Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VII!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also while I'm at it, a question for anyone with experience in law (particularly mse):

Are pleadings/motions protected by privilege? I need to provide professional writing samples, and I wrote a ton of pleadings in a major wrongful death case. All of them are available to view on the Harris County District Clerk's website... but I don't want to submit something and break the law in so doing.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Need some brief advice.

I had to quit my job recently and I've been applying for new work. I got a callback this morning, but I'm increasingly certain it's a scam -- the interviewer claimed to be with GroupSystems (the company to which I applied, through the legitimate head-hunter service of smartrecruiters.com), but in the email he sent me instructing me to call him to set up an interview, he used a company description that was taken verbatim from Susquehanna Investment Group. I was tipped off to being skeptical because the GroupSystems website that he referred me to describes the company as a research and development firm, but the description of the company was that of an accounting firm/investment group.

I was not asked for any money, or any immediately obvious sign of scam like that, but I need to know if I'm susceptible to any kind of identity fraud/theft based on the information these people would have gotten off my resume. The only personal information was my home address, my cell phone number, and obviously my name.

They're supposed to call again tomorrow morning, so I suppose I will have a clearer view if/when that happens, but I need to know if I'm in any danger just with the information that they may have on me from my resume.

I would call/e-mail the HR department of the firm in question to make sure that you have nothing to worry about and that this is a legitimate query. I don't think you have too much to worry about from the information on your resume, but any information they can get on top of that would be worth worrying about.

Sig by matthouston91
mse326

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Also while I'm at it, a question for anyone with experience in law (particularly mse):

Are pleadings/motions protected by privilege? I need to provide professional writing samples, and I wrote a ton of pleadings in a major wrongful death case. All of them are available to view on the Harris County District Clerk's website... but I don't want to submit something and break the law in so doing.

No they aren't privileged. They are public documents.

There is nothing illegal with using them (at least not generally but I doubt any state would say it is), but my practice was to ask the lawyer/judge I worked for if I could use it. More a courtesy than anything as there is likely no reason to say no assuming you were the one that wrote it.

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant wait till week 15 to destroy the Colts to shut down all this Luck talk. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Cant wait till week 15 to destroy the Colts to shut down all this Luck talk. Rolling Eyes

I think this belongs in the around the league thread, but yeah. I wish the schedule makers wouldnt of put both our games with Indy at the end of the season. Did any other division opponents have that happen?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

I think this belongs in the around the league thread, but yeah. I wish the schedule makers wouldnt of put both our games with Indy at the end of the season. Did any other division opponents have that happen?

I actually like it. It will force us to keep our heads in the game til the end. We lost a lot steam last year after the Bengals win. It didn't hurt us but I really don't want to tempt it.

#JDI
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came down with a nasty, nasty virus yesterday. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. Our last club baseball series of the semester is on Saturday and I really want to be out there. Just gotta wait this out, though.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling any better, JH?

Just watched the Wolfpack play one of the best games of basketball I've seen them play in my lifetime. Really excited about this year.

Sig by matthouston91
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Feeling any better, JH?

Just watched the Wolfpack play one of the best games of basketball I've seen them play in my lifetime. Really excited about this year.

Yes. This afternoon was real rough, but i'm pressing through. Nasty virus. It was constant wooziness, fever, going from hot to cold every 15 minutes, sore throat, and really bad chills, body aches, etc. But right now i'm pretty much just dealing with my eyes burning and body aches, which is relief from what I was experiencing.

Give me the scoop on the Pack this year, GP.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Feeling any better, JH?

Yes. This afternoon was real rough, but i'm pressing through. Nasty virus. It was constant wooziness, fever, going from hot to cold every 15 minutes, sore throat, and really bad chills, body aches, etc. But right now i'm pretty much just dealing with my eyes burning and body aches, which is relief from what I was experiencing.

Give me the scoop on the Pack this year, GP.

Zo Brown might be the best point guard in college basketball--6-5 with speed, athleticism, never gets out of control, and can score when he needs to. Lacks a great outside shot, but makes enough to keep defenses honest. He was out best player last year. Rodney Purvis starts at the 2, and is a solid starter--not a great shooter, but very good in transition and can score in the lane. Scott Wood is the 3 and is as good a shooter as there is in the country--lights out from anywhere on the court. Can't do a ton of other things though. CJ Leslie starts at the 4 and looks approximately 10000000000x better than he was to start off last year. Phenomenal athlete and shot blocker, good handle for a big man, excellent post moves. Monster on help defense and can score and rebound. Looks like he's not going to turn the ball over as much this year and he made some really nice passes that he has never made before. I'm excited to see what he could become. Richard Howell starts at the five and is a monster in the post. Great rebounder and can score at will when he's on. He got in foul trouble in pretty much every game last year, but he looks like he's worked on not making stupid fouls.

The bench is not very deep, though. Tyler Lewis is the backup point guard. Right now he's a 10-15 minute per night guy, good offensive player but not very good defensively because he's 5-10, 160 and not particularly muscular or athletic. Great passer, but you could tell he's still adjusting to the college game. TJ Warren is the backup 3/4, and really impressed me tonight. Can score from anywhere inside the arc and is great in transition. Looks like a savvy vet already. Thomas De Thaey gets minutes pretty consistently as a backup big man. He's a good shooter from 3 and in and rebounds pretty well, but will only get 5-10 minutes a night. Jordan Vandenburg is the backup center, historically he's been a stiff--good defensive player but absolutely lost on offense. He looked better tonight, but he has a lot to prove. Had absolutely no offensive touch his first two years. Hopefully he plays sparingly. Everyone else is pretty much a walk-on. A few guys transferred out last year, and one guy transferred in and can't play until next year.

From what I saw tonight, State is a very good team with some flaws. They don't have great outside shooting other than Scott Wood, and struggled in the half court offense, especially against zone. But they absolutely killed it in transition--might be the best transition team I've ever seen. Vandenburg is the only player over 6-8, but that hasn't hurt them in the past. They rebound and block shots really well. Helps that they go 6-5, 6-3, 6-6 at 1-3. They made a lot of mistakes on offense today and still scored 97 points. When they start cleaning up, it'll be a sight to behold.

Sig by matthouston91
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random stat: This is the first season in team history where the Texans do not have a former #1 pick on the roster.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Random stat: This is the first season in team history where the Texans do not have a former #1 pick on the roster.

Progress!

Also anyone pick up Black Ops 2 yet?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Progress!

Yep..on PS3!

I love this game!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Progress!

Yep..on PS3!

I love this game!

Ah snap me too, what's your gamertag? Mines Brees_nuts send me a friend request.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Progress!

Yep..on PS3!

I love this game!

Ah snap me too, what's your gamertag? Mines Brees_nuts send me a friend request.

Texansfan713

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 46 of 99

Jump to: