Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AP_ALL_DAY_28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're playing Army on ESPN right now, he has 1 REC for a TD.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
Never heard of Brandon Coleman, but he seems like a gear prospect.

I'm pretty sure Rutgers plays on ESPN this morning, I'm going to watch out for him & Jefferson.

As of now what round is Coleman projected to go?

EDIT:
Just watched the 2 youtube videos, WOW, I want that guy on the Vikes.

As of now, top of the 2nd round because he is raw. But, based off of his measurables and his upside, he will likely fight Keenan Allen to be the first WR off the board in that 6-12 range. Similar to Michael Floyd last year.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Based off of his measurables and his upside, he will likely fight Keenan Allen to be the first WR off the board in that 6-12 range. Similar to Michael Floyd last year.

I wouldn't go that far. Lack of production against weak competition will hurt him.

IF he declares and has a huge combine he could sneak up into the first round, but right now I don't think he challenges any of the big names.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
Based off of his measurables and his upside, he will likely fight Keenan Allen to be the first WR off the board in that 6-12 range. Similar to Michael Floyd last year.

I wouldn't go that far. Lack of production against weak competition will hurt him.

IF he declares and has a huge combine he could sneak up into the first round, but right now I don't think he challenges any of the big names.

I still think Keenan Allen will be #1, but Coleman is much smoother than Hunter in every area from route running to catching. He is also way more polished than Stephen Hill from a year ago and he went top of the 2nd round just off of measurables.

Ultimately, I believe he will cement himself as the #2 or #3 guy and go somewhere inside the Top 25.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all of the good 6'3"+ WRs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year (Coleman is yet another good example of them), I'd really prefer it if we completely skip out on WR in the 1st this year, even if we are in position to get a Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter.

Going either MLB or NT in the first, MLB or NT in the 2nd (whichever we didn't draft in the 1st), and WR in the 3rd seems like it would be the best way to maximize our draft.

Something like:

1st - Te'O or Ogletree; Star or Hankins or Jenkins

2nd - Jesse Williams; Arthur Brown or Mosley or Minter

3rd - Da'Rick Rogers or Marcus Davis or Coleman

4-6 - OG, CB, S

and then in free agency look at UT and a veteran WR (Jennings?)
Freakout

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone besides me just not that high on Jesse Williams? Maybe as a 3-4 LDE but he offers virtually no quarterback pressure.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
Anyone besides me just not that high on Jesse Williams? Maybe as a 3-4 LDE but he offers virtually no quarterback pressure.

As a NT to replace Guion, that would be fine. Though I probably wouldn spent a first round pick on a run stuffing NT. The Vikes really need to add one of each kind of DT. Guion isnt any good and Williams is aging, if he resigns.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:

Very Happy

A few minutes after you wrote this, Williams got a sack on Manziel.
Zephiel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you guys needed any more reason to not like Marquess Wilson.

Quote:
Former Tulare Union star Marquess Wilson announced Saturday that he is leaving the Washington State football program.

Washington State coach Mike Leach suspended Wilson from the team indefinitely on Wednesday for violating an unspecified team rule. It was reported that Wilson walked out of a conditioning session Sunday night following a 49-6 loss to Utah on Nov. 3.

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/article/20121110/NEWS/311100029/Marquess-Wilson-leaves-Washington-State-football-team?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|Frontpage
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
In case you guys needed any more reason to not like Marquess Wilson.

I was never much of a fan of Wilson anyway. If you're going to be that thin at his height, then you better have elite quickness and separation ability, and he didn't.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
Never heard of Brandon Coleman, but he seems like a gear prospect.

I'm pretty sure Rutgers plays on ESPN this morning, I'm going to watch out for him & Jefferson.

As of now what round is Coleman projected to go?

EDIT:
Just watched the 2 youtube videos, WOW, I want that guy on the Vikes.

As of now, top of the 2nd round because he is raw. But, based off of his measurables and his upside, he will likely fight Keenan Allen to be the first WR off the board in that 6-12 range. Similar to Michael Floyd last year.

Had never heard of Coleman until about a week or 2 ago when I was reading a mock draft and they had him going in the top 10... So, naturally, I found as much film on him as I could. He is definitely raw, but his measurables are extremely favorable. He really hasn't been all that productive as far as first round grade goes, but like all freak athletes, I am sure he will have a big jump in his grade come combine time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:

Not a fan of Williams at all really.... I think he is just a product of the Bama system and will be an average NFL player at best, but not worth a first round pick at all..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:

Want nothing to do with him, he's over rated.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz5G1KL1Ho4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLKS1dMAQMQ

One prospect getting hot is Rutgers WR Brandon Coleman. Just a RS Sophomore, possesses a 6'5, 220 pound frame with legit 4.45 speed. Physically he is similar to Calvin Johnson. Hes a match-up terror against pretty much any cornerback due to his height and reach, but he can also get downfield and create separation. Apart from the obvious physical advantages, hes a natural hands catcher. Nothing is coming into his chest, hes reaching out and plucking the ball from the air. He has game breaking ability with Calvin Johnson potential IMO and is just what the Vikings need at WR. He needs to get more physical attacking the jump balls to become more effective. Again, Coleman is only a RS sophomore. However his physical skill set combined with a weak draft class could convince him to come out early, similar to Michael Brockers a year ago.

Sold!

Draft someone like Te'o or aDT with our own 1st, and trade back up using our extra 4th to get this kid. If he doesn't go in the 1st, he'll be one of the first off the board on day two.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Marquess Wilson left because the new regime of coaches are abusive. Something could be up (It is Mike Leach)

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 48 of 103

Jump to: