Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VII!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
^^^ what's reliants draft party like? Ive never been.

Twin Peaks I've been meaning to go to for a while but never gotten around to.

Only thing I hate about the draft party at Reliant is that they talk right after they announce the picks.

Here is a video of them during the Mercilus pick last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlsj6EzAoOs

In a nut shell lol. How many of those fans do you think knew who Mercilus was.

Yeah that was going to be my next post. They definitely didnt know who Kareem was when we picked him. Mostly everyone wanted Taylor Mays. I had to explain to most of them since I was watching Bama throughout 09-10. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking more and more like I will be there in April. Probably not long enough for the draft, but like the first 3 weeks or so. We will be doing work at the Mannheim near Hobby airport. So I will be about 15 minutes or so from Reliant. Anyone down that way? Even if not, we still need to do a dinner or something with everyone.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, today is why I love the NCAA tournament!
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Not for the Gophers :(
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Looking more and more like I will be there in April. Probably not long enough for the draft, but like the first 3 weeks or so. We will be doing work at the Mannheim near Hobby airport. So I will be about 15 minutes or so from Reliant. Anyone down that way? Even if not, we still need to do a dinner or something with everyone.

Depending on my schedule I'm down to go

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh come on USA!
Grasspike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Not for the Gophers Sad

Are Minnesota fans happy Tubby Smith was fired? Seems to me that he was doing a good job there. Hard to fire a guy after winning a tournament game...

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Not for the Gophers Sad

Are Minnesota fans happy Tubby Smith was fired? Seems to me that he was doing a good job there. Hard to fire a guy after winning a tournament game...

Ya I love how Tubby and Howland get fired and Dixon gets an extension.....
Grasspike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Not for the Gophers Sad

To be fair, UCLA fell off heavily in the past few years, and the SI thing earlier this year was pretty damning.

Sig by matthouston91
texandominance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Not for the Gophers :(

To be fair, UCLA fell off heavily in the past few years, and the SI thing earlier this year was pretty damning.

He had some questions to answer because our athletic department is lacking money. I wanted him gone and thought he should be gone. We had a team talented enough to make a run at the big 10 title and an elite 8 run but we didn't even come close. In his 6 years here, he was about 60% overall but only about 40% in Big 10 games. That is not good enough here.

Possible replacements are Buzz Williams (Marquette), Jay Wright (Nova), Flip Saunders (I DO NOT WANT) and Shaka Smart (VCU). What people don't know is our new AD is from VCU. He have Shaka the opportunity and Shaka was loyal to him. Hopefully he comes here. That would be best
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD, did you catch the US v Mexico game last night?
texandominance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

I did. I was at my interview Friday so I missed that game but saw last night. HUGE point we got there. Any time you go into Azteca and can get a draw, you take it 100% of the time. I have been happy with our back line. 2 shutouts in a row is a feat. Gonzalez played great last night, Guzan played great as well and the defense bent but didn't break (my favorite soccer saying).

I don't know how familiar people are with soccer but your keeper and center back control your D. They are both leaders and have to be equally as strong and on the same page. Guzan was a leader last night. He showed he had no fear, got to the balls he needed to get to, had his defenders in the right spot and can I just say WOW to that last save. I play keeper (as well as midfield and striker for my team now and in HS) and that last save made me giddy. A small deflection like that a few yards out is almost always a goal if it's on target. Guzan made a very nice change during his dive and made a hell of a reaction save.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I did. I was at my interview Friday so I missed that game but saw last night. HUGE point we got there. Any time you go into Azteca and can get a draw, you take it 100% of the time. I have been happy with our back line. 2 shutouts in a row is a feat. Gonzalez played great last night, Guzan played great as well and the defense bent but didn't break (my favorite soccer saying).

I don't know how familiar people are with soccer but your keeper and center back control your D. They are both leaders and have to be equally as strong and on the same page. Guzan was a leader last night. He showed he had no fear, got to the balls he needed to get to, had his defenders in the right spot and can I just say WOW to that last save. I play keeper (as well as midfield and striker for my team now and in HS) and that last save made me giddy. A small deflection like that a few yards out is almost always a goal if it's on target. Guzan made a very nice change during his dive and made a hell of a reaction save.

Who was the keeper last night? I havn't kept up with the team lately. I like what Besler showed last night too.
texandominance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Who was the keeper last night? I havn't kept up with the team lately. I like what Besler showed last night too.

Last night (and Friday) Brad Guzan got the start. He has been our backup for a while and plays at Villa. Tim Howard is injured and not even on the roster (has a broken bone in his back). I really like both keepers, the one thing the US can consistently produce is good keepers.
Dawgtx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

I'm not too far from Hobby. Just east, about 10-15 miles. Looking forward to it!

Adopt a Texan: Owen Daniels
5 Catches 67 Yards 2 TD's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 65 of 95

Jump to: