Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VII!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
i doubt we see much of TRob in the near future, moray might love him, but McHale never plays a rookie until he has proven himself, and Parsons is the only example i can think of, the other rookies weve had all pretty much say out their rookie seasons

Could that be why we traded Morris away? You think Morey is trying to force McHale to play T-rob?

As you pointed out Parsons played because IIRC McHale liked his defense (over Chase's)... so if T-Rob plays D, he should get a shot

if I remember correctly, Parsons didnt see significant playing time until a few months into his rookie season

so techinically the first game was a few months into his rookie season
5 games in before consistent major minutes, starting by game 7 of the season, AND it was a lockout shortened season
Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the best anniversary choice in Texas? San Antonio, Austin, Corpus, our somewhere else?

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't
Dawgtx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
What's the best anniversary choice in Texas? San Antonio, Austin, Corpus, our somewhere else?

I'm assuming a wedding anniversary? Hard to beat San Antonio for a romantic weekend, especially if you can stay on the riverwalk. Although, the last time I was there, (last July), there were tons of people there. It forced me to get off the Riverwalk, and find some new restaurants just a few blocks from the hotel. It was kind of great actually.

My step son lost his legs in Afghanastan last May, and after about a month in Bethesda, was transferrred to San Antonio. SO over the last 7-8 months we have spent a lot of time there, just not as romantic weekends. But I might can hook you up with a great restaurant if that's where you decide to go.

But, I also love Austin. Mostly for the blues/bands. There's a small B&B within walking distance of 6th St.....about a mile, I guess. If you're interested I'll get you a name and number.

And if you're wanting a quiet weekend, without much to do, two places come to mind. Port Aransas....beach walking, quiet. Or the area around New Bransfel/Fredricksberg....mostly touring wineries.

Only other suggestion is here in Houston....stay someplace nice, check out a new/great restaurant....find brunch the next day, and do over.

Adopt a Texan: Owen Daniels
5 Catches 67 Yards 2 TD's
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Yeah its for my wedding anniversary.

San Antonio sounds nice. I haven't been there since I was 7 and literally remember nothing Laughing

Restaurants and things to do would be nice if you know any Very Happy

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't
Dawgtx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be latereplying. I had computer issues yesterday, and no time last night.

I usually stay at the Hotel Contessa. Nice place, but parking sucks. I believe it's totally 100% valet...and they charge for it naturally...but if you want something out of your car, a book, a cd, whatever, they actually park a block away.

From there, the nicest place I can think of is Biga's. Its a couple of blocks from the hotel, kinda pricey, very nice. I had a chili relleno, (for some reason I like to think I'm a chili relleno connisuer), and it was wonderful. Paesano's is very nice, and is a nice walk around the river.

Another place that came highly recommended, although I have'nt eaten there is Boudro's. Again in the Riverwalk area, and again pricey.

There are places all around the Riverwalk that are more casual, and less pricey. About a mile or so west of the hotel is a mexican market area that I can't remember off hand what it's called. But, there are several great mexican food restaurants in there. Ususally go for breakfast and lunch. Walk there, and after bloody mary's / margarita's, get a cab back.

If I think of anything else, I'll try and post it. But I have a busy week, and leave for Vegas, Friday morning....so we'll see?!

Dawgtx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more spot, and it's kinda nice, off the Riverwalk, and around the corner from that hotel is a place called Zinc Bistro. Very good food, kinda romantic if you sit outside, moderatly priced. When we was there last they had Sangria that they had made, and it was very good. That was last July....mid March, I dunno?

ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! I'm going to start making arrangements Very Happy

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are we, the Colts forum? Mad

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys just wondering if anyone wants to play fantasy baseball? The draft is this Sunday night and we have 2 open spots left in the Titans Forum and its a yahoo draft

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=513515&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Hi guys just wondering if anyone wants to play fantasy baseball? The draft is this Sunday night and we have 2 open spots left in the Titans Forum and its a yahoo draft

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=513515&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I was going to post in the thread, I'll join if you need an extra guy and a rival to beat you guys. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I MIGHT be coming down to Houston for a few weeks in April. Still unsure (for work) but if I do, I will have to grab dinner with some of you. Especially Dawg, I owe him dinner Very Happy
texandominance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
I MIGHT be coming down to Houston for a few weeks in April. Still unsure (for work) but if I do, I will have to grab dinner with some of you. Especially Dawg, I owe him dinner :D

I'm actually heading down there Saturday. I fly to OK City Friday night, then Houston Saturday Morning and Afternoon and then back to OK City Saturday night.

I interviewed for a company and they are trying to entice me to sign with them (which is pretty cool). However, what they don't realize is I'd rather watch the tourney than see all of their facilities!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
I MIGHT be coming down to Houston for a few weeks in April. Still unsure (for work) but if I do, I will have to grab dinner with some of you. Especially Dawg, I owe him dinner Very Happy

I'm actually heading down there Saturday. I fly to OK City Friday night, then Houston Saturday Morning and Afternoon and then back to OK City Saturday night.

I interviewed for a company and they are trying to entice me to sign with them (which is pretty cool). However, what they don't realize is I'd rather watch the tourney than see all of their facilities!

Hahaha what time is yalls game?
texandominance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
I MIGHT be coming down to Houston for a few weeks in April. Still unsure (for work) but if I do, I will have to grab dinner with some of you. Especially Dawg, I owe him dinner :D

9pm Friday. Same time as the US national team game
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

You sir need to find a bar lol

Man the USMNT brings back memories, Dempseys from Nac and he comes back all the time, because he supposedly the high school coach is a soccer god and he attributes all his success to him. Well it was last June and he showed up at the frat party I was at and it was awesome!

9pm Friday. Same time as the US national team game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 63 of 95

Jump to: