Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
TJ McDonald just makes too much sense not to end up on this team. He fits the mold of a Rick Spielman draft pick.

1. successful college program
2. productive player
3. team captain
4. NFL pedigree
5. would make rpm happy

I would welcome him with open arms Very Happy
I also think he is one of Rick's perfect fit type of guys. But then again, so is Te'o, so we can't ever count that pick out, regardless if we as fans think that a MLB should be taken later in the draft.

I like the trade back into the first round and take both route that was discussed earlier.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a pretty big trade to go from the bottom of the 2nd into the 1st again... will need to give up a future 1st
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
that is a pretty big trade to go from the bottom of the 2nd into the 1st again... will need to give up a future 1st

Yep, MN should be picking around 46-50 in the 2nd round this year. To get in that 25-30 range is going to take A LOT.

Not even sure I see a use in taking Te'O assuming Brinkley is resigned. I think Brinkley is just fine at MLB.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
[UMN] wrote:

Yep, MN should be picking around 46-50 in the 2nd round this year. To get in that 25-30 range is going to take A LOT.

Not even sure I see a use in taking Te'O assuming Brinkley is resigned. I think Brinkley is just fine at MLB.

I was thinking more in the 52-64 range... Wink
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
[UMN] wrote:

I was thinking more in the 52-64 range... Wink

Well, I think the Saints and Browns forfeit 2nd round picks next year, so 62 sounds good Wink
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was being facetious just because it would be us replicating a Trojan/Irish first round again.

Between Te'o and McDonald I think, given our division, McDonald makes more sense. I also believe he's more likely to be around.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I was being facetious just because it would be us replicating a Trojan/Irish first round again.

Between Te'o and McDonald I think, given our division, McDonald makes more sense. I also believe he's more likely to be around.

I would be very happy with McDonald in round 1. The Safety spot is integral for a defense, and we are seeing that with how well Harrison Smith has played.

I like the idea of going with a DB in round 1. After the past decade of getting generally poor DB play, is exciting thinking about the prospects of a stacked and young secondary.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been contemplating if Chris Cook could be a candidate to move to the nickel spot if a talented CB falls to MN in round 1. Or perhaps Xavier Rhodes could play nickel CB and some Safety.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Or perhaps Xavier Rhodes could play nickel CB and some Safety.

See this is something that I am thinking of as well.

Chris Cook has done a formidable job at outside CB.
I would want him to stay there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

You could say the same with Robinson as well. No reason to move Robinson inside at this point.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

You could say the same with Robinson as well. No reason to move Robinson inside at this point.

Robinson is doing a nice job. I dont really "love" the idea of moving young players to new positions after they have started to adapt and make positive progress. I feel its a potential set-back that is not needed.

If I'm thinking of Rhodes its for a combination of Nickle CB, Safety, and backup outside CB.

If they rather go with a "pure" starting safety, Im leaning towards Tony Jefferson or Kenny Vaccaro (R2)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Robinson is doing a nice job. I dont really "love" the idea of moving young players to new positions after they have started to adapt and make positive progress. I feel its a potential set-back that is not needed.

If I'm thinking of Rhodes its for a combination of Nickle CB, Safety, and backup outside CB.

If they rather go with a "pure" starting safety, Im leaning towards Tony Jefferson or Kenny Vaccaro (R2)

At first, i wasnt a fan of drafting a nickel CB in round 1 but when you consider the division the Vikes play in and how evenly the 3rd LB and 3rd CB play, it wouldn be a terrible move. A player like Rhodes would give the Vikes a strong nickel CB who can play the run well, like Winfield has.I think that is key. If your going to play a lot of nickel you must have a nickel CB who can act as a LB in run support. I think Rhodes can do that.

I would be pleased if MN took Rhodes, they would be three deep at CB and be loaded with young talent.

While WR and DT are arguably bigger needs than nickel CB, I am not sure that necessarily means I take a DT or WR first. Rhodes might be a more immediate impact player, especially if Winfield retires.

If Winfield does return for another year (he is signed through 2013), I see little point in drafting a nickel CB early.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Vikings are picking in the bottom half of 1st, they will be in a good position to take whoever falls. Doesn't matter if it is a WR, CB, DT, S or G, any of those would be an upgrade. I would rather get the BPA than reach for the biggest need.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

At first, i wasnt a fan of drafting a nickel CB in round 1 but when you consider the division the Vikes play in and how evenly the 3rd LB and 3rd CB play, it wouldn be a terrible move. A player like Rhodes would give the Vikes a strong nickel CB who can play the run well, like Winfield has.I think that is key. If your going to play a lot of nickel you must have a nickel CB who can act as a LB in run support. I think Rhodes can do that.

I would be pleased if MN took Rhodes, they would be three deep at CB and be loaded with young talent.

While WR and DT are arguably bigger needs than nickel CB, I am not sure that necessarily means I take a DT or WR first. Rhodes might be a more immediate impact player, especially if Winfield retires.

If Winfield does return for another year (he is signed through 2013), I see little point in drafting a nickel CB early.

I agree, if Winfield returns for another year, and he continues his strong play for the remaining of the season (yes, his play has been great), then I prefer to leave the CB position out of consideration early.

If Winfield retires, we should look to replace him, and mould a talented prospect if the value is there with the pick. In this regard, we likely wont be "improving" the team with the pick since at best we'd just be replenishing a peice that departed.

Whoever is selected in the 1st round, needs to be a 3 down player.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Justin Hunter or Keenan Allen are not available than I think they should draft Kawann Short or John Jenkins.

Than in the 2nd draft TJ McDonald, Kenny Vaccaro, Tony Jefferson.

And finally instead of trading back up into the 1st like others have brought up they should trade up into the 2nd and take Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Marquess Wilson, Cordarrelle Patterson, Cobi Hamilton, DeAndre Hopkins.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 30 of 103

Jump to: