Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VII!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAS22

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why you draft BPA folks. Ozzie looks like a genius but Upshaw was the best player available at the time so it really should be a no brainer.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the best job I could ever ask for on campus.

I have now gotten paid to play soccer, basketball, flag football, dodgeball and.... participate in an eating contest!
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
I have the best job I could ever ask for on campus.

I have now gotten paid to play soccer, basketball, flag football, dodgeball and.... participate in an eating contest!

Ha nice. What exactly are you supposed to do?
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
texandominance wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
texandominance wrote:
Suggs is out the entire year. That is a huge blow for them

What!? Why? I need to catch up...

All over ESPN now:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7885596/terrell-suggs-baltimore-ravens-tears-achilles-tendon

He's 30 so I can only assume that this will put a sever damper on his career

Just read about it. Man...Ozzie Newsome must have a crystal ball or something. People nearly bugged out when Courtney Upshaw was the pickup over Peter Konz. Now? Man, that pick looks downright prophetic.

They're saying it happened on Saturday. I wouldn't doubt it happened before that and they knew of it before the draft

True but there's still a sizable drop off from T-Sizzle to Upshaw

It's a sizable dropoff from T-Sizzle to anyone not named DeMarcus Ware or James Harrison. No matter who they drafted, it wouldn't be the same...but at the least, they have mitigated the loss as well as they can with Upshaw on board.

If Upshaw can play well right out the box, and if Sergio Kindle can ever do anything worthy of note, it would still be a loss, but not nearly as bad of a loss.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
texansfan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
texandominance wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
texandominance wrote:

All over ESPN now:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7885596/terrell-suggs-baltimore-ravens-tears-achilles-tendon

Just read about it. Man...Ozzie Newsome must have a crystal ball or something. People nearly bugged out when Courtney Upshaw was the pickup over Peter Konz. Now? Man, that pick looks downright prophetic.

It was already a need for Baltimore before the injury to Suggs. Keep in mind they also lost Jarret Johnson, who manned the other OLB spot in Baltimore. So next season, one of the most feared defenses in the NFL will feature Courtney Upshaw and Sergio Kindle rushing from the outside?!? I wouldn't exactly call that 'prophetic' by Ozzie.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
texandominance wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
texandominance wrote:

All over ESPN now:

It was already a need for Baltimore before the injury to Suggs. Keep in mind they also lost Jarret Johnson, who manned the other OLB spot in Baltimore. So next season, one of the most feared defenses in the NFL will feature Courtney Upshaw and Sergio Kindle rushing from the outside?!? I wouldn't exactly call that 'prophetic' by Ozzie.

I guess the question becomes which was a bigger need prior to the injury; C/G where Matt Birk is aging and Ben Grubbs is gone, or OLB, where Jarret Johnson is gone. Going into the draft, I had Konz to the Ravens as a lock, so it was interesting to see them go with Upshaw, even with Konz on board...

BTW - How is the baby planning? You and your wife are expecting, correct? Or am I thinking of someone else? I know Blaze is expecting...so same Q for Blaze: How is the baby planning coming along?

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
texansfan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

BTW - How is the baby planning? You and your wife are expecting, correct? Or am I thinking of someone else? I know Blaze is expecting...so same Q for Blaze: How is the baby planning coming along?

I think both of us are in the same boat. Things are coming along well. My wife and I are due in mid-October, so we are a little over 5-months away from having the baby arrive. My wife has been doing well, but she is struggling with starting to gain weight. She has always worked very hard to stay in great shape, and the fact that she is starting to get bigger and can't exercise as hard as she is used to, has been tough.

We bought our first baby-mobile the other day. We have both driven two-door coupes for the last few years, so we bought an SUV and I am in the midst of selling off my car. It is a nice change for us and we are pretty excited. She is constantly in baby-mode for shopping, which is trouble for me. She brings home little gender-neutral outfits (we are going to be surprised about the gender) and stashes them away in the baby's room. Of course there is additional work in that room as I have to get it ready for baby's arrival. So that means painting and setting things up according to my dear wife's wishes.

But yeah, things are going really well. We have had an ultrasound and have been able to listen to baby's heartbeat. Thus far everything has been great, so we are just hoping and praying for a happy and healthy baby.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
texansfan wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
texandominance wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
texandominance wrote:

All over ESPN now:

I guess the question becomes which was a bigger need prior to the injury; C/G where Matt Birk is aging and Ben Grubbs is gone, or OLB, where Jarret Johnson is gone. Going into the draft, I had Konz to the Ravens as a lock, so it was interesting to see them go with Upshaw, even with Konz on board...

were trying but not expecting, tried clomid a few months with no luck, now were trying femara, fingers crossed as this is the first month on this medication
texansfan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
texansfan wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
texandominance wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
texandominance wrote:

All over ESPN now:

were trying but not expecting, tried clomid a few months with no luck, now were trying femara, fingers crossed as this is the first month on this medication

Good luck, Ax2. All the best to you and your wife.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming up on my last year of college, I received a huge evaluation/recommendation for one of my professors. She wants me to go to graduate school and get my masters in educational leadership to become a principal down the road. It just sucks, cause you have to teacher for 2-5 years before you can get into any program then go back to school, but I think i'm going to pursue it!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Coming up on my last year of college, I received a huge evaluation/recommendation for one of my professors. She wants me to go to graduate school and get my masters in educational leadership to become a principal down the road. It just sucks, cause you have to teacher for 2-5 years before you can get into any program then go back to school, but I think i'm going to pursue it!

I've thought more and more about being a teacher. Besides not paying very well, I think it would be one of the more enjoyable jobs that there is.

Also been thinking more and more about the military lately. Which is weird, because teaching and the army are two things I never considered in high school.

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I've thought more and more about being a teacher. Besides not paying very well, I think it would be one of the more enjoyable jobs that there is.

Also been thinking more and more about the military lately. Which is weird, because teaching and the army are two things I never considered in high school.

Agreed I never thought I'd be in the coaching/teaching field but I've grown to love and and ya the money's not great, but if I were to go to graduate school and become a principal id make a considerable amount more which is always nice Laughing

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Agreed I never thought I'd be in the coaching/teaching field but I've grown to love and and ya the money's not great, but if I were to go to graduate school and become a principal id make a considerable amount more which is always nice Laughing

Yeah. About half my family works in education (including my mom), and almost all of them have told me to get as far away from teaching as possible. But as I've gotten closer to going out into the real world, I've begun to care less and less about the money.

I'm helping to coach my high school's football team this summer, so that'll be interesting. I have a good relationship with a lot of the guys because I either played with them or they're in my little sister's class. It also doesn't hurt that they think I'm some kind of messiah since I play college football, haha.

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Ya money's great in all but you can find ways to live comfortably with 40k a year

Ha nice yeah that's how we used to get when NFL players used to come back to visit, I went to Humble which is about 20 min north of Houston and we had Bertrand Berry, David Boston, David Givens, Jackie Battle to name a few come visit during our off-season program quite often

Yeah. About half my family works in education (including my mom), and almost all of them have told me to get as far away from teaching as possible. But as I've gotten closer to going out into the real world, I've begun to care less and less about the money.

I'm helping to coach my high school's football team this summer, so that'll be interesting. I have a good relationship with a lot of the guys because I either played with them or they're in my little sister's class. It also doesn't hurt that they think I'm some kind of messiah since I play college football, haha.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What car does everyone on here drive? I'm not a huge car guy, but I can't recall anyone on here posting about their rides.

I drive a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, completely stock. No modifications whatsoever besides a Davidson license plate on the front and a bunch of outdoors company sticker on the cargo hold windows. As functional as cars get, and I'll drive it until the wheels fall off (hoping to get about 100k more miles out of it, I'm sitting at 95k right now and keep it well maintained.)

I just bought a 1979 Plymouth Trailduster, though. It'll be my project for the summer. Doesn't run (although it won't take much to get it running, just needs fluids changed, battery, and an air cleaner) and needs new seats, floor panels, and bodywork around the rear tires. Hoping to get it running well by mid-June, and do the bodywork and lift it before the end of the summer. Then next summer, my brother and I will rebuild the engine and turn it into a true monster.

Sig by matthouston91

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 4 of 99

Jump to: