Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I hope this doesnt mean KC will take Geno Sad

They'll take Tyler Wilson

Doubt it.

I hate the Jaguars
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Via Rotoworld via Tony Pauline:

Quote:
Dee Milliner of Alabama, Desmond Trufant of Washington, Xavier Rhodes of Florida State, Johnthan Banks of Mississippi State, Blidi Wreh-Wilson of UConn, Jamar Taylor of Boise State and Darius Slay of Mississippi State are the seven. Pauline adds there was limited mention of Logan Ryan, and teams worry about San Diego State's Leon McFadden's height. Apparently teams also have concerns over Jordan Poyer's speed.

The 7 what? Best? I was never impressed with Slay.

Best. I like Slay, but I think him being top 7 ahead of Ryan, McFadden, Poyer, and Davis is really odd. I'm high on the other guys they mentioned though.

I am down on Milliner and Banks as a whole, but really like BWW, Ryan, Rhodes, and Taylor...hell I've liked BW Webb for over a year, and it took a great senior bowl week for those on the site to stop calling him a project...hes a better, more NFL ready Derek Cox.

I like Webb, but I don't know if I'd go that far.

I agree with that though. I like Rhodes more than Dee Mill and Banks.

really?

Care to share some deets?

Banks seems like a real natural player to me, and while i've never been wow'd by Milliner...he looks like a sold CB to me.

I like all three, but I think Rhodes, especially in Bradley's scheme, could essentially be like Richard Sherman (who is essentially a taller, better, more consistent version of Cortland Finnegan who is also really good). Athletic, physical, big CB who has the potential to be a shutdown cornerback. All three have the height, but Rhodes has height, weight, and still retains speed and athleticism and good hips. As well, value is factored in - would I rather have Dee Milliner top 10 or Xavier Rhodes later in the first or possibly even at #33?

Actually looking at it now, Sherman is taller than all three from the heights I am seeing (6'3 while Banks and Rhodes 6'2 and Milliner 6'1 - all tall, but his weight is almost the same as Milliner. Banks is 185, Sherman and Milliner a smidge under 200, and Rhodes at 215).

That's fair enough. I'm a bit wary of worrying too much about an maybe an inch or so in height when it comes to the fit for a 'Seattle-style CB' for us. Milliner may be a smidge shorter with a bit less length overall, but he's still got a pretty substantial frame, and he generally seems to play with the sort of physicality you'd want in a 'Sherman-type'.

I can see your point re: Banks though. He definitely seems like a bit of a different type of CB than the other two. More slight and less physicality, more finesse i suppose. Would still be a good add though imo. A big physical 'Seattle-esque' CB would certainly be ideal, but i wouldn't be worried about a talented guy like Banks fitting in to our defense just fine either.

I completely hear you on the value though. If Rhodes is there at #33, i would definitely prefer that to Milliner top-10. That makes tons of sense. Seems like much better value.

But do your feelings on that flip, if say Banks were the one there at #33 as opposed to Rhodes?
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably, yes. I think I'd prefer Rhodes to slip over Banks, but like I said, they're still probably my top 3 CBs and Banks at #33 is much better value than having to trade up for Rhodes in, lettuce say, the mid 20s.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does E.J. Manuel ever not check down when he throws? He's worse than Gabbert was at that.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
FREDDY T

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Does E.J. Manuel ever not check down when he throws? He's worse than Gabbert was at that.

If gabbert was in this draft he would be easily the #1 QB off the board and would most likely be the first pick in the draft.

All these Qbs are terrible, IDK why we even talk about them as a possibility at 2.
MightyRx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
iPwn wrote:

If gabbert was in this draft he would be easily the #1 QB off the board and would most likely be the first pick in the draft.

All these Qbs are terrible, IDK why we even talk about them as a possibility at 2.

I agree.
Star/Moore/Jones (if cleared) at #2 if we can't trade down.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Geno>Gabbert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Geno>Gabbert

I don't think so, at least not as a prospect coming out.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Geno>Gabbert

I disagree, I hated Gabbert as a prospect too

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Geno>Gabbert

What is good about geno then? Taking 2 safeties in a bowl game was the final straw for me and considering geno smith at #2, or at all.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
FREDDY T wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Geno>Gabbert

What is good about geno then? Taking 2 safeties in a bowl game was the final straw for me and considering geno smith at #2, or at all.
At least one of those wasn't his fault. The defense got away with an illegal trip. I forget the other one off the top of my head.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

He's very Jason Campbell like to me. Checks down all the time, accuracy goes down the drain the further he reaches downfield. He's 'mobile' and has some athletic qualities, but he's not exactly quick or very elusive as a runner. And then he throws balls in the dirt all the time. I just don't see much to get very excited about at all.

And that's about where i see his upside. A Jason Campbell, game-manager type...if he can keep up with the mental/decisionmaking side of the game in the NFL. Which i'm not convinced of from what i've seen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Maybe not #1 off the board, but Gabbert as a prospect, he'd be in the conversation.

If a guy like Glennon can get any measure of serious 1st round consideration...He's like a more inconsistent Gabbert. All tools and 'potential'.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

He's very Jason Campbell like to me. Checks down all the time, accuracy goes down the drain the further he reaches downfield. He's 'mobile' and has some athletic qualities, but he's not exactly quick or very elusive as a runner. And then he throws balls in the dirt all the time. I just don't see much to get very excited about at all.

And that's about where i see his upside. A Jason Campbell, game-manager type...if he can keep up with the mental/decisionmaking side of the game in the NFL. Which i'm not convinced of from what i've seen.

I think Manuel can succeed if he put in the absolutely PERFECT situation.

Last edited by JDJaguar on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 am; edited 4 times in total
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

making race comments even as a joke is a no-no

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 26 of 61

Jump to: