Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised Dobson's hands are so small with how velcro like they are. That's concerning but not a deal breaker.

Same goes for Markus Wheaton
Freakout

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Fluker's measurement might actually help him. He is only 6'5 but with 36 inch arms. Though 355 lbs is way to big.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple notes I got just from looking at measurments

Terrance Williams is not as big as I expected. Granted, the difference between 6'1 7/8 and 6'3 isnt all that large, but 6'1 203 is not very standout. He's gonna have to run really well and show he can seperate this week.

Patton, Hamilton, Dobson, Williams are all generally the same size. It will be interesting to see who can distinguish themselves from the rest in practice and games.

Like the WRs, the CBs are all generally the same size ranging from 5'9 to 6'0 and with Jonathan Banks dropping out with injuries, it is a chance for somebody to really elevate their stock in the secondary.

I look forward to seeing how the WRs and D-backs do this week, as this is said to be a very good draft at both WR and Safety. I'm excited to see how Williams, Dobson and Patton look as well as McDonald, Rambo, and Lester
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Winters is a guy I'd like the Vikings to put in at OG. Very aggressive, fast first step, good feet, and a GREAT punch.

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other measurement that I would want to hear about is max vertical and standing reach for each of the WRs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Other measurement that I would want to hear about is max vertical and standing reach for each of the WRs.

Those are more combine measurements than senior bowl ones.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pick for a potential sneaky Vikings pick at 23.

Khaseem Greene [LB; Rutgers]

Quote:
The best linebacker of the day (and the only one legitimate with positive notes from me) was Rutgers’s Khaseem Greene. He showed fantastic pickups in coverage against running backs and tight ends, utilizing his safety-hips and physicality initially to not allow a pass caught him throughout the drill, the only linebacker to do so. He really, really impressed in this area, a huge value for a potential WLB.

Last edited by rpmwr19 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

Those are more combine measurements than senior bowl ones.

Yup. The combine measurements later on.

Height is obviously important, but I think standing reach and max vertical are potentially more important. It gives a dipiction of what the prospects max would be and what their "likely in game average vertical" would be based on projections

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Greene as a prospect. He weighed in much higher than I thought, could he be a player to consider at MLB?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. I think he would be best served staying outside where his speed could be put to better use. That being said I have no problem believing he could be a nickel MIKE backer.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one guy that really stood out to me measurement-wise is Brandon Williams. At almost 6'2" and 341 pounds, the guy is massive. If he moves as well as rumored and has a good game, his stock could go way up.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawaan Short prefers to play nose. He likes "the clog in the middle"

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/01/2013-senior-bowl-interviews-alex-okafor-datone-jones-margus-hunt-and-more.html

^Some interviews

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy's I've read the Vikings had personal meetings with today:

WR-Aaron Dobson
HB-Andre Ellington
CB-Desmond Trufant
S-Bacarri Rambo
OT-Oday Oboushi
RB-Stefan Taylor
LB-Ty Powell
LB-Zaviar Gooden
S-Jonathan Cyprien
CB-Blidi Wreh-Wilson

Interesting group of guys. Cyprien and Wreh-Wilson were impressive today. It's just day one, but it seems the team wants an upgrade in the HB department and well as in the secondary.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta remember this is a week long and the team will meet with a majority of the players I presume. I sure would love Bacarri Rambo (he's my mancrush of this draft) and wouldnt mind Dobson (though not in the 1st or 2nd for now)

Khaseem Greene would be an interesting pick for sure. He's been a pretty darn good LB for Rutgers, and theyve produced some good pros (Rice, Britt, Mccourty, Sanu) recently. Seeing as how we spend most of the time in Nickle, and he would be a 3 down guy, I could live with taking him early. I would still prefer Ogletree or a mid rd guy like Brown/Hodges but I'm warming up to it.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

– Before I get in to a few notes about my time traveling to – and in – Mobile so far, I want to mention a player down here at the Senior Bowl who has captured the attention of some already. His name is Aaron Mellette, and he is a wide receiver for the North team. Mellette measures in a 6-4, 215 pounds, so it sounds as if he has a prototypical build for an NFL WR. He played collegiately at Elon University, a school located in Elon, North Carolina and a program that competes in the Southern Conference. In his senior season, Mallette hauled in 97 receptions for 1,398 yards and 18 TDs. The reason I became aware of him is because I saw NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock upon my arrival in downtown Mobile on Monday night and before our conversation ended I had to ask him about Aaron “Mitts” Dobson. Mayock gave me a positive response on Dobson, but while he was doing that, Charles Davis, also of NFL Network, made a comment about Mellette’s performance on Day 1 of Senior Bowl week. Not sure what to make of it all yet, but it’s another name to add to the list of players to watch this week.

http://blog.vikings.com/2013/01/22/who-is-aaron-mellette-plus-other-first-impressions-in-mobile/

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 102 of 103

Jump to: