Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patv

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys know on Amari Cooper WR Alabama? Looking like a speedy guy with decent hands so far tonight.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patv wrote:
What do you guys know on Amari Cooper WR Alabama? Looking like a speedy guy with decent hands so far tonight.

Freshman
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patv wrote:

High first round pick in two years
Freakout

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious to see Tyler Eifert's 40 time. He seems faster than Rudolph.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ McCarron reminding me a lot of Eli.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually wouldnt ever touch a OG in round 1 unless I was getting a once in a decade prospect. Warmack may just be that type of player. That guy looks phenomenal but I have a hard time seeing him fall to 23.
Freakout

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I usually wouldnt ever touch a OG in round 1 unless I was getting a once in a decade prospect. Warmack may just be that type of player. That guy looks phenomenal but I have a hard time seeing him fall to 23.

Yup. St. Louis and Chicago would be stupid to pass on him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA is picking up Quinton Patton - WR - LA Tech from Winter Park
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinton Patton, WR
6'2 195#
4.52 40
Senior, Louisiana Tech

rpmwr19 wrote:
PA is picking up Quinton Patton - WR - LA Tech from Winter Park

2012 AP ALL-AMERICAN SECOND TEAM: WR - Quinton Patton, a native of La Vergne, Tenn... caught 104 passes for 1,392 yards and 13 touchdowns in 12 games this season... He finished the year averaging 13.4 yards per catch and 116.0 yards per game, ranking fourth in the nation in receiving yards per game and fifth in the nation in receptions per game. Patton was also fifth in the nation in touchdowns scored among wide receivers.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=111172&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

Strengths: Possesses an athletic build with long arms. Quick accelerator who gobbles up the cushion. Shows good quickness, strength and competitiveness versus press coverage. Sets up the defender with a variety of releases, alternating his gait to keep his opponent off-balance. Consistently catches the ball with his hands, away from his body. Experience as a punt returner is obvious once he gets the ball in his hands in the open field. Shows good vision to set up blocks and good shake to elude defenders one on one. May not possess elite breakaway speed but has the burst to turn a short pass into a long gain. Tracks the ball very well over his shoulder, showing excellent body control to keep his feet in bounds while securing the pass. Alert, competitive downfield blocker.

Weaknesses: Does not appear to possess elite breakaway speed. Struggles to gain separation on deep passes and while a very good route-runner, doesn't possess true explosiveness out of his breaks. Isn't afraid to mix it up with defenders as he runs his routes and will push-off on occasion to help gain separation, drawing the rare offensive pass interference flag (Texas A&M). Possesses generally reliable hands but will drop an occasional pass, especially when defenders are battling with him. Must get stronger and improve his concentration to make the tough grabs with defenders ripping away at his arms as the ball arrives... Can make defenders miss but doesn't show much strength to run through arm tackles.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824467/quinton-patton

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patton is another player I like a lot, could be a good player to keep an eye on in round 2.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really interestedin OG (1st) or TE (1st or 2nd).
If i'm getting a passing threat, I want someone who is going at least medium to long distance quickly, to get additional defenders out of the box.

Question:
Which Round 1 or 2 WR is the best blocker of the usual suspects. (Patterson, Rodgers, Williams, Allen, Hunter, Hopkins). Maybe this could also play a factor in who the brass possibly drafts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
I'm not really interestedin OG (1st) or TE (1st or 2nd).
If i'm getting a passing threat, I want someone who is going at least medium to long distance quickly, to get additional defenders out of the box.

Question:
Which Round 1 or 2 WR is the best blocker of the usual suspects. (Patterson, Rodgers, Williams, Allen, Hunter, Hopkins). Maybe this could also play a factor in who the brass possibly drafts.

That is a really good question, but i would say its Terrence Williams. To me him and Da'rick are the most physical WRs in the top of the draft.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget about character. I wouldn't be surprised if Da'Rick Rogers is off Spielman's board entirely.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
Don't forget about character. I wouldn't be surprised if Da'Rick Rogers is off Spielman's board entirely.

Spielman did take a chance on Ballard and to a lesser extent Harvin (that seemed to be all Childress but I am sure Spielman played some kind of role in the process).

Though the difference between a likely 2nd rd pick (rogers) is pretty strong versus a 4th rd pick (Ballard).
perrynoid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Patton is another player I like a lot, could be a good player to keep an eye on in round 2.

If the Vikings acquire him, could he change his number to either 3 or 7?

(Subtle WW2 referrence here...)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 86 of 103

Jump to: