You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VII!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had the foresight to make a new sig while I still had free access to Photoshop and Illustrator through school

Sig by matthouston91
LORK 88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
I wish I had the foresight to make a new sig while I still had free access to Photoshop and Illustrator through school

DL the free 30 day trial. Once the 30 days is up, you can open the program once more. Just never close it out and you can extend well beyond that.
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shep0507 wrote:
texandominance wrote:

What type of plane are you doing your training in?

Cessna 172. The place I'm learning has 3, 2have the G1000 and the other has analog gauges. I actually prefer the gauges, but the G1000 planes are available more often.

I've only flown with glass but I do like it. All our planes have the G1000 but the jet is going to have something different (still Garmin though). Our flyign club has a SR20 and a SR22. Both are really nice planes and I'm lucky to be able to fly them.
shep0507

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
shep0507 wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Cessna 172. The place I'm learning has 3, 2have the G1000 and the other has analog gauges. I actually prefer the gauges, but the G1000 planes are available more often.

I've only flown with glass but I do like it. All our planes have the G1000 but the jet is going to have something different (still Garmin though). Our flyign club has a SR20 and a SR22. Both are really nice planes and I'm lucky to be able to fly them.

I imagine you would have access to those planes since they're built in your backyard. Very Happy I "grew up" on analog dashes in maintenance so I'm comfortable with them, but I've been working on glass systems for 7 or 8 years now so it's not foreign to me either. I just like being able to do a sweep and get back outside. I imagine with practice I'll be able to learn a sweep on the glass too.

I am curious, what type of program are you in? Is it a corporate type program that trains you from scratch? I was always curious about those type programs and how they work.
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shep0507 wrote:
texandominance wrote:
shep0507 wrote:
texandominance wrote:

I imagine you would have access to those planes since they're built in your backyard. :D I "grew up" on analog dashes in maintenance so I'm comfortable with them, but I've been working on glass systems for 7 or 8 years now so it's not foreign to me either. I just like being able to do a sweep and get back outside. I imagine with practice I'll be able to learn a sweep on the glass too.

I am curious, what type of program are you in? Is it a corporate type program that trains you from scratch? I was always curious about those type programs and how they work.

We have an company sponsored flight club. We have a 2010 SR20 and a 2011 SR22 (both with G1000). Our Flight Ops department has first dibs on the planes if they need them for customer training, otherwise, we can rent them out whenever. Any of the flight Ops pilots can instruct for the club, if they want, but there are really 3 instructors that teach. One is dedicated to the flight club. Our training is more intense than most, because they are company owned planes and we work for the company, but having more training is never a bad thing. I did all my ground study on my own, but they offer a ground school twice a year for all members.

Every two weeks we have $5 taken out of our paychecks for membership dues. The flight club is open to any employee or their family members, which is really nice. I won't say what our rental rates are, but I have never seen a cheaper flight club.

The company really promotes flying and wants you to acquire the skills, so they give us everything possible we need to succeed.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
i need a new sig, anyone have a good one just laying around?

of anyone in particular?

not really, Andre is probably my favorite player, but who knows if he will be with us next season lol

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Singleton called up for the Stros!!!!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
Cole416

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone on NFL Comparisons forum is saying that 'Dre doesn't have the ball skills to be a red zone threat... They didn't watch many Texans games then...

In other news, Singleton gonna be a strikeout machine but he'll produce some big HR numbers.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just took a job in Wenatchee National Forest in Washington. It's not permanent, but it's a great field opportunity in a beautiful place.

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Just took a job in Wenatchee National Forest in Washington. It's not permanent, but it's a great field opportunity in a beautiful place.

What's your degree in?

Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:

That's a fantastic area. Been through there once. My goodness is it beautiful.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Grasspike wrote:

What's your degree in?

Majored in Environmental Studies, minored in Econ.

Sig by matthouston91
Clutch5000

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sup guys

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy fathers day to all the fathers in Texans nation, especially you, Ax2 since it's your first!

amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Happy fathers day to all the fathers in Texans nation, especially you, Ax2 since it's your first!

Thanks man! And I agree, happy fathers day to all you dads out there.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 98 of 99

Jump to: