him around to get him involved. Why draft another player you have to do that with unless he is far and away better than the other player you want and I don't think he is.

I think that Mack is better at the OLB spot for the scheme than Clowney and he can play DE in four man fronts such as the nickel. Also, I like guys like Stephon Tuitt to man the DE position opposite Watt and with Mack coming behind Tuitt, this would instantly increase pressure in the backfield. I like Mack better as a diverse player that fits the scheme over the "freak" that doesn't fit.

That said, if it is between Clowney and Bridgewater, I want Teddy. If it's between Mack and Bridgewater, I still edge to Teddy, but I'm good either way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3422
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shep0507 wrote:
Hannibal3188 wrote:
Alright guys, trading down from #1 doesn't appear to be happening this time around. So, with the first overall pick, who are we taking? At this point I don't see how it could be anyone other than Bridgewater or Clowney, so please everyone vote, and I'll tie break if I have to.


Ok, so hear me out on this. If we go offense at #1, to me it's got to be Bridgewater.

Now, if we go defense, I like Khalil Mack more than Clowney. Besides the questions about Clowney's "work ethic", I just don't think he's so much better than Mack that we should be drafting a player #1 that doesn't fit what Crennel is known to do. The team already said that they were "trying to figure out how to use Clowney" and the speculation is that he would play the McGinest role. I'm not sure he even fits that role. I watched the pro day tape where they had him doing LB drop drills and he looked very tight and awkward to me. As it is, Watt doesn't fit the scheme either, so they'll move him around to get him involved. Why draft another player you have to do that with unless he is far and away better than the other player you want and I don't think he is.

I think that Mack is better at the OLB spot for the scheme than Clowney and he can play DE in four man fronts such as the nickel. Also, I like guys like Stephon Tuitt to man the DE position opposite Watt and with Mack coming behind Tuitt, this would instantly increase pressure in the backfield. I like Mack better as a diverse player that fits the scheme over the "freak" that doesn't fit.

That said, if it is between Clowney and Bridgewater, I want Teddy. If it's between Mack and Bridgewater, I still edge to Teddy, but I'm good either way.

I almost echo the new guy and I mean almost verbatim Wink TB or Mack, but I also feel Clowney gives us a threat and allows us to move Mercilus down the road if he doesn't step his game up
_________________
Adopt-a-Texan:
Andre "AJ aka BEAST" Johnson
103 rec., 1,358 yard, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shep0507


Joined: 12 Mar 2014
Posts: 147
Location: NC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
I almost echo the new guy and I mean almost verbatim Wink TB or Mack, but I also feel Clowney gives us a threat and allows us to move Mercilus down the road if he doesn't step his game up


WOW. I got the "new guy" tag. Ouch. Wink

Mack gives the same threat and option on Mercilus as Clowney, just from a different spot. Mack also helps the terrible lack of LB depth and gives the option on moving Reed inside, or for that matter, sending him down the road too. Like I said earlier, Mack at OLB with Tuitt at DE is as good, and maybe better than Clowney and Mercilus or Clowney and whoever plays the DE is he's at the McGinest spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 28059
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming we dont make a trade now until our pick I think the pick should be Clowney. Best player in this draft and the QB talk has dyed down now. If we pass on him he is either going 2 or 3 anyway. I dont want to face him twice a season with the Jaguars.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group