Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VII!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Grasspike


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5161
Location: Remote Wilderness
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Dwight Howard is going to help us so much. The pick n roll was lethal before but now? Amazing. We should also be able to run the ball through him in half court sets.


they are going to be a sick duo!! i wouldnt be surprised to see the rockets in the finals this season, and we have the ultimate heat kryptonite in Dwight Howard

I wouldnt post this near the basketball forum because they would all flip out, but im not scared by any team in the west. There is no one outside of Memphis that can play D against Howard, and they just dont have the weapons on offense to be a real threat.

my only fear is that Harden doesnt improve. He had an amazing year and capped it with a 3rd team all nba selection, but he has to improve his shooting, at the very least he needs to shoot .460 form the field....If Kobe is hurt for the start of the season i could see both Dwight Howard and James Harden starting the all star game, even though Kobe will get voted in if he retires, Harden is going to get the benefit of all the Howard voters

i am concerned about Asik being on the roster and wasting space


Asik is a cheap solid backup big man--Dwight can't play all 48 minutes a game, especially with his back. They can always trade Asik next offseason when his contract balloons.

Also, when Harden doesn't have to carry as heavy of an offensive load, his shooting percentages will go up significantly.
_________________

Sig by matthouston91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30457
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know what im more excited for. The upcoming Rockets season or the upcoming Texans season. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3721
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I dont know what im more excited for. The upcoming Rockets season or the upcoming Texans season. Laughing


Both!

Although I still wish the Texans would add another ILB (Desmond Bishop might've been perfect) and NT.

Just like I wish the Rox would trade for a starting stretch 4 (Kevin Love???).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9547
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Dwight Howard is going to help us so much. The pick n roll was lethal before but now? Amazing. We should also be able to run the ball through him in half court sets.


they are going to be a sick duo!! i wouldnt be surprised to see the rockets in the finals this season, and we have the ultimate heat kryptonite in Dwight Howard

I wouldnt post this near the basketball forum because they would all flip out, but im not scared by any team in the west. There is no one outside of Memphis that can play D against Howard, and they just dont have the weapons on offense to be a real threat.

my only fear is that Harden doesnt improve. He had an amazing year and capped it with a 3rd team all nba selection, but he has to improve his shooting, at the very least he needs to shoot .460 form the field....If Kobe is hurt for the start of the season i could see both Dwight Howard and James Harden starting the all star game, even though Kobe will get voted in if he retires, Harden is going to get the benefit of all the Howard voters

i am concerned about Asik being on the roster and wasting space


Asik is a cheap solid backup big man--Dwight can't play all 48 minutes a game, especially with his back. They can always trade Asik next offseason when his contract balloons.

Also, when Harden doesn't have to carry as heavy of an offensive load, his shooting percentages will go up significantly.


Asik's contract doesnt change in cap hit, its 8.3 million all 3 years, thats a lot to pay for a back up who cant play more than 1 position....you need 3 qulity big men, but 2 of them need to be able to play PF, and we only have 2 quality bigs to begin with and neither can play PF
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
34 catches 419 yards 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TexansFan80


Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Posts: 5178
Location: Callin' Baton Rouge
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, Schaub is apparently in Jaws' top 11 QB rankings. Is this generally agreed upon, or is he the exception in the media?
_________________

^LORK 88^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4792
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
FWIW, Schaub is apparently in Jaws' top 11 QB rankings. Is this generally agreed upon, or is he the exception in the media?


Ya, saw that also, but if the young guys improve like they should, he'll be bumped down next year.

Also John Clayton said teams have figured out Schaub and that his struggles at the end of last season will continue.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
38 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LORK 88


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 6105
Location: Endor
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behold, all that is man:


_________________

ADOPT-A-TEXAN: CJ "Polish Hat" Fiedorowicz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4792
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kub rockin the porn stash!
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
38 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blaze


Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 13734
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Kub rockin the porn stash!
Laughing Laughing
_________________

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grasspike


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5161
Location: Remote Wilderness
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a find, LORK. If only I had more ability to cultivate facial hair...
_________________

Sig by matthouston91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sitting in he same row as Brennan Williams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9547
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
I'm sitting in he same row as Brennan Williams.


Don't bumb knees with him
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
34 catches 419 yards 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
I'm sitting in he same row as Brennan Williams.


Don't bumb knees with him


Lol dudes a complete geek.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30457
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
I'm sitting in he same row as Brennan Williams.


Don't bumb knees with him


Lol dudes a complete geek.


He cool as heck on twitter. I talk wrestling with him. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
I'm sitting in he same row as Brennan Williams.


Don't bumb knees with him


Lol dudes a complete geek.


He cool as heck on twitter. I talk wrestling with him. Laughing


I saw him at ROW!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 80 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group