Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Team Need Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Did I get most of these right?
Team Needs:
AFC East:
Buffalo WR, RT, TE, OLB, CB, NT

Buffalo's #1 need is quarterback. They do not need a nose tackle, they are going with the 4-3 and have Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus set as the defensive tackle starters. I would rank Buffalo's needs as:

1. QB
2. WR
3. SLB
4. OT
5. CB
6. DE
I would rank them like this...

1. SLB
2. WR
3. CB
4. QB
5. FS
6. MLB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions needs:

1- CB Houston and Bentley are good but a #1 would help a ton
2- RG Peterman sucks
3- S Spievey hasn't stepped up and Delmas can't stay healthy
4- C Raiola sucks and is old
5- K Hanson can't play forever
6- DE if we get rid of Avril
7- RT if Cherilus doesn't step up
8- OLB if Durante or Levy walk
9- RB if Best cant play and Leshoure can't bounce back from injury
10- FB if we decide to use a FB
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me update it now that week 1 is upon us.

I have the Vikes positional starters broken down in four groups.

Group 1: Proven/Immediate-Term Starter

RB Adrian Peterson
WR Percy Harvin
TE 2 John Carlson
LE Brian Robison
RE Jared Allen
SLB Chad Greenway

Group 2: Young/Unproven Starter with Upside

*Upside = 1st, 2nd or 3rd rd pick from the 2010, 2011, and 2012 draft*

Basically, these are positions that arent likely to be replaced in 2013, barring a drastic overhaul.

QB Christian Ponder
TE 1 Kyle Rudolph
LT Matt Kalil
WLB Erin Henderson (included Erin since he has been a solid to good starter in his first year starting)
LCB Chris Cook
RCB Josh Robinson
S Harrison Smith

Group 3: Unproven/Easily Replaceable Starter

WR Jerome Simpson
RG Brandon Fusco
RT Phil Loadholt
NT Letroy Guion
MLB Jasper Brinkley
S Mistral Raymond

Group 4: Immediate Needs

WR Michael Jenkins
LG Charlie Johnson
UT Kevin Williams
NCB Antoine Winfield

With this grouping of players, I will assume that Group 1 and Group 2 will remain in place in the immediate time frame. No matter how you feel about those starters, it probably makes little difference since they are likely assured a starting spot in 2013 given that they are early selections. There is an exception though with Erin Henderson, he is an unrestricted free agent, so there is no certainty that he returns. Therefore WLB could be a need, but for now, I will assume he gets a long-term contract after the 2012 season.

Top 6 Needs for the Vikings in 2013.

1. DT - Could be an UT or a NT, or both. Really depends on how Letroy Guion plays at NT. Williams is old and in the last year of his deal, MN needs to find a young UT nevertheless.

2. WR - Percy Harvin atleast makes the group respectable. Simpson is playing under a 1 year contract is still a question mark and Jenkins is simply not a long-term starter. This is another big need for MN going forward, preferably for a classic #1 WR who has the speed to break a game open and the size and hands to be a reliable possession target.

3. MLB - I am not high on Jasper Brinkley and his contract expires next year. For the Vikes scheme, it would be ideal for the Vikes to add a MLB with great range who has the potential to be a great player in coverage.

4. OG - Charlie Johnson is just a stop gap at LG and Brandon Fusco is still a young player. I like Fusco a lot and I think he will be a solid starter in 2012. MN would like to find an upgrade to Johnson at LG if they could get one.

5. NCB - Antoine Winfield is 35 years old and MN really doesnt have an ideal NCB to replace him. Josh Robinson has worked exclusively as an outside CB, so that will be his likely role going forward. MN also has A.J. Jefferson who could possibly be looked as a replacement to Winfield. Nevertheless, it should be fairly important to add to the CB depth. An ideal nickel CB for MN would be someone who is compact, excellent in run support, physical and has great short area quickness. Robert Blanton, who was moved to Safety, could also be a wild card as a future NCB.

6. Safety - Harrison Smith is likely set into a starting role given his first round status. Opposite of him is Mistral Raymond, who I have faith in. If Raymond does fail as a starter, Safety should jump up on the list of needs. MN also has Robert Blanton, who could possibly be a surprise starter down the stretch as well.

Weakside OLB and/or Right Tackle - This is only a need if Erin Henderson/Phil Loadholt leave via free agency, which would indicate that they had a horrible year or were so good, they outpriced themselves out of the Vikes price range. WLB/RT is a position that could jump to #3 or #4. For now, I will leave this potential need on the bottom, it may not be a need at all if Henderson/Loadholt play well and are extended.
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rams need:

1. ol (lg and rt. maybe even lt)
2. s (fs and ss)
3. wr
4. olb (sam)
green24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Jets, OLB is the clear #1 need. It is a position that should be addressed in the first round.

Until two weeks ago, it seemed that RT would be at the top of the list. However, Austin Howard has been very impressive thus far. If he can continue this success, it will be huge for the Jets and will make RT no longer a need.

While RG Brandon Moore is declining for the Jets and could be gone by next season, 2010 2nd round pick Vladimir Ducasse should take over. He has improved a lot lately.

RB is a major weak spot for the Jets. Shonn Greene is unspectacular and lacks the burst that he displayed in the 2010 playoffs. Bilal Powell should get a chance to show if he is worthy of being a starting RB. He had a very solid ST.

Safety could be a position of need depending on whether LaRon Landry and/or Yeremiah Bell are re-signed and if Josh Bush (or Antonio Allen) show that they can handle a starting position.

TE Dustin Keller is a FA who should be brought back. Regardless, the addition of another TE would be beneficial to the team.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLB and S are needs for sure.

After that, can't go wrong with WR, ILB, RB, 3-4 DE, OG, TE and CB.

The rest of the season play and offseason will determine what secondar positions are actually needs.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans Need

1.OG/C- This is pretty obvious. Our interior line was a problem last year and continues to be so this year. Leroy Harris is awful and most likely won't be retained next year, so we'll need someone to fill into his spot.

2.DE- I think DE is a bigger need for us then some may think. It's not that our starting DE's are bad. In fact, Wimbley and Morgan has played very well through three games. It's just that we have no depth behind them(to be exact it's 7th rounder Scott Solomon and Pannel Egboh who has no career sacks). In today's pass oriented league, having multiple pass rushers is even more important. We need that extra pass rusher to help take pressure of Wimbley and Morgan.

3.DT- I like our DT group of Jurell Casey, Sen'Derrick Marks, Mike Martin, Karl Klug and even DaJohn Harris. However I'm not sure if any of them are starting DTs. We need a difference making DT. Also Marks is set to be a free agent so we may not re-sign him and even if we do retain him, he has been injury prone so far in his career.

4.S- I still believe that safety isn't as big of a need as most Titans fans feel. I think it's more of the scheme and being put in a bad position by Jerry Gray than anything else. However it' obvious that Michael Griffin has not played like the all-pro we thought he'd be after that 08 season. We have Markelle Martin on the PUP list so if he comes and performs well then this becomes even less of a need. This is something I'll keep an eye on as the season progresses.

5.RB- If CJ doesn't improve, then we may just cut him. He's making too much money to perform the way he has. If we do cut him, then I wouldn't be suprise if we draft a RB in the mid to later rounds. Add the fact that Javon Ringer is set to be a free agent next year and it becomes an even bigger need.

6.LB- We look set for the next 5-10 years at LB with Zach Brown, Colin McCarthy and Akeem Ayers. However, like our DEs, we don't have much depth behind them. Will Witherspoon will be a free agent and I doubt we'll retain him. We have to get some depth for our LB core.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals needs as of 9/26/2012:

1. LB - Take your pick, Burfict looks promising, but Maualuga has been terrible this year, Howard's contract is up and is out for the rest of the year this year, and Lawson is in a oneyear deal.

2. SS - Almost #1 as Taylor Mays and Jeromy Miles stink and Clements can't make the switch to SS from CB.

3. RB - The Law Firm is solid, but has has no wiggle. He should be the lesser half of a platoon

4. Backup DE - DE is mighty thin for the Bengals, but have a pairbof good starters in Dunlap and Johnson

5. Interior oline depth - Injuries have been a factor here, albeit Trevor Robinson does showsome future promise once he gets a little stronger.

6. CB - We just drafted Kirkpatrick, but Hall is still coming back from injury, and the depth is aging

7. Backup QB - Zac Robinson may answer, but Gradkowski is about done.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go, update time.
Colts Draft needs, in order
Positions we would take in early rounds -------------
1. OG- We need to get Luck protection. He has some of the best pocket presence in the NFL already, but we still can't have him scrambling so much. We need someone who can open us running lanes as well, no RB would be good with this awful run blocking OL.

2. SS- Zbikowsi is garbage, and it's making our CBs look bad. We need a new Bob Sanders. Hard hitter, sure tackler preferably.

3. 3-4 DE- Preferably one who excells at stopping the run but can generate pressure on the QB. This is subject to move around depending on how Nevis plays in Moala's absence.

4. 3-4 OLB- Freeney will be leaving this offseason, and we could use a replacement opposite Mathis.

Positions we would take in mid-later rounds. ------------
5. NT- We'll see how Chaoman performs. Wouldn't mind us using a mid round pick on this at all.

9. Nickel/depth CB- Powers and Davis are great, and Cassius Vaughn looked great against GB, but I doubt he keeps that up, we could use depth here. (Yes, this is our 9th need)

Positions we would only draft if they were great value. --------------
6. C- I gotta say it again, to protect Luck and open up holes in the run game. Could change if AQ Shipley continues his great play beyond last week. Shut down the Packer's interior.

7. RB- I don't see us taking a RB unless he is a great value pick in the mid (4th or later) rounds. It's our OL, not the backs.

8. #1 WR- Do not see us going WR either, we have plenty of depth, a good #2, a great young slot duo, and a stalwart in Wayne. We will look to get Reggie Wayne's well, Reggie Wayne.

10. RT- Justice has been great in pass pro.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennessee Titans Team Needs

1.) Pass-Rusher(Whether its a DE or a DT or both)
2.) Safeties(Both)
3.) DE Depth
4.) Center
5.) RG
6.) LB Depth
7.) LG
8.) CB
9.) RB
10.) RT
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacksonville Jaguars
1. Defensive End
2. Cornerback
3. Wide Receiver (Need true #1)
4. Offensive Tackle
5. Center
6. Outside Linebacker (2)
7. Guard
8. Safety

#JDI
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My early take on Vikings needs:

Tier 1:
DT - Looking more like an UT now than a NT.
WR - A big down the field option, they have small and shifty, they have explosive and inconsistent, and they have a good TE but they need someone who can go up for a jump ball and come down with it.
OG - Now, they didn't get pushed around every play, but Charlie Johnson and Brandon Fusco didn't do great in pass protection against the Cardinals, nor did Sullivan, but Sullivan is a good center without huge 3-4 NT's lined up over him. But LG in particular could really use an upgrade.

Tier 2:
S - Harrison Smith could make the pro-bowl in year one but who starts opposite him is still inconsistent and a question mark.
LB - This could either be ILB or OLB as both Brinkley and Henderson are free agents, this year I'd prefer to keep Brinkley over Henderson if I had to choose (or both ideally) but LB could be a need, and LB depth could be a need.
CB - Winfield could be done soon or not a Viking, even though he has been elite, we have some depth at the position, but a 3rd round nickel/dime CB (or later) is potentially a need.

Tier 3:
TE - We appear to have two TE's with Rudolph and Ellison, but we could add in a third and Carlson seems like a likely cap casualty after this year.
OT - Depth again, we have some, but Loadholt is a free agent, and with how he is playing this year he deserves a new contract, but we'll have to see what the Vikings do. RT, not LT, LT is locked away.
QB - Hard to peg right now, if Ponder regresses a lot at the end of the season, then QB could be a higher need. But right now maybe a flier on someone, otherwise pretty well set.

Not a Need:
K - Blair Walsh has been great.
P - Kluwe has been a bit inconsistent, but he's still a very good punter.
DE - Robison, Allen, and Griffin, this is maybe a late round need at best.
RB - Gerhart has had some fumbling issues, but he's a good back-up to Peterson and Peterson is back.

TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Titans Need

1.OG/C- This is pretty obvious. Our interior line was a problem last year and continues to be so this year. Leroy Harris is awful and most likely won't be retained next year, so we'll need someone to fill into his spot.

2.DE- I think DE is a bigger need for us then some may think. It's not that our starting DE's are bad. In fact, Wimbley and Morgan has played very well through three games. It's just that we have no depth behind them(to be exact it's 7th rounder Scott Solomon and Pannel Egboh who has no career sacks). In today's pass oriented league, having multiple pass rushers is even more important. We need that extra pass rusher to help take pressure of Wimbley and Morgan.

3.DT- I like our DT group of Jurell Casey, Sen'Derrick Marks, Mike Martin, Karl Klug and even DaJohn Harris. However I'm not sure if any of them are starting DTs. We need a difference making DT. Also Marks is set to be a free agent so we may not re-sign him and even if we do retain him, he has been injury prone so far in his career.

4.S- I still believe that safety isn't as big of a need as most Titans fans feel. I think it's more of the scheme and being put in a bad position by Jerry Gray than anything else. However it' obvious that Michael Griffin has not played like the all-pro we thought he'd be after that 08 season. We have Markelle Martin on the PUP list so if he comes and performs well then this becomes even less of a need. This is something I'll keep an eye on as the season progresses.

5.RB- If CJ doesn't improve, then we may just cut him. He's making too much money to perform the way he has. If we do cut him, then I wouldn't be suprise if we draft a RB in the mid to later rounds. Add the fact that Javon Ringer is set to be a free agent next year and it becomes an even bigger need.

6.LB- We look set for the next 5-10 years at LB with Zach Brown, Colin McCarthy and Akeem Ayers. However, like our DEs, we don't have much depth behind them. Will Witherspoon will be a free agent and I doubt we'll retain him. We have to get some depth for our LB core.

Week 8 Titans Need Update

1.DE-We have no depth at DE. Derrick Morgan is a quality all around DE but I don't know if he'll ever be an 8-10 sacks a season guy. Kamerion Wimbley was bought in to get to the QB but he only has 2.0 sacks this season. I think both guys would do much better if they were part of a 3-4 man DE rotation ala the NY Giants. Another quality DE would be great

2.DT-We have a nice DT core. However we need someone who can constantly collaspe the pocket. Albert Haynesworth did so much for our defense in 07 & 08. If we could somehow get a DT that can have half the impact Haynesworth had during that time then it'll help our whole defense.

2.S-Michael Griffin sucks. In fact all of our safeties have sucked. However, I still think the FO will be stubborn with sticking with Griffin. Jordan Babineaux is set to be a Free Agent and he hasn't played too well anyway. Robert Johnson hasn't really stood out at all either. We'll definitely need to address the S position this offseason. We need atleast a quality starter for us and I don't think we have one right now.

3.OG/C-Our interior line has improved as the season's progress. We still need to improve it though. Leroy Harris is below average. Fernando Velasco is a good back-up C/G but I don't think he's starting material. Steve Hutchinson looks old at times. Hopefully we'll finally address the interor line.

4.CB-I view our CB need the same as I saw the WR position this past offseason. WR wasn't the biggest need of the offseason but we drafted Kendall Wright anyway. I think we could easily do the same with the CB this upcoming offseason. Alterraun Verner could be a potential free agent in 2014 so I think that could be a factor. Also I think he'll be better as our nickel than on the outside. I wouldn't be suprise if we drafted a CB in the early rounds of the draft.

5.RB-Chris Johnson, like the o-line, has looked better as the season has progressed. I'm still cautious that he's truly back though. Even if he is, I think we'll bring in another RB. Javon Ringer suffered an injury and I don't think we'll keep him after this season. Jamie Harper only looks good on goal-line situations. We'll have to draft a RB who can challenge Harper for the back-up job and could potentially become our starter if CJ were to go back to struggling.

6.LB-We need LB depth. Plain and simple.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, our big priorities are fixing the pass defense. That means getting pass-rushers who can defend it fron the front and secondary players who are good in coverage.

Primary needs

DT (UT) with pass-rush
S
DE
CB

Secondary needs

O-line depth
WR
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks

#1 WR
If it's not a 1st round receiver we really don't need a WR. Sidney Rice is good, but he's at the point where he'd be better off as a #2. Golden Tate would be a great deep threat and Baldwin a great slot guy. That would really jump start the offense. Justin Hunter is a favorite of mine.

Pass Rushing LB
I'm talking Von Miller type. I know that's not easy to find. He would play either WLB or SLB, opposite Wright. Sean Porter of Texas A&M would be a solid pick. A guy that can play the run behind Red Bryant (not that hard) and consistently rush the passer from the 2-point.

Pass Rushing UT
We have two really good LEOs, a great NT, and a solid LDE, but we don't really have a guy that can rush the passer from the 1-gap. Jason Jones has been great at times, but not often enough. Alan Branch is good but can't rush the passer. A guy like Melton would be great. Sylvester Williams is a player I like.

Offensive Guard
Carpenter has actually looked great at LG since playing there and looks to have a spot on this team for the long haul. But RG has been a turnstile, with Moffit going down, to McQuisin sucking, to a UDFA DE starting at RG. It's been terrible. I wish we could get Jonathan Cooper.

RT
Breno Giacomini is just so stupid and gets penalized like twice a game. This year his play hasn't bee good enough to make up for it and he needs to go. A guy like Florida's Xavier Nixon would be perfect. I don't think he's good enough to play LT, but he's just athletic enough and strong enough for RT.

LDE
Red Bryant has been great, but he just brings nothing as far as pass rush. We need a guy like Watt or Calais who can stop the run and rush the passer. Greg Scruggs could develop to be that guy, but I'd rather have someone like Florida's Shariff Floyd play that position and generate more pressure.

Receiving TE
I really like Jordan Reed. Zach Miller just hasn't lived up to the hype as a receiver and we need a threat from that position. I'm not just saying this because the college, but Reed remind me a LOT of Aaron Hernandez. That is exactly the type of guy we need. He could go as late as the 3rd.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: