Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nozizaki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Minter would be a great 2nd round pick, but I'm doubting he will be available at our slot.

It would not surprise me if he passes up Ogletree for the 2nd ILB spot.

Then take Ogletree.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nozizaki wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Minter would be a great 2nd round pick, but I'm doubting he will be available at our slot.

It would not surprise me if he passes up Ogletree for the 2nd ILB spot.

Then take Ogletree.

This.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far have ended up with...

CB - Jonathan Banks
WR - Da'Rick Rogers

in the GM mock... haven't had to make any moves to get either.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
so far have ended up with...

CB - Jonathan Banks
WR - Da'Rick Rogers

in the GM mock... haven't had to make any moves to get either.

I'd be happy enough if that ended up how the real draft ends up, especially if we can get someone like Gerald Hodges in the third. Unfortunately, though, I kind of doubt that the real FO would want to take on a character issue WR with the Harvin situation the way it seems to be right now. Too bad, too, since I love Rodger's game.
TxViking28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it wouldn't be the flashiest pick but how would y'all feel about taking Barret Jones 'Bame OG-OT-C with our 1st round pick if he's available which most mock drafts have him going anywhere from 15-25? Especially if no skill set players are available without a bit of a reach

He will be making his 3rd start in a NCG here in a few days and has rotated up and down the OL in his career at 'Bama
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be upset if the Vikings drafted Barrett Jones, he certainly would be an upgrade over Charlie Johnson, but I don't see him being the BPA.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have a small revolt at Winter Park, however.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones projects best to center. So even though he has the versatility to be plugged in at guard he would be miscast in that position.

We arguably have the best center in the NFL and he's been durable so Jones would be a waste of a pick IMO
TxViking28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Jones projects best to center. So even though he has the versatility to be plugged in at guard he would be miscast in that position.

We arguably have the best center in the NFL and he's been durable so Jones would be a waste of a pick IMO

I can understand that just wanted some other people's opinions on him as im very high on Jones.
Depending of where we draft if he's available I feel it would be a great value pick-up, I would love a WR but this draft I dont feel is very deep and think it would be a bit of a reach drafting one in the later 1st round, but thats just my personal opinion
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Elam was brought up a couple pages prior and I love this kids talent. I have brought his name up for weeks now on this site as being one of my favorite prospects. He is an animal on the field and makes big time plays. If he can be coached up a bit to wrap up more often, he will find himself as a multiple-time Pro Bowler.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you guys have brought up some DE prospects that you like if that BPA happens to be a DE when we pick in the 1st...
Well here is mine: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
I think Ansah is another guy that goes before our pick in the first round anyway. Kid does have incredible upside and scheme versatility.

DE would be pretty poor value for this team anyway, unless Allen is moved for a high pick.

All three of our current DEs expire at the end of next season. We may keep one or two, but not all 3.

I understand we have other needs, but I'd compare it to when NYG took Jason Pierre-Paul. Not a need, sure, but still a helluva pick. For a Viking comparison, it'd be like drafting Kyle Rudolph when we already have Jimmy Kleinsasser and Visanthe Shiancoe under contract.

Sometimes, its better to project a need down the road rather than overdrafting to fill a need now.
Yfz01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
How would a guy like Matt Elam fit in our defense?

Awesomely. Him and Smith would be a scary duo for anyone coming over the middle. Just not sure you'd want to use that first round selection on another safety when you've got other holes to fill as well. Don't know how much more of an impact you'd really see over a guy like Sanford; whereas at other positions I think the difference in impact would/could be drastic.

Granted, I do like Sanford a tad more than most. Certainly isn't great, but he alone isn't going to get you beat.

I agree with this entire post.

I really just want the best defensive tackle right now. Whoever is highest rated, I'll take em'. Time to make teams one dimensional again, and with the DE's MN has, another great tackle could make the Vikings D-line devastating.

Lil Uno with the sig.
Mychal22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Eric Reid from LSU? After having that great Sophmore year he's had a down Junior year but still declared.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:

All three of our current DEs expire at the end of next season. We may keep one or two, but not all 3.

And until they expire, our 1st round pick would be stuck on the bench instead of contributing.

Quote:
Sometimes, its better to project a need down the road rather than overdrafting to fill a need now.

Luckily (or unluckily) we have plenty of needs, so this is unlikely.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 79 of 103

Jump to: