Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VII!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13064
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Blaze wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Stay tuned folks. Something that hasn't been done in 4 years is about to happen in the Texans board and me and ServantofYHWH is going to need everyone's help. Very Happy


Wooooooord

Forum awards?


Yep. Very Happy

Me and SevantoYHWH are going over the details and putting it all together this week, and we should get things going next week. The awards show should be around the week of June 22nd.
just like old times...


I have a hunch I'm not getting most respected poster this time.


Award for best hunch goes to Kenny Wink
_________________

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
texandominance


Joined: 22 Sep 2007
Posts: 4613
Location: Duluth, Mn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Friday, I ran a 1:32:49 half marathon which is by far my best ever. When I started running in December, I wanted to finish a marathon in under 4:00. Now it is feasable that I could finish one in under 3:15.

My goal for the next year is to qualify for Boston, which is a sub 3:05 marathon. I also want to run a sub 4:45 mile at some point. Both are going to be very difficult and take a lot of work, but it will be totally worth it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11853
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Last Friday, I ran a 1:32:49 half marathon which is by far my best ever. When I started running in December, I wanted to finish a marathon in under 4:00. Now it is feasable that I could finish one in under 3:15.

My goal for the next year is to qualify for Boston, which is a sub 3:05 marathon. I also want to run a sub 4:45 mile at some point. Both are going to be very difficult and take a lot of work, but it will be totally worth it!


Nice. I am just getting into half-marathons and my goal is to just complete a marathon by spring of next year.

The greatest benefit thus far of moving to Phoenix has been the number of awesome outdoors-y things to do. There are even "races" along hiking trails and stuff like that; I will be competing in one with my boss this fall (I'll try and go find the name of it).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11853
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, for anyone who is health-conscious (or obsessive), the MyFitnessPal app, which I just discovered, is the single greatest weight management tool I've ever found. I've been using it for about a week now. It makes tracking calories MUCH easier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jacobys Homey


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 8341
Location: BU
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
kenney wrote:
Blaze wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Stay tuned folks. Something that hasn't been done in 4 years is about to happen in the Texans board and me and ServantofYHWH is going to need everyone's help. Very Happy


Wooooooord

Forum awards?


Yep. Very Happy

Me and SevantoYHWH are going over the details and putting it all together this week, and we should get things going next week. The awards show should be around the week of June 22nd.
just like old times...


I have a hunch I'm not getting most respected poster this time.


Award for best hunch goes to Kenny Wink


wow it has been a long time since we have done the awards. Looking forward to it!
_________________


Did you feel the mountains tremble?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texandominance


Joined: 22 Sep 2007
Posts: 4613
Location: Duluth, Mn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
texandominance wrote:
Last Friday, I ran a 1:32:49 half marathon which is by far my best ever. When I started running in December, I wanted to finish a marathon in under 4:00. Now it is feasable that I could finish one in under 3:15.

My goal for the next year is to qualify for Boston, which is a sub 3:05 marathon. I also want to run a sub 4:45 mile at some point. Both are going to be very difficult and take a lot of work, but it will be totally worth it!


Nice. I am just getting into half-marathons and my goal is to just complete a marathon by spring of next year.

The greatest benefit thus far of moving to Phoenix has been the number of awesome outdoors-y things to do. There are even "races" along hiking trails and stuff like that; I will be competing in one with my boss this fall (I'll try and go find the name of it).


That's how Minnesota is believe it or not. Especially in the summertime and it's still pretty active in the winter believe it or not. Last Sunday I ran 21 miles and biked 7. During that time, I saw close to 1000 people on the trails. It's a really active place and it is contagious.

I started running in January and have slowly gotten more and more people into it. Now, 7 of my friends are training for a marathon along with me and a few more have begun running but don't want to run a marathon.

I am at a place right now where I can run a half marathon at the drop of a pin and its not terribly difficult. You will get there and it's a great feeling (but also a little scary :D). For me running gets difficult around mile 18-20, but that can be pushed off a bit based on intake.

As you get closer to your half, I'll let you know a few more things, but for now, keep running! You don't have to run every day, but try to do something active for 15-30 minutes. (that's really for everyone)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grasspike


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5098
Location: Davidson College
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely hate distance running, but I now need to reconcile that with the fact that I only have five more months of football left. I don't mind the stationary bike, but I don't want to spend an hour a day pedaling in the same spot.
_________________

Sig by matthouston91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
texandominance


Joined: 22 Sep 2007
Posts: 4613
Location: Duluth, Mn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
I absolutely hate distance running, but I now need to reconcile that with the fact that I only have five more months of football left. I don't mind the stationary bike, but I don't want to spend an hour a day pedaling in the same spot.


I use to hate it, but if you find people to do it with, its easier and a very social activity. My biggest issue with it is I use to be a sprinter and I am a lot slower when I try to sprint now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13064
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
I absolutely hate distance running, but I now need to reconcile that with the fact that I only have five more months of football left. I don't mind the stationary bike, but I don't want to spend an hour a day pedaling in the same spot.


I use to hate it, but if you find people to do it with, its easier and a very social activity. My biggest issue with it is I use to be a sprinter and I am a lot slower when I try to sprint now


I drive to the end of the driveway to get my morning newspaper.



_________________

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28776
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK is in San Diego. As am I. This is a message to him.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13064
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
LORK is in San Diego. As am I. This is a message to him.


You're just bragging. We all know Lork is most easily found in the MOD forum.
_________________

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13064
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight Howard is going to help us so much. The pick n roll was lethal before but now? Amazing. We should also be able to run the ball through him in half court sets.
_________________

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
skaterbirdhouse


Moderator
Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 8586
Location: Jacksonville
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello gentlemen, I'm here to invite you all to fill the last spot in the Jaguars Offline fantasy league. We need just one more active(probably not even going to post this in the Colts forum Wink ) poster to get our draft started. Please sign up!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 7409
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Dwight Howard is going to help us so much. The pick n roll was lethal before but now? Amazing. We should also be able to run the ball through him in half court sets.


they are going to be a sick duo!! i wouldnt be surprised to see the rockets in the finals this season, and we have the ultimate heat kryptonite in Dwight Howard

I wouldnt post this near the basketball forum because they would all flip out, but im not scared by any team in the west. There is no one outside of Memphis that can play D against Howard, and they just dont have the weapons on offense to be a real threat.

my only fear is that Harden doesnt improve. He had an amazing year and capped it with a 3rd team all nba selection, but he has to improve his shooting, at the very least he needs to shoot .460 form the field....If Kobe is hurt for the start of the season i could see both Dwight Howard and James Harden starting the all star game, even though Kobe will get voted in if he retires, Harden is going to get the benefit of all the Howard voters

i am concerned about Asik being on the roster and wasting space
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LORK 88


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 6056
Location: Endor
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
LORK is in San Diego. As am I. This is a message to him.

Dang, really wish I would'be seen this sooner. Unfortunately, I'm flying home tomorrow. Pretty crazy that two mods with the same birthday are within a few miles (I'm close to LJHS).
_________________

TEXANS NATION LONGTIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 79 of 95

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group