Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Pough: ďI donít care where I go. I donít care if I get drafted or in free agency, I donít care what team I play for ó Iíll go play butt naked in Green Bay in February, you know, just for an opportunity,Ē he said. ďAnd thatís really what it comes down to. Iím so passionate about the game, it doesnít matter who I play for. Iím just gonna be the best linebacker, teammate, special teamer on that team.Ē

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/28/howard-football-unassuming-keith-pough-has-let-his/

I like this guy

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that he's getting this kind of publicity means that someone will probably take him at the bottom of the 1st rd....although NFLDraftScout has him as a 7th rd/UDFA.

He'd probably have to gain about 10-20 lbs to be an effective LB at this level. The Vikings have only drafted 1 guy from Howard in their history. Denny drafted a LB named Jose White in 1995 (ended up playing DT for 2 years in Jacksonville)

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pough interview: http://draftheadquarters.com/Player-Interviews/Keith-Pough.htm
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
The fact that he's getting this kind of publicity means that someone will probably take him at the bottom of the 1st rd....although NFLDraftScout has him as a 7th rd/UDFA.

If you're saying that because of the Washington Times article, I believe Howard University is in DC.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are reports that Gopher DT Ra'Shede Hageman will enter the 2013 draft, making a deep class even deeper.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denard Robinson is looking good in the RB/WR role today. I know we don't really need him, but thought it was worth pointing out.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
There are reports that Gopher DT Ra'Shede Hageman will enter the 2013 draft, making a deep class even deeper.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up going. I hope the Vikings take a look at him.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WR I have been high on all year and hoping we draft him, even though I don't see him lasting to the 3rd round after the combine.

Marcus Davis, WR, Va Tech had a nice day again.. 5 catches, 104 yards, 1 TD.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:
The WR I have been high on all year and hoping we draft him, even though I don't see him lasting to the 3rd round after the combine.

http://deadspin.com/5959914/virginia-tech-receiver-marcus-davis-doesnt-feel-like-blocking-ever

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So awesome to see the Ducks fall. But Kiko Alonso looked really good, and might be worth a look in the middle rounds. Also, would Chase Thomas be able to play MLB in our defense?

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chase Thomas is a prototype 3-4 OLB from what I've seen from Stanford. He is big, strong, and has a big time motor. I don't think he would be a good fit for us in the middle.

LBs that the Vikings should target imo are:

Manti Te'o- probably will be gone by the time we are selecting
Alec Ogletree-rangy ILB with some off field issues worth monitoring
CJ Mosely-apparently phenomenal in pass coverage
Arthur Brown-could drop due to size issues, but is dynamic
Gerald Hodges-OLB but has speed and athleticism to be strong 3 down LB

This seems to be a fairly weak draft in terms of "Star Power" (basically QBs ,RBs, and WRs for the media) but for the Vikings, it is rich at positions of need- DT, LB, S, OG and even though the WR class isnt bursting with elite talents, there is alot of solid prototype#2 type guys.
dc_vikingfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggsohnasty wrote:
Chase Thomas is a prototype 3-4 OLB from what I've seen from Stanford. He is big, strong, and has a big time motor. I don't think he would be a good fit for us in the middle.

LBs that the Vikings should target imo are:

Manti Te'o- probably will be gone by the time we are selecting
Alec Ogletree-rangy ILB with some off field issues worth monitoring
CJ Mosely-apparently phenomenal in pass coverage

Arthur Brown-could drop due to size issues, but is dynamic
Gerald Hodges-OLB but has speed and athleticism to be strong 3 down LB

This seems to be a fairly weak draft in terms of "Star Power" (basically QBs ,RBs, and WRs for the media) but for the Vikings, it is rich at positions of need- DT, LB, S, OG and even though the WR class isnt bursting with elite talents, there is alot of solid prototype#2 type guys.

The two in bold are the ones on my wish list. If Arthur Brown is able to put on weight without losing much in speed I would rank him right behind Olgetree as a prospect. Since my favs both WR's DeAndre Hopkins and Terrance Williams are making there way into 1st rd prospects. I'm starting to look at Ryan Swope as a nice WR prospect who could fit well.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont even think Arthur Brown has to put on much weight. If he can show up to the combine at 230 pounds, I would still draft him to play MLB. Weight isnt everything anymore, even in the 3-4 defense we are seeing those teams drafting lighter guys (Daryl Washington and Lawrence Timmons). Honestly, I think defenses are relying more on the front 4 to shut down the run to free the LBs and that is proabably becoming more essential with the abundance of short timing based offenses around the league.

Basically, if the LB can become less concerned with stopping the run because the front four will take care of it, the first priority can be stopping the pass and getting in deep drops. You can play your LBs deeper if you have a dominant Dline and athletic LBs who can run.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennessee fired Derek Dooley, The big 3 are locks to declare now. There also a few impressive RS Sophomores and Juniors on the defensive side of the ball.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
Sloppy28 wrote:

http://deadspin.com/5959914/virginia-tech-receiver-marcus-davis-doesnt-feel-like-blocking-ever

Ok, I no long am high on him. That's just terrible and unacceptable. On the other hand, if we did draft him, you can GUARANTEE AP wouldn't allow this and would set him straight. If you refuse to block for a guy like AP, I wouldn't even bother coming to work the next day.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 50 of 103

Jump to: