Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:

Here are the Senior Bowl WRs

WR Aaron Dobson-Marshall
WR Markus Wheaton-Oregon State
WR Quinton Patton-Louisiana Tech
WR Cobi Hamilton-Arkansas

We can probably expect for at least one of these guys to be on the team next year.

Perfect! I would be thrilled to have any of those 3 guys on the team. I haven't watched Dobson enough other than some highlights on youtube, but I do like the other 3. They would be excellent additions.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wide reciever class might be the deepest I've ever seen, and with our current joke of a wide reciever group Im to the point where I hope we take 2 in out first 3 picks.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
This wide reciever class might be the deepest I've ever seen, and with our current joke of a wide reciever group Im to the point where I hope we take 2 in out first 3 picks.

That would be a mistake.
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we can somehow trade for a bevy of extra picks, I agree. 2 WRs would be a mistake given the other needs on this team. WR is the biggest need, by a unfavorable margin, but this draft is set up really nicely for us from a needs perspective in that it is pretty deep at WR, DT, LB, and S

I'd say if Hunter or Allen is still on the board, pull the trigger (assuming Star is gone) and scoop up the best remaining DT-LB/S-LB/S in rds 2-3 and look at WR again with our 2nd pick in round if there is considerable talent.

Hunter-Short-Rambo-Hodges-Hamilton would be an amazing going into round 5 for us.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:

That would be poor in my opinion.
At most I would be willing to do is 1 WR in the top 3 rounds.
When you have AP + Harvin (plus Kyle) one more "top" option is all that is needed. 2 more would be overkill in a drafting point of view.

If we went 1 solid #3 guy in FA (realistic expectation here), + 1 WR (in the top 2 rounds) + Harvin, that would suffice me.

We need to use the draft picks smartly, and spread them out over the remaining defense (MLB, DT, S) or offense (Gs) given fair value is on the board.

Allen/Hunter are likely the only R1 WRs I would take (though I could still pass them over if there is another tremendous value on the board). This is because Im and fairly content with the R2 WRs that should be available.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the nature and depth of the upcoming draft at our positions of need (WR, G, DT) would it be judicious to package some of our middle-round picks to move up? What I mean is, would we be better off packaging some picks (say, both our 4ths) to gain an additional 3rd round pick for example?

After all, the bulk of the pro-bowlers are drafted in the first 2 rounds, so we might want to consider that when drafting/trading picks. A good potential trading partner might be NE, since they have only 1st, 2nd, 3rd and two 7th round picks. We might be able to trade our 3rd and 4th for their 2nd, for example.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I endorse the idea of not drafting a bunch of late round guys....this team is packed with young players, they need quality....but then I have always felt that way.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
I endorse the idea of not drafting a bunch of late round guys....this team is packed with young players, they need quality....but then I have always felt that way.

My sentiments exactly...you get so many players, competing for just a few roster spots, and many end up getting cut anyways. I'd just as soon pack our draft with 1st through 3rd round picks; that is where the talent tends to lie.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

My sentiments exactly...you get so many players, competing for just a few roster spots, and many end up getting cut anyways. I'd just as soon pack our draft with 1st through 3rd round picks; that is where the talent tends to lie.

I think 7-8 picks is pretty standard for most teams. I would keep it around that.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are any of the Baylor guys projected to go in the draft? They may give up some points, mainly because their offense averages 44.4 PPG, so they are bound to give up some, but they are a tough and scrappy group. No one individual sticks out to me, but they are a tough group so I was wondering if anyone had any insight on them?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:
Are any of the Baylor guys projected to go in the draft? They may give up some points, mainly because their offense averages 44.4 PPG, so they are bound to give up some, but they are a tough and scrappy group. No one individual sticks out to me, but they are a tough group so I was wondering if anyone had any insight on them?

Cyril Richardson is someone to keep an eye on and fills a need. Richardson is a former OT, who moved inside to OG. At 6-5 335 pounds, he would look like a natural fit at RG. Richardson was a LT in 2011, so he has a decent amount of athleticism. Richardson could be one of those players who gets lost in the great OG depth in this draft and could be available in round 3 or 4.

WR Terrance Williams is another player, I dont know a heck of a lot about him but he has the size/speed to probably find a spot in round 2 or possibly late round 1.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope Alec Ogletree passes all interviews with our FO with flying colors... This guy is going to be a stud in the NFL, especially on a defense like ours.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:
I sure hope Alec Ogletree passes all interviews with our FO with flying colors... This guy is going to be a stud in the NFL, especially on a defense like ours.

Its a great draft to be needing an athletic MLB. Ogletree, Brown, Mosley and Hodges (potentially)all look like good prospects.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Sloppy28 wrote:

Its a great draft to be needing an athletic MLB. Ogletree, Brown, Mosley and Hodges (potentially)all look like good prospects.

I agree. To be honest, I would not be upset in the slightest bit if we came away with any of those guys - I like them all for our defense. I'm going to be extremely upset though if we don't come away with one of those guys though. (Or Te'o if we are somehow picking top 10 and he falls that far)..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relates to college football, so I thought I'd post here.. Pretty funny, hope you all get just as good as a laugh as I did. Watch #7 in the background..

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/553/409/zordich_HurdleFail_original.gif?1348347604

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 56 of 103

Jump to: