You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VII!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
The cold will be tough to get used to, especially since my job would call for lots of outdoor activity. That said, I don't think the summer will be too bad (whatever summer there is, haha). td, I'll definitely have to hit you up if I get the job. I'll have a super short time frame to get there, find a place to live, and start my adult life.

If you do let me know. A lot of leases start in June so it might be difficult, but my roommate and I have a large living room that we don't ever use, so if you needed a place to crash for some period of time, you'd be welcome to stay here. We have an intern moving in with us for a week or so till he finds a place.

If you do get a job here and are looking for a place, I can ask around and see if I can help you find a place as well

They say that it's hard to get people to move to Minnesota, but once you get them here, it's harder to get them to leave. I love it here, you get used to the cold pretty fast, but it makes you really enjoy your warm time. These last few weeks I've left work at 5 and gotten home past 9 every day because I was running/softball/soccer/football/tennis/biking with people. It's a great outdoors community and if you like being outside and anything active, you'll love it here.

If I do end up in Duluth, I'll definitely hit you up. It'll be another month at least before I hear back about anything, but I'm definitely planning on spending some time in this region in the next few years.

Sig by matthouston91
Cole416

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else getting the rain I am? That stuff is crazy! Flash Flood warning till 1:10 tomorrow.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cole416 wrote:
Anyone else getting the rain I am? That stuff is crazy! Flash Flood warning till 1:10 tomorrow.

All over south Texas! Which is great, cause we needed it. I saw some pics of the frio and it's flooded! Glad we went last weekend, and not this weekend!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
Clutch5000

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. In TAST we're playing mafia and could use some more players.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=549321&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

Mafia beginners guide:

http://cataldo.freeshell.org/mafia/mafiascum04.swf
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need a new sig, anyone have a good one just laying around?

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
LORK 88

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

of anyone in particular?
shep0507

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

of anyone in particular?

LORK, I requested a sig from someone back before the draft but never heard back. If you had time and didn't mind could you make one? I was hoping for something that was half Texans/half Duke football and an av to go with it. I wish I knew how to do it myself but I have no clue.
texandominance

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my first two solo flights this week. I should hopefully be less than a month from getting my license. Pretty exciting stuff!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Had my first two solo flights this week. I should hopefully be less than a month from getting my license. Pretty exciting stuff!

On a scale of 1-10, how nervous were you?

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
texandominance

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

0. I really don't get nervous for much and I knew that I was ready. I had way more experience than most when they solo. It was a really awesome experience and I just did what I was trained to do. If I were to be at a flying school I probably would have soloed a good 10 hours less than I did, but because I was in a company owned plane, they require us to have way more training to solo (as you can imagine a student crashing a company plane would create a PR nightmare).

I went up, did 3 TOs and landings and came back in. The next morning i was a bit surprised when I came to work and my instructor signed my logbook and said "now go somewhere away from the airport and dont come back for an hour." That was a bit scary but amazing. Having that freedom is like driving a car for the first time but x10!

Now the shameless plug for our company and a few pictures my instructor took
https://www.facebook.com/cirrusaircraft/posts/10152212890350892
shep0507

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

0. I really don't get nervous for much and I knew that I was ready. I had way more experience than most when they solo. It was a really awesome experience and I just did what I was trained to do. If I were to be at a flying school I probably would have soloed a good 10 hours less than I did, but because I was in a company owned plane, they require us to have way more training to solo (as you can imagine a student crashing a company plane would create a PR nightmare).

I went up, did 3 TOs and landings and came back in. The next morning i was a bit surprised when I came to work and my instructor signed my logbook and said "now go somewhere away from the airport and dont come back for an hour." That was a bit scary but amazing. Having that freedom is like driving a car for the first time but x10!

That's cool. I was surprised to see talk about flying on here. I just started my private and will be on my 4th lesson on Monday. I landed the plane for the first time last week. (It was really ugly too)
texandominance

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shep0507 wrote:
texandominance wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:

That's cool. I was surprised to see talk about flying on here. I just started my private and will be on my 4th lesson on Monday. I landed the plane for the first time last week. (It was really ugly too)

Nice! I started back in January and had months where I couldnt fly because of weather and Mx. I finally started flying again a month ago and soloed! I'm right around 30 hours right now, just got my high performance sign-off and should hopefully have my license sometime in June.

It's a long process but really fun. Landings will never be easy. I'm sitting at 70+ landings and none are easy. Just remember, you always have the option to go around. If I come in, level off and flair, and I don't touch down, it's full throttle and we're trying that one again.

My advice for you is to get the written out of the way ASAP. Take a month, read a text book and take a bunch of practice tests. Once you pass it, all you have to focus on is flying and having that base knowledge will make you a much better pilot.

What type of plane are you doing your training in?
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lork, that Rosencopter sig would be sick..
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
shep0507

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:

What type of plane are you doing your training in?

Cessna 172. The place I'm learning has 3, 2have the G1000 and the other has analog gauges. I actually prefer the gauges, but the G1000 planes are available more often.
LORK 88

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Lork, that Rosencopter sig would be sick..

So it's not on my old laptop. If I can find my old hard drive from 2 laptops ago and the cord needed to connect it, we might be in business. I still would need to find where I put it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

Jump to: