Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
this providence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney's a better prospect than Bridgewater, IMO. Or really anyone in this draft as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Clowney turns out to be the real deal - so much hype.

That being said I hope no one in our division has the #1 overall pick next year.

I'm looking at you Detroit...
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
Clowney's a better prospect than Bridgewater, IMO. Or really anyone in this draft as well.

I think they are on par, together I think they are #1 and #2 overall locks at this point. Just depends on who gets those picks as to which one will come off first.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

That being said I hope no one in our division has the #1 overall pick next year.

It will be the Raiders, Jags, Jets, or Cards.

I bet Detroit gets at least 8 wins next year...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridgewater and Clowney both look like they would go top 3 in THIS years draft. Clowney is the best DE prospect since Mario Williams and doesnt look like just a nice sparkly pass rusher. He does damage inside and mucks it up in the trenches. Bridgewater just seems so in control and poised. SEC schools gotta be kickin themselves for lettin him get away.

From a viking perspective, I hope they can come away with a WR, LB and DT with their first few picks. I've been saying since last year that our Secondary is still not complete and we need more Corners and maybe another Safety, but watching the game Sunday made it clear to me that we need another DT who can generate some pressure. We got 5 sacks but it didnt seem like we made Rodgers all that uncomfortable. There are a ton of times where if we had a DT who could get some sort of push, Rodgers wouldve either had to stay back and get smoked by Jared, or step up and get eaten.

I think DTs that Vikes should target are Kawann Short, John Jenkins, Sylvester Williams as guys in round 2 and maybe Akeem Spence and Brandon Williams in rounds 3-5
Mychal22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggsohnasty wrote:
Bridgewater and Clowney both look like they would go top 3 in THIS years draft. Clowney is the best DE prospect since Mario Williams and doesnt look like just a nice sparkly pass rusher. He does damage inside and mucks it up in the trenches. Bridgewater just seems so in control and poised. SEC schools gotta be kickin themselves for lettin him get away.

From a viking perspective, I hope they can come away with a WR, LB and DT with their first few picks. I've been saying since last year that our Secondary is still not complete and we need more Corners and maybe another Safety, but watching the game Sunday made it clear to me that we need another DT who can generate some pressure. We got 5 sacks but it didnt seem like we made Rodgers all that uncomfortable. There are a ton of times where if we had a DT who could get some sort of push, Rodgers wouldve either had to stay back and get smoked by Jared, or step up and get eaten.

I think DTs that Vikes should target are Kawann Short, John Jenkins, Sylvester Williams as guys in round 2 and maybe Akeem Spence and Brandon Williams in rounds 3-5

Sharrif Floyd is another guy we could consider in the 2nd round. And as far as safeties go Matt Elam just declared for the draft. It's funny there's very good depth in our positions of need. I expect us to find very good pieces in this draft just like we did last year. Hard not to be excited about it.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any thoughts on Jordan Hill (Penn State DT) as a potential 3-4 round DT option?

I haven't seen him play at all, but his stats are fairly impressive: 64 total tackles (29 solo), 8.5 stuffs, 4.5 sacks, and 1 FF.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6'1 and >300 lbs, not a great fit for our defense IMO

AJ Francis [Maryland] had just as impressive of stats when it comes to sacks, stuffs and passes defensed.

He's 6'3 - 305 lbs and is slated as a 5th/6th round guy.
Mychal22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
6'1 and >300 lbs, not a great fit for our defense IMO

AJ Francis [Maryland] had just as impressive of stats when it comes to sacks, stuffs and passes defensed.

He's 6'3 - 305 lbs and is slated as a 5th/6th round guy.

I've actually seen Sharrif Floyd listed at 6'3. I like the Francis mention. He doesn't face the OLine's Floyd does but I look at Francis as a guy who with time could turn into a very good player. Don't know if he makes the impact Floyd makes from day 1 on though. Larry Black Jr. from Indiana is another late round guy I really like.
BigDog74

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

If I had to bet my career on any college player right now excelling in the NFL it'd be Clowney. Im a huge REAL USC fan and even with all of the hype surrounding Clowney I've still been impressed.

His big question mark coming into college was his technique and how "raw" he was. Last year he mostly used his size and speed to make plays, but in one year his game has improved greatly. What separates him from Devin Taylor, their other DE who will be drafted, and other guys is his great use of his hands. He also has developed solid secondary moves, a quick jab out and inside rip move and a swim move he's used more as of late.

I can't imagine what next year will bring. The Lewan matchup on New Year's was fun to watch. Clowney by no means dominated, other than the game changing hit. But then again Lewan is an early first round LT with surprisingly quick feet. Another off-season and Clowney should be a no doubt top 2 pick and I still strongly feel he'll be the #1 choice.

Also I think next year he's got to be the dark horse for the Heisman. If there was ever a defensive player to break the streak t I think he'd be the one.
this providence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would a guy like Matt Elam fit in our defense?

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
this providence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
How would a guy like Matt Elam fit in our defense?

Awesomely. Him and Smith would be a scary duo for anyone coming over the middle. Just not sure you'd want to use that first round selection on another safety when you've got other holes to fill as well. Don't know how much more of an impact you'd really see over a guy like Sanford; whereas at other positions I think the difference in impact would/could be drastic.

Granted, I do like Sanford a tad more than most. Certainly isn't great, but he alone isn't going to get you beat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Sanford as well, but I was just thinking about if Elam was the BPA, would you take him? After watching a lot of San Francisco games, and watching their two safeties, Whitner and Gholston dominate, having another imposing safety would be interesting.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
this providence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, Patterson, Banks, Rhodes, Warmack, and Ansah would all have to be gone before I'd consider Elam the BPA for this team. Granted, there's a very realistic chance that it could happen.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 77 of 103

Jump to: