Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeADunn wrote:
I guess Marquess Wilson left because the new regime of coaches are abusive. Something could be up (It is Mike Leach)

Yup after reading some articles I have changed my opinion. Wilson's Stepfather was encouraging him to quit the team after hearing what was going on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brinkley got abused in coverage against Detroit.

I wouldnt be surprised if the need for an athletic MLB catches up with the need for a WR.
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

I wouldnt be surprised if the need for an athletic MLB catches up with the need for a WR.
it already has. For about 5 weeks now.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Alec Ogletree had 10 tackles and a sack against Auburn last night.

That puts him at 61 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 int, and 4 PDs in 6 games this year.

Wink
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to provide some balance to the argument that our offensive guards suck, we currently have the leading rusher in the NFL for the first time since 2008, a guy that admits he's not 100% back from his knee injury. It's a unit starting 2 new players, and one guy who moved positions, so essentially 3 out of 5 have been reshuffled.

I did notice interior pressure from Fairley and Suh mucking up a few passing plays, I also noticed Ponder stepping up and still making throws, a QB helping out his O-line.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys big Vikes fan here. This is my first post but anyways who are your guys favorite underclassmen receivers that maybe we'd draft in 2014?? I like Amari Cooper of Alabama. Marquis Lee would also pay dividends for us.. Thoughts??
PurplePride 218

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ask that because I really don't think there will be good value where we are picking in the 1st round to pick a receiver. Plus nobody in the 1st really jumps out at me.. Would love Coleman, Patterson, or Rogers in the 2nd though..
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurplePride 218 wrote:
Hey guys big Vikes fan here. This is my first post

welcome aboard!

we have a sign in thread at the top of the page, if you want to tell us a little about yourself. you know... social security number, bank accounts, mother's maiden name....

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurplePride 218 wrote:
Hey guys big Vikes fan here. This is my first post but anyways who are your guys favorite underclassmen receivers that maybe we'd draft in 2014?? I like Amari Cooper of Alabama. Marquis Lee would also pay dividends for us.. Thoughts??

The Rutgers guy
VikeSince70

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not sure where to post this but wanted to say something about this Manziel kid from Texas A & M. Manziel is the QB I hope we are in position to get in 3 years ! He is amazing with both passing and running. I watched the Alabama game and was just WOW'd. He is just a freshman which impressed me all the more.

The last time I felt this strong when watching a freshman it was a kid named Adrian Peterson in his freshman year at Oklahoma. I hope it works out with Manziel like it did with Peterson Smile
Zephiel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurplePride 218 wrote:

Amari Cooper is going to be a stud. Future top pick. The guy is outstanding already.

As far as guys not jumping out at you in the first, why not? Keenan Allen would be a perfect fit for this offense.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished watching the last two Tennessee games (vs. Troy, vs. Missouri). Those teams aren't good by any means, but Hunter complete went off in those games, to the tune of 322 yards and 4 touchdowns.

More promising yet is the damage he did on deep routes. Where Patterson mostly contributed like Harvin does (RB, returner, YAC routes), Hunter caught several deep jump-balls, and overall seemed to make more plays down the field. Great hands, elite speed, and elite short-area quickness as well for such a big guy.

Based on his elite athleticism, frame, and the flashes he's shown, I wouldn't be surprised if he challenges Keenan Allen for the #1 ranked reciever going into the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

it already has. For about 5 weeks now.

More like 5 years.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ď@ShawnZobel_DHQ: Just interviewed Howard LB Keith Pough, one of the top small schoolers. One of the best interviews I've had in 6 years. Special kid. Whoever drafts Pough is going to get a gemĒ

Anyone know much about him?
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pough: ďI donít care where I go. I donít care if I get drafted or in free agency, I donít care what team I play for ó Iíll go play butt naked in Green Bay in February, you know, just for an opportunity,Ē he said. ďAnd thatís really what it comes down to. Iím so passionate about the game, it doesnít matter who I play for. Iím just gonna be the best linebacker, teammate, special teamer on that team.Ē

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/28/howard-football-unassuming-keith-pough-has-let-his/

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 49 of 103

Jump to: