Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I dont even think Arthur Brown has to put on much weight. If he can show up to the combine at 230 pounds, I would still draft him to play MLB. Weight isnt everything anymore, even in the 3-4 defense we are seeing those teams drafting lighter guys (Daryl Washington and Lawrence Timmons). Honestly, I think defenses are relying more on the front 4 to shut down the run to free the LBs and that is proabably becoming more essential with the abundance of short timing based offenses around the league.

Basically, if the LB can become less concerned with stopping the run because the front four will take care of it, the first priority can be stopping the pass and getting in deep drops. You can play your LBs deeper if you have a dominant Dline and athletic LBs who can run.

^^Agreed. Packers and Lions both throw the ball a ton, so we need LB's who can spread the field and cover more than run-stuffer LB's. I am not as worried about his weight, I still want him on this team.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought up Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor earlier in the year in this thread and he got no respect from some guys on here.. He now has 82 catches, 1518 yards, and 11 TD's on the year. Plain and simple, he can produce! And I've watched him play multiple times this year, he can spread the field.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Tennessee fired Derek Dooley, The big 3 are locks to declare now. There also a few impressive RS Sophomores and Juniors on the defensive side of the ball.

Anyone have more info on Daniel McCullers? He is intiguing on size alone, a DT listed at 6' 8", 360 lbs.

Daniel McCullers vs Georgia 2012

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant imagine a 6-8 DT being effective in terms of leverage. He looks like he could slim down some and be a big 5 tech. DE for a scheme that relies on its DEs occupying blockers.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeke Motta in the 4th or 5th round, opinions?
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:

Like him alot. he's alot like Harrison in terms of football IQ, always being in the right place, and willing to bring the wood...he is average in coverage and is not a playmaker, however
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:

He'll draw some light comparisons to Harrison Smith but he's leaning more on the tweener side. Zeke Motta is a former linebacker, after all. A highly touted and recruited one at that.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

He'll draw some light comparisons to Harrison Smith but he's leaning more on the tweener side. Zeke Motta is a former linebacker, after all. A highly touted and recruited one at that.

Draft him, bulk him up, and put him at linebacker.

Problem... solved?
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

Problem... solved?

Personally, I think that's the best route to go for any team intrigued by him. Zeke Motta's clearly a good football player, but you don't usually see the LB/S types really succeed at the NFL level. Thomas Davis of the Panthers is one example of a successful translation, but nobody is really going to argue Motta's a better athlete either. He's an interesting player, that's for sure. Keep in mind, Bob Diaco implemented a no-crease 3-4 defense in 2009 when Motta arrived in South Bend...a formation he'd have had no chance in. As a 4-3 weakside linebacker, hmmm.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this: 2011, San Francisco 49ers Draft

Aldon Smith - Leader in sacks for the the NFL after having 5.5 sacks against a porous Chicago line and 2 forced fumbles. Is considered to be one of the best young linebackers in the NFL.

Colin Kaepernick - Very efficient tonight going 16/23 with 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

Chris Culliver - DB, had a great evening. 1 forced fumble, 3 tackles.

Kendall Hunter - Had a quiet game with only 27 yards rushing but did scamper in for a score.

Also apparently Bruce Miller is important to them as well

All contributed to this monstrous win tonight over Chicago. That's pretty impressive.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

Problem... solved?

I like the idea of that but do you not think he is better than Sanford, Raymond, or Blanton? I think he would have a good chance of starting ahead of them.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

Problem... solved?

I like the idea of that but do you not think he is better than Sanford, Raymond, or Blanton? I think he would have a good chance of starting ahead of them.

The better route would be to take a natural cover safety. The differentiation between FS and SS isn't as palpable as it once was. At the end of the day, all defensive backs have to cover. Zeke Motta isn't Harrison Smith in that regard, and he has sub-par ball skills for an NFL-caliber saftey. I'd project him to be an NFL linebacker in most defensive fronts - particularly base 4-3's.

This is a rather deep safety class and could be bordering on stacked if the expected amount of underclassmen declare eligible.

--Joe Paterno.
calipurple

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

Problem... solved?

Personally, I think that's the best route to go for any team intrigued by him. Zeke Motta's clearly a good football player, but you don't usually see the LB/S types really succeed at the NFL level. Thomas Davis of the Panthers is one example of a successful translation, but nobody is really going to argue Motta's a better athlete either. He's an interesting player, that's for sure. Keep in mind, Bob Diaco implemented a no-crease 3-4 defense in 2009 when Motta arrived in South Bend...a formation he'd have had no chance in. As a 4-3 weakside linebacker, hmmm.

Brian Urlacher as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
Look at this: 2011, San Francisco 49ers Draft

Aldon Smith - Leader in sacks for the the NFL after having 5.5 sacks against a porous Chicago line and 2 forced fumbles. Is considered to be one of the best young linebackers in the NFL.

Colin Kaepernick - Very efficient tonight going 16/23 with 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

Chris Culliver - DB, had a great evening. 1 forced fumble, 3 tackles.

Kendall Hunter - Had a quiet game with only 27 yards rushing but did scamper in for a score.

Also apparently Bruce Miller is important to them as well

All contributed to this monstrous win tonight over Chicago. That's pretty impressive.

Nevermind, Chris Culliver has actually been one of the league's best cornerbacks. He's been highly efficient when thrown at and has allowed very little in the way of yardage or touchdowns.

calipurple wrote:
Brian Urlacher as well.

Well, sort of. Urlacher was never a true safety. He was considered a "Lobo-back" while at NM State and played more of a hybrid role when he was having his real success in the team's 3-3-5. I personally wouldn't call Brian Urlacher a college safety; Dennis Franchione initially converted him to linebacker so he played the position for some time before taking on the hybrid role. Kind of funny to think Bronco Mendenhall had so much to do with his development. Thomas Davis on the other hand was actually drafted as a safety.

--Joe Paterno.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been getting more and more on the CJ Mosley bandwagon lately. If Ogletree's character issues scare the FO away (or if he's not available at our pick like Te'o), I'd have no problem taking him 20+ in the first, and I'd be upset if we passed on him in the 2nd.

He has good size at 6'2" and 230+ pounds, he's a tremendous athlete, is elite in coverage, and he has very good read and react instincts in run D.

Mosley vs Tennessee 2012:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMsooDAzafc

Mosley vs Missouri 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvodZ06OXk8

Mosley vs Michigan 2012
[img]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_x6XzULT_I[/img]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 51 of 103

Jump to: