Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VII!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
operation lose 30-50 pounds starts today. Ugh the meals we have planned are terrible lol. Hopefully it works.

Just curious, what's your plan? I maintain a pretty healthy diet eating a lot of foods I really enjoy.

Honestly IDK how to even describe it. Basically Ive knocked out all processed foods and sodas. I eat fruit, veggies lean protein and starch (small amounts). I eat every 3 hours (small meals) and drink tons of water. Ive been using pure silk, some crap rice replacement and some other weird foods. Couscous and quinoa, thats what IM eating lol

I've lost ~80 pounds since October. There are two rules for losing weight: 1. Set a calorie goal and count your calories. If you want to lose weight, that calorie goal has to be less than 2000 calories. I know you're in construction and will be miserable, but this is how weight loss works. 2. Cut out sugar, salt, and carbs.

I lost 20 pounds in the first month following those rules and have gone from 235 to 158 as of right now.

Ya, I hit 4 bills Jan 1.....I was embarrassed. But it was the tipping point and I'm down 80 lbs too since then, I got a long way to go for my goal weight of 225ish but I already feel SO much better.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
treece300e

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
operation lose 30-50 pounds starts today. Ugh the meals we have planned are terrible lol. Hopefully it works.

Just curious, what's your plan? I maintain a pretty healthy diet eating a lot of foods I really enjoy.

Honestly IDK how to even describe it. Basically Ive knocked out all processed foods and sodas. I eat fruit, veggies lean protein and starch (small amounts). I eat every 3 hours (small meals) and drink tons of water. Ive been using pure silk, some crap rice replacement and some other weird foods. Couscous and quinoa, thats what IM eating lol

I don't know if it's "against the rules" of your diet, but I've switched primarily to almond milk and I really enjoy it. You can buy it unsweetened, which I haven't tasted, or Vanilla flavored. Also, quinoa is amazing and can be used a variety of different ways. I like to add broccoli, cauliflower, artichoke hearts, and chicken to pick it up a bit. I ate it with a pita, but again I don't know if that's restricted.

Personally, I've started making a movement to eat healthier by cutting soda and other artificial fruit juices, fast food (with sandwich shops being exempt, I love Jimmy John's! I can get delicious wheat bread or an "unwich" - a lettuce wrap), and substituting white flour and sugar when possible. I have been using honey or agave instead of sugar, whole wheat flour instead of white flour, and even unsweetened applesauce for butter when it's something dessert-like. I like to cook, so when I find myself craving something, I'll try to look at healthier alternatives for those recipes. Sometimes those recipes are readily available, other times you have to read reviews and feedback, and sometimes you're left making the substitutions yourself. I find myself making very few sacrifices; however, I'm slowly transitioning instead of jumping into the deep end.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the opposite problem--I've been trying to gain weight throughout college and I'm sitting at 4 lbs heavier than when I came in. There have been larger swings within that (I'm 10 lbs lighter than I was sophomore spring), but I cannot keep weight on for the life of me.

Sig by matthouston91
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
I have the opposite problem--I've been trying to gain weight throughout college and I'm sitting at 4 lbs heavier than when I came in. There have been larger swings within that (I'm 10 lbs lighter than I was sophomore spring), but I cannot keep weight on for the life of me.

EAT MOAR
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Gotcha. Any diet is gonna be rough if you're drastically switching everything up haha. I would say I mostly eat... Eggs, potatoes, sandwiches with lots of turkey, greek yogurt, milk, chicken, meat pasta dishses, cheerios. Those are pretty much my staples that I eat every day haha.

And I know working in construction (i've done it too) that you definitely need foods that give long-lasting energy production. When going out before work I would make sure to eat something like: Eggs, banana, yogurt, oatmeal, milk, and tons of water. I used to eat that before I would go out to a jobsite and it would keep me going for a long time.

As Kenney said though, keeping under 2000 calories is pretty much gonna be essential. Just make sure that your breakfast (or whatever meal is before you leave for the jobsite) is packed with complex carbs and filling foods that will leave you able to work for hours.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:

My weight has been so annoying. I can beef up from 175 to 190 in about 2-3 weeks when i'm lifting every day. But the problem is i've been either sick or hurt every month this whole year. Now recently I just had my wisdom teeth removed and had a sinus infection this past week (talk about miserable) and i'm back down to 175 ish.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
texandominance

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:

I feel your pain. Im up 10 lbs from 2 years ago, but that is when I weighed 135. Im 6"2 and am lanky as hell. If I lift I get stronger but can't add any noticeable mass. I reduced my body fat by close to 9% which more than halved it the last 6 months with all the running I do.

AA, I suggest running. It's hard to get into but do it every day for a few weeks then you start feeling bad about yourself when you don't run. It's peaceful and anyone can do it. The best part is running is free and you get to explore your town! That's how I figured out Duluth when I first moved there
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness. Work is killing my body and health. Aches and pains constantly and randomly.

I think I'll be able to play basketball for the first time in a long while today!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay tuned folks. Something that hasn't been done in 4 years is about to happen in the Texans board and me and ServantofYHWH is going to need everyone's help. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Stay tuned folks. Something that hasn't been done in 4 years is about to happen in the Texans board and me and ServantofYHWH is going to need everyone's help. Very Happy

Wooooooord
LORK 88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Wooooooord

Forum awards?

ADOPT-A-TEXAN: CJ "Polish Hat" Fiedorowicz
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Wooooooord

Forum awards?

Yep. Very Happy

Me and SevantoYHWH are going over the details and putting it all together this week, and we should get things going next week. The awards show should be around the week of June 22nd.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Wooooooord

Forum awards?

Yep. Very Happy

Me and SevantoYHWH are going over the details and putting it all together this week, and we should get things going next week. The awards show should be around the week of June 22nd.
just like old times...

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Wooooooord

Forum awards?

Yep. Very Happy

just like old times...

Ah the good old days...
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Wooooooord

Forum awards?

Yep. Very Happy

just like old times...

I have a hunch I'm not getting most respected poster this time.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 78 of 99

Jump to: