Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VII!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texandominance

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really starting to get serious about a job search for after graduation. This is turning out to be very stressful. I want to find a job in the Minneapolis area as I have a bunch of friends and family here, but there are not a lot of Aerospace jobs here. I don't really want to start fresh in a new city but it looks like that is what will happen.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
I'm really starting to get serious about a job search for after graduation. This is turning out to be very stressful. I want to find a job in the Minneapolis area as I have a bunch of friends and family here, but there are not a lot of Aerospace jobs here. I don't really want to start fresh in a new city but it looks like that is what will happen.

Come on down to Houston!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgtx wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
So I have a 6 year old yellow lab and my wife and I are trying to get pregnant, and should be within a few months at the most......would it be stupid to get ANOTHER dog now? So we would have 2 dogs and a baby.....

HOPE YOU DIDNT DO IT

we got a dog that we loved, and once we had a kid, we just did not have time for a dog, so we had to find him another home

I was thinking the same thing?! Especially after reading you had just worked 20 hours.

Next winter, say you have to work like that again. Your wife will have a new born....a less than a year old puppy....and another dawg to care for by herself?!

I have a 7 month old Cheasepeak Bay Retriever that is more than I can handle working what I do. I can't imagine throwing a new born in on top of it. I's suggest waiting until the new born is past the baby phase, and get one to grow up with it.

We did not do it, thanks for all the advice. But we will be getting one within a year or 2. We love dogs and our dog I think will really benefit from having a buddy to play with a lot. Might name the new one Red Very Happy

Texan and Red, those are good names

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name the third Bullsonparade?
texandominance

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Come on down to Houston!

Right now its an option. I was born there and still have some friends there but nothing like I have in Minnesota.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:

Yeah, I'm the same way. I hear back about my summer research proposal sometime in the next two weeks, and if I don't get it I'm back to square one. Trying to network and reach out to a ton of people is tough as well.

Sig by matthouston91
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Come on down to Houston!

Right now its an option. I was born there and still have some friends there but nothing like I have in Minnesota.

I'm assuming NASA might have some aerospace jobs right? what exactly is aero space and who hires for it?
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Come on down to Houston!

I'm assuming NASA might have some aerospace jobs right? what exactly is aero space and who hires for it?

NASA does, but those are the top jobs you can get and they don't hire many new-grads. Aerospace is engineering for anything that moves through a fluid (ie air). Subs and cars (the aerodynamics) are a small part. The largest part is airplanes and anything that goes on one.

Minneapolis has a ton of engineering but not a lot of aerospace. I feel I should have my first job in my major.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Come on down to Houston!

NASA does, but those are the top jobs you can get and they don't hire many new-grads. Aerospace is engineering for anything that moves through a fluid (ie air). Subs and cars (the aerodynamics) are a small part. The largest part is airplanes and anything that goes on one.

Minneapolis has a ton of engineering but not a lot of aerospace. I feel I should have my first job in my major.

huntsville ALabama is a huge hub for that type of job
texandominance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
texandominance wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Come on down to Houston!

That's the problem, jobs are every where that I don't really want to be. Yall probably think I'm crazy but Minnesota is an awesome place to live. Yes it does get cold, but thats why we have snow mobiles. The summer's up here are the best in the country, maybe the world. The weather is perfect, you have long days, its great.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
texandominance wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Come on down to Houston!

That's the problem, jobs are every where that I don't really want to be. Yall probably think I'm crazy but Minnesota is an awesome place to live. Yes it does get cold, but thats why we have snow mobiles. The summer's up here are the best in the country, maybe the world. The weather is perfect, you have long days, its great.

I don't think you're crazy Cool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
texandominance wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Come on down to Houston!

You gotta start somewhere. Look for a job that either has connections to Minnesota (the same company has offices in Minnesota that you can transfer to when there's an opening, for example) or is in the field you're most interested in and that provides the best experience. Then keep looking for jobs and when a good one opens up in Minnesota, move back. Just because you start at a place doesn't mean you have to stay there.

Sig by matthouston91
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why arent a lot of you older (by joining date) posters not wanting to participate in FFMD this season?
texandominance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
why arent a lot of you older (by joining date) posters not wanting to participate in FFMD this season?

For me its i'm training for a marathon, doing a design and build project, writing an AIAA paper and I have a job that requires a lot of time. Hopefully next year, I'll have more time when I'm out in the real world. These last few years have been busy
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
texandominance wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
texandominance wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Come on down to Houston!

I don't think you're crazy Cool

I don't think anybody that's done their research would think he's crazy. Minnesota is one of the best places to live in the states.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 58 of 99

Jump to: