Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are our needs expected to be next year?

Its kind of hard to figure out give the guys we brought in and the questions we have about them

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
What prospect should I watch first? I prefer not watching a QB.

Id go WR
Allen from Cal
The tennessee WRs
Its a good recieving class
Woods USC

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Its kind of hard to figure out give the guys we brought in and the questions we have about them

CB is a need IMO. Mathis is getting old, hard to tell what were getting with Ross, Cox was was hurt a portion of last season, I think we need to get a CB with one of are first 2 picks.
DE class is deep, If the right guy is avalable we cant pass him up.
WR Another Slot guy could be an option with a later pick.
OT is a need.
what does everyone else think?

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3QokFVyNM

Play 1: recognizes the run and makes the QB think about him by setting the edge somewhat
Play 2: WR screen recognized, blocked by the receiver
Play 3: QB runs out of the pocket and Amerson quickly recognizes, hits the QB after he fumbled the ball
Play 4: rollout similar to previous play except a pass play, Amerson off coverage, ball thrown the the receiver under, Amerson quickly recognizes
Play 5: off coverage and QB sacked, Amerson recognized that a receiver had gotten free and leaves his receiver
Play 6: Amerson blocked out of the play and couldn't make a play in the running game
Play 7: off coverage, gives the receiver room, WR makes a catch underneath, Amerson recognizes and makes the tackle
Play 8: QB pumps to opposite side, throws at Amerson, intercepted by making a play over the receiver, good job running behind blockers to score
Play 9: losses his receiver in coverage, but poorly thrown ball by the QB
Play 10: play safety in the red zone?, fake run, Amerson doesn't run towards the ball
Play 11: cuts in front of WR to prevent throwing lane
Play 12: Amerson shows patience on the wildcat, receiver breaks late, Amerson stays with him and prevents the pass form being completed
Play 13: Amerson playing off coverage, redirects the receiver, makes play on WR underneath who best the ball
Play 14: stays with receiver when it looks like the play is gone, QB has to throw the ball away
Play 15: stays with receiver, quickly recognizes under receiver is going to get the ball and quickly gets to him, is able to prevent the 3rd down conversion
Play 16: able to break of the receiver blocking him and get contact on the running back
Play 17: recognizes the tunnel screen pass to the receiver, makes a play on the ball
Play 18: Amerson does a decent job of not letting the RB get to the outside,
Play 19: makes interception on the ball, taking it out of a teammates hand

Thoughts:
Amerson has a knack for knowing what happens. He recognizes plays quickly. He can easily get blocked by the receivers. Amerson makes good plays on the ball, evident by both of his interceptions. He played a lot of off coverage. He has good size, but leaves a lot to be desired. I'll watch his game against Clemson later. It'll be interesting to seem him against Watkins.

Good breakdown. I like Amerson. Top CB in the draft.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

CB is a need IMO. Mathis is getting old, hard to tell what were getting with Ross, Cox was was hurt a portion of last season, I think we need to get a CB with one of are first 2 picks.
OT is a need.

CB might be a need, it all depends on the guys on the roster
DE, Mincey and Branch are fine, but we lack a 3rd option, plus Mincey isnt exactly "young", but 28 isnt bad and is probably on his last contract
WR, slot shouldnt be a need since we have Thomas
OT, if Britton pans out, we have no issues at OT other than depth

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

OT is a need.

DE, Mincey and Branch are fine, but we lack a 3rd option, plus Mincey isnt exactly "young", but 28 isnt bad and is probably on his last contract

Safefty might be an option, OLB might be an option, were kinda solid, but were bound to.find a opening need spot.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

OT is a need.

Safefty might be an option, OLB might be an option, were kinda solid, but were bound to.find a opening need spot.

Idk about safety but you are right about OLB. Sessions cant be trusted and Smith is ~30?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

OT is a need.

Idk about safety but you are right about OLB. Sessions cant be trusted and Smith is ~30?

Man if we didnt have Poslusney id love Monte Teo dude from ND

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Mr. V

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible needs:

CB: Middleton, Cox, and Mathis are all free agents after this year
LB: Smith is a free agent. I doubt he leaves, but OLB could be a need
O-line: Meester is old, Britton is on the last year of his deal, and Uche/Rackley could.move to center. Guard or center are possible needs
QB: Gabbert blows and the Jags give up. I doubt it happens though.
D-line: Knighton's injury, he's on the last year of his deal, can't have too.many good pass rushers
RB: Jennings is returning from injury and MJD has a lot of wear and tear
TE: Lewis had one good year catching, Miller is always injured
WR: Robinson doesn't workout. He can be cut because he makes around $13m this year. Robinson is injury prone too. Thomas could have another poor season. I'd like a situation like the one Dallas had last year with 2 possible number ones and then Robinson as the 3rd receiver on the depth chart.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Mr. V

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Play 1: recognizes the run and makes the QB think about him by setting the edge somewhat
Play 3: QB runs out of the pocket and Amerson quickly recognizes, hits the QB after he fumbled the ball
Play 4: rollout similar to previous play except a pass play, Amerson off coverage, ball thrown the the receiver under, Amerson quickly recognizes
Play 5: off coverage and QB sacked, Amerson recognized that a receiver had gotten free and leaves his receiver
Play 6: Amerson blocked out of the play and couldn't make a play in the running game
Play 7: off coverage, gives the receiver room, WR makes a catch underneath, Amerson recognizes and makes the tackle
Play 8: QB pumps to opposite side, throws at Amerson, intercepted by making a play over the receiver, good job running behind blockers to score
Play 10: play safety in the red zone?, fake run, Amerson doesn't run towards the ball
Play 12: Amerson shows patience on the wildcat, receiver breaks late, Amerson stays with him and prevents the pass form being completed
Play 13: Amerson playing off coverage, redirects the receiver, makes play on WR underneath who best the ball
Play 14: stays with receiver when it looks like the play is gone, QB has to throw the ball away
Play 15: stays with receiver, quickly recognizes under receiver is going to get the ball and quickly gets to him, is able to prevent the 3rd down conversion
Play 16: able to break of the receiver blocking him and get contact on the running back
Play 17: recognizes the tunnel screen pass to the receiver, makes a play on the ball

Thoughts:
Amerson has a knack for knowing what happens. He recognizes plays quickly. He can easily get blocked by the receivers. Amerson makes good plays on the ball, evident by both of his interceptions. He played a lot of off coverage. He has good size, but leaves a lot to be desired. I'll watch his game against Clemson later. It'll be interesting to seem him against Watkins.

I do this for every video I watched. I've only watched one game so take this with a grain of salt, but I didn't see what makes Amerson an elite CB prospect. He has loads of potential, elite athleticism, elite ball skills, but leaves me with more to be desired in coverage and the running game. Definitely looks like a first round prospect for now, but I expected more. I want to see how he does against Watkins.

McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
Possible needs:

CB: Middleton, Cox, and Mathis are all free agents after this year
LB: Smith is a free agent. I doubt he leaves, but OLB could be a need
O-line: Meester is old, Britton is on the last year of his deal, and Uche/Rackley could.move to center. Guard or center are possible needs
QB: Gabbert blows and the Jags give up. I doubt it happens though.
D-line: Knighton's injury, he's on the last year of his deal, can't have too.many good pass rushers
RB: Jennings is returning from injury and MJD has a lot of wear and tear
TE: Lewis had one good year catching, Miller is always injured
WR: Robinson doesn't workout. He can be cut because he makes around $13m this year. Robinson is injury prone too. Thomas could have another poor season. I'd like a situation like the one Dallas had last year with 2 possible number ones and then Robinson as the 3rd receiver on the depth chart.

Im saying Biggest needs
CB is without a dought a position we got to look at within.the first two rounds.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Thoughts:

I do this for every video I watched. I've only watched one game so take this with a grain of salt, but I didn't see what makes Amerson an elite CB prospect. He has loads of potential, elite athleticism, elite ball skills, but leaves me with more to be desired in coverage and the running game. Definitely looks like a first round prospect for now, but I expected more. I want to see how he does against Watkins.

Alot of people think if he doesnt Pan out as a CB, hes going to be a safety. Hes got a big body, 63 195lbs. He would have to work on tackling a little.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Mr. V

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Thoughts:

Alot of people think if he doesnt Pan out as a CB, hes going to be a safety. Hes got a big body, 63 195lbs. He would have to work on tackling a little.

Yea, I could see a transition to safety. He isn't very good at shedding blocks either. I don't see an elite prospect like others, but that might change after I watch more games.

McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Thoughts:

Yea, I could see a transition to safety. He isn't very good at shedding blocks either. I don't see an elite prospect like others, but that might change after I watch more games.

Im kind of excited to start watching DE film.
My man crush already is Mingo & Mathieu
I love Marquess Wilson out of all the WR class so far.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin will be this years T.Y. Hilton & the NFLs next Wes Welker.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 3 of 61

Jump to: