Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zephiel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Arkansas and Notre Dame thing is more circumstance than anything. You might be looking into it too deeply.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nozizaki wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
With Spielman's penchant to drafting players from Arkansas, does anyone think there's a strong chance that we draft Tyler Wilson?

Looking at where we are set to be picking, it looks like Wilson might be the best player on the board, and with the complete disaster that Ponder has become, this team needs to find a quarterback.

If we're drafting a QB, I'd like it to be Wilson or Landry Jones.

In my latest draft on here I have us taking Mosley only because I'm not sure the coaches will give up on Ponder yet, but if he is there I'M ALL FOR IT!!! I like Wilson a lot and he would have a far bigger impact than would Mosley.

As for Jones - NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Stay far, far away. Defenses in the Big 12 give up 40 and 50 points weekly so Jones should light up the score board - he doesn't. Also, the coaches pull him in the redzone - does that tell you anything about the coaches confidence in him?? He makes poor reads.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:
Nozizaki wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
With Spielman's penchant to drafting players from Arkansas, does anyone think there's a strong chance that we draft Tyler Wilson?

Looking at where we are set to be picking, it looks like Wilson might be the best player on the board, and with the complete disaster that Ponder has become, this team needs to find a quarterback.

If we're drafting a QB, I'd like it to be Wilson or Landry Jones.

In my latest draft on here I have us taking Mosley only because I'm not sure the coaches will give up on Ponder yet, but if he is there I'M ALL FOR IT!!! I like Wilson a lot and he would have a far bigger impact than would Mosley.

As for Jones - NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Stay far, far away. Defenses in the Big 12 give up 40 and 50 points weekly so Jones should light up the score board - he doesn't. Also, the coaches pull him in the redzone - does that tell you anything about the coaches confidence in him?? He makes poor reads.

I'm relativelly certain they do it because the backup QB, Blake Bell, is a beast in the running game and can QB dive it into the endzone a ridiculous amount of the time.

I mean we're talking drafting him in 3rd, and I think he can be a starting NFL QB. Plus, we can still have our 1st and 2nd round picks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
I think the Arkansas and Notre Dame thing is more circumstance than anything. You might be looking into it too deeply.

Yup
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Lattimore declared. How far does he have to fall before you consider him?
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
Marcus Lattimore declared. How far does he have to fall before you consider him?

On a team with a need for a RB, 3rd

for the Vikings, 5th
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

for the Vikings, 5th

I wouldnt even draft a RB like him. Peterson probably isnt going anywhere for 3-4 years at least. Give me a true scat back backing up Peterson and I think the Vikings would get more use out of him than they are currently with Gerhart. To me, Lattimore would basically have a role like Gerhart at best and Gerhart is essentially worthless to this team except for pass protection. Id rather use that 5th rd pick on a RB like Kenjon Barner
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the AP has come back from major knee surgery, it seems like an interesting way to get value. Potentially a first round player available in the middle rounds.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

for the Vikings, 5th

I wouldnt even draft a RB like him. Peterson probably isnt going anywhere for 3-4 years at least. Give me a true scat back backing up Peterson and I think the Vikings would get more use out of him than they are currently with Gerhart. To me, Lattimore would basically have a role like Gerhart at best and Gerhart is essentially worthless to this team except for pass protection. Id rather use that 5th rd pick on a RB like Kenjon Barner

I think Gerhart would excel somehwere like Pittsburgh. They like those big backs and that power running game. Give them a good north/south runner that can eat up some yards and get a decent draft pick or player in return.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft order if season ended today:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - 2-11 (.485 SOS)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - 2-11 (.550 SOS)
3. Oakland Raiders - 3-10 (.497 SOS)
4. Philadelphia Eagles - 4-9 (.497 SOS)
5. Carolina Panthers - 4-9 (.550 SOS)
6. Tennessee Titans - 4-9 (.550 SOS)
7. Detroit Lions - 4-9 (.556 SOS)
8. Arizona Cardinals - 4-9 (.565 SOS)
9. San Diego Chargers - 5-8 (.479 SOS)
10. Cleveland Browns - 5-8 (.485 SOS)
11. Buffalo Bills - 5-8 (.497 SOS)
12. Miami Dolphins - 5-8 (.527 SOS)
13. New Orleans Saints - 5-8 (.530 SOS)
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 6-7 (.456 SOS)
15. New York Jets - 6-7 (.544 SOS)
16. St. Louis Rams - 6-6-1 (.527 SOS)
17. Cincinnati Bengals - 7-6 (.444 SOS)
18. Minnesota Vikings - 7-6 (.488 SOS)
19. Dallas Cowboys - 7-6 (.527 SOS)
20. St. Louis Rams (via Washington Redskins) - 7-6 (.530 SOS)
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 looks like a great spot to draft John Jenkins, Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Alexander Ogletree, or Barrett Jones (though I'd be against taking a OG in the first).

or a QB

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
french t0ast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a man who doesn't follow college football, what are your guys' opinions on the top Wide Receivers? Are any of them worthy of the Vikings drafting in the mid-first round?

And Twitter combusts in a ball of flaming radioactive dark matter creating a infinite black hole.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

french t0ast wrote:
As a man who doesn't follow college football, what are your guys' opinions on the top Wide Receivers? Are any of them worthy of the Vikings drafting in the mid-first round?

I think Keenan Allen will be long gone, but Justin Hunter or Terrance Williams would be good picks.

I'm sure someone like Cordarelle Patterson will shoot up into the 1st round as well come Draft time.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

french t0ast wrote:

Both Keenan Allen and Justin Hunter will prove to be the real deal. Allen I don't think will be there but Justin Hunter should be there. I haven't come across any other reciever prospects I really like yet.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cordarelle is my favorite out of the bunch and he will be a first round pick after the combine and interview process.

Justin Hunter and Keenan Allen spent too much time in the slot and body catch too much or my liking. Terrance Williams also body catches quite a bit.

Cordarelle has all the tools of a number one, and the explosiveness to help in other areas. 10 touchdowns this year - 5 receiving, 3 rushing, and 2 return. He's a 6'3 version of Percy Harvin who can play the X position and did so almost exclusively with Tennessee this year.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 61 of 103

Jump to: