Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dwight Jones
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Dwight Jones Reply with quote

I figure this guy needs his own thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2H6Ac6-Z0c

Here is some highlights of 2010 when Yaterbomb was throwing to Dwight. He has 198 yards and 2 TDs. Lets see what hes got in the NFL
texanteddyp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Jones Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
I figure this guy needs his own thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2H6Ac6-Z0c

Here is some highlights of 2010 when Yaterbomb was throwing to Dwight. He has 198 yards and 2 TDs. Lets see what hes got in the NFL

There were better clips of Dwight Jones in 2010 vs FSU and Georgia Tech but youtube took them away.........The Florida State game had to be his best showing. Yates and Jones were a reeeal nice combo.......they might make some magic in the preseason on the field together......hopefully this Jones will make some magic with the starters in the regular season.

Last edited by texanteddyp on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched a couple games on YouTube and I'm not feeling like he's going to be much in the nfl. Confused
mse326

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early in the year I actually had him mocked to us in the 1st.

Attitude got him in trouble with teams. If he can keep it under control he can be a steal as a UDFA. But I honestly am not very optimistic.

#JDI
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones = Foster

Book it.

Half kidding, half not.
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like he was worth the pickup. But I am not expecting him to be the next Marques Colston.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Early in the year I actually had him mocked to us in the 1st.

Attitude got him in trouble with teams. If he can keep it under control he can be a steal as a UDFA. But I honestly am not very optimistic.

This is exactly how I feel as well. He's got the talent to be successful but he's got a million dollar body and .10 cent head. I expect he'll be in Kubiak's doghouse before long.
texanteddyp

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for all you guys thinking Jones won't become much of anything, peep this.......

Remember how everyone fell in love with Stephen Hill at the combine (Ill be honest I did too...lol) with his 6'4 and 4.39 speed??? He wasn't even the best wr in the ACC or near one of the best.

Hill- 28rec/820yds/5tds.........drafted in the 2nd round by the jets

Jones- 85rec/1196yds/12tds.............undrafted

Jones was first in the ACC with 85rec and tied for first with 12tds

Hill ranked #40 with 28rec

Now which ACC wr looks like a real draftable prospect?? Which one looks like a low round pick or udfa???

Haha..... a .10 head?? I think not............ *bart scott voice* CAN'T WAIT!!!
jargin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texanteddyp wrote:
Well for all you guys thinking Jones won't become much of anything, peep this.......

Remember how everyone fell in love with Stephen Hill at the combine (Ill be honest I did too...lol) with his 6'4 and 4.39 speed??? He wasn't even the best wr in the ACC or near one of the best.

Now which ACC wr looks like a real draftable prospect?? Which one looks like a low round pick or udfa???

Comparing stats with those two players doesn't work for the simple fact that one played in a triple option offense and one played in a Pro-Style Texans Clone offense. If they were playing in similar systems it would be a good point but UNC simply throws way more than GT. Most teams throw more than GT.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
texanteddyp

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
texanteddyp wrote:

Comparing stats with those two players doesn't work for the simple fact that one played in a triple option offense and one played in a Pro-Style Texans Clone offense. If they were playing in similar systems it would be a good point but UNC simply throws way more than GT. Most teams throw more than GT.

True. You're actually helping make my point of Jones being the better prospect than Hill even better and I knew Hill was in a triple option and Jones in a Texans-clone prostyle offense- which makes him a better pick up for us and better player period. Yea Hill has the speed but at least Jones been in a pro-style similar to the team he's going to and we know what we have and what he can do. Many scouts say Hill is still very raw and the jets traded up four spots and their 5th and 7th for him.
jargin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texanteddyp wrote:
jargin wrote:
texanteddyp wrote:

True. You're actually helping make my point of Jones being the better prospect than Hill even better and I knew Hill was in a triple option and Jones in a Texans-clone prostyle offense- which makes him a better pick up for us and better player period. Yea Hill has the speed but at least Jones been in a pro-style similar to the team he's going to and we know what we have and what he can do. Many scouts say Hill is still very raw and the jets traded up four spots and their 5th and 7th for him.
Just because Dwight Jones has experience in a similar offense doesnt mean he is going to be a better player than Hill. Hill is guaranteed a roster spot for starters whereas Dwight may not even make the team. Just because Hill is raw and the Jets traded up to get him doesnt mean he isnt going to be a good player. If Dwight Jones out produces Hill in their rookie seasons I will be very surprised.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
texanteddyp

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
texanteddyp wrote:
jargin wrote:
texanteddyp wrote:

Just because Dwight Jones has experience in a similar offense doesnt mean he is going to be a better player than Hill. Hill is guaranteed a roster spot for starters whereas Dwight may not even make the team. Just because Hill is raw and the Jets traded up to get him doesnt mean he isnt going to be a good player. If Dwight Jones out produces Hill in their rookie seasons I will be very surprised.

O_O ...........ooooookay........
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texanteddyp wrote:

You can't compare the two at all. One is a run heavy triple option offense. The other is a pro style. The only comparison should be against other triple option offenses and past players from them like Demaryius Thomas.

Hill- 28rec/820yds/5tds

Demaryius Thomas(junior red shirt year)- 46rec/1154Yds/8tds

Still cause for concern when you compare hill to Demaryius but to compare stats with unc is silly. Using that comparison, Dwight Jones is better than Demaryius Thomas which is foolish at this point.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a guy I wanted in round 1 at one point before the combine, but fell off the radar ever since. I was happy when Yates said on twitter that we signed him as an undrafted free agent. The coaching staff wants competition at WR on this team and I like it. Jacoby you better be ready this training camp and preseason!

Here is his highlights/lowlights vs Mizzou in the bowl game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du10FGdBkZY&feature=related
I love the catch at 32 seconds, but he drops too many easy catches!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texanteddyp wrote:

College stats don't mean much. I don't like Stephen Hill as an NFL prospect, and I don't like Jones either. I think both of them will wash out rather quickly.

I've said before, as someone who watches a lot of ACC football, Jones scared me more in college than any WR UNC ever had, including Brandon Tate and Hakeem Nicks. I hated playing the guy. But that does not translate to NFL production. I don't think he has the mindset to succeed in the NFL.

Sig by matthouston91

Last edited by Grasspike on Tue May 01, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: