Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray is also very average against top competition

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Bray goes to Tennessee and that Matt Barkley report is from another website - you should cite your sources.
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Tyler Bray goes to Tennessee and that Matt Barkley report is from another website - you should cite your sources.
The only thing from a Barkley report from another website is the thing about Vontaze burfict, bc i googled for Character Concerns. Seemed interesting so I put it in there.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Bray is also very average against top competition

Im going to put that in with his weaknesses, I didnt no that. I kinda like the Arkansas kid more thn Bray & Barkley after watchim some film.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Ace wrote:
Adequate height; good overall size and strength. Adequate arm strength; can make all the necessary throws. Patient in the pocket; does a nice job going through is progressions. Has a nice touch on his throws; knows when to take something off and when he needs to fire it in there. Generally a good decision maker. Smooth delivery and a very quick release. Three years of experience in a pro-style offense. Team leader on the field; teammates and coaches all seem to respect his leadership.

Limited mobility; won’t make plays with his feet. Accuracy is adequate, but not elite. Arm strength is nothing special, but shouldn’t be a major concern. Does not look good throwing on the run; fundamentals break down and his accuracy is erratic. Has caused some controversies off the field (e.g. called Vontaze Burfict a dirty player); needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut when speaking to media.

http://draftace.com/blog/tag/matt-barkley/
Looks very similar to me.
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Draft Ace wrote:
Adequate height; good overall size and strength. Adequate arm strength; can make all the necessary throws. Patient in the pocket; does a nice job going through is progressions. Has a nice touch on his throws; knows when to take something off and when he needs to fire it in there. Generally a good decision maker. Smooth delivery and a very quick release. Three years of experience in a pro-style offense. Team leader on the field; teammates and coaches all seem to respect his leadership.

Limited mobility; won’t make plays with his feet. Accuracy is adequate, but not elite. Arm strength is nothing special, but shouldn’t be a major concern. Does not look good throwing on the run; fundamentals break down and his accuracy is erratic. Has caused some controversies off the field (e.g. called Vontaze Burfict a dirty player); needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut when speaking to media.

http://draftace.com/blog/tag/matt-barkley/
Looks very similar to me.

lol I am still learning how to breakdown players, I used that site to get my film.
Didnt copy & post. I deleted what i didnt see & added in what I thought.
It was the first one. My Bray info is on me, i got two more done as well. Ill post them ina bit, ure gladley allowed to check me out on it.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lol I am still learning how to breakdown players, I used that site to get my film.

Copy and pasting a report and changing a word or two, doesn't mean it isn't copied. I actually read that Barkley report on ace last night, that's how I knew it was the same thing.

Do you man, just trying to help you out.
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

Copy and pasting a report and changing a word or two, doesn't mean it isn't copied. I actually read that Barkley report on ace last night, that's how I knew it was the same thing.

Do you man, just trying to help you out.

Nag i appreciate it, I hadnt ever done a individual breakdown, so my buddy referred to just get a report, compare, add in & remove so you have an Idea. , It was my first one. I changed it up, & deleted what i didnt think was right.
Like I said my other ones are all on my own opinion, Ill also post the game i refferred my info from.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
cavsjags

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is early and a lot of my grades will proabably end up being wrong, but I usually do about six mocks a year: one right after the previous draft, one after the preseason and rosters are set, one at the midpoint of the season, one after the season, after the combine, and after all pro days are done...(I haven't watched anything on small school kids so this isn't an accurate Gene draft; though it may a Shahid Khan type of draft)

I see this year going one of two ways, either Gabbert takes a step forward and we improve, or we stagnate and end up with a top 5 pick. The more likely option is we improve because Gabbert wil actually get an offseason to train as well as an imporved receiving corps.

My Top 10 on my board so far is (in no particular order):
1.) Matt Barkley
2.) Marcus Lattimore
3.) Barkevious Mingo
4.) Sam Montgomery
5.) Robert Woods
6.) Jarvis Jones
7.) Tyler Bray
8.) Tyler Wilson
9.) David Amerson
10.) DJ Fluker

Assuming Gabbert imporves...I say we pick around 14 just missing the playoffs and poised for a run with a couple extra pieces

1.) Xavier Rhodes - CB - FSU - Big corner with speed that could be vital given our free agency situation at CB in 2013

2.) Seantrel Henderson - OT - Miami - Mammoth offensive lineman who could easily go top 10 if he plays to potential; gives offensive line flexbility

3.) Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State - Will provide linebacker depth/will fill in for either Daryl Smith or Clint Sessions in case of injury or lack of production

4.) Braxton Cave - C - Notre Dame - Good center prospect that gives offensive line depth and could come in if the line cannot be reshuffled when Meester leaves

5.) Conner Vernon - WR - Duke - Has pretty good size at 6'1" with 4.45 or faster speed, highly productive

6.) Lavar Edwards - DE - LSU - Cannot shine with Mingo and Montegomery ahead of him but has good size and ability as well as decent speed

7.) Mike Glennon - QB - NC State - Security blanket with good size and decent arm who could backup Gabbert and be better than Henne

If Gabbert doesn't imporve we would be in trouble and probably end up with a top 5 pick, probably pick 4

1.) Matt Barkley - QB - USC - If we end up this high it is time for a changing of the guard

2.) Michael Dyer - RB - Ark. St - If Gabbert doesn;t produce, odds are MJD took a pounding and I am not sold on Jennings or the backups so I think Dyer would be a great pickup

3.) Jordan Poyer - CB - Oregon St. - Good size and speed and with injuries and upcoming free agnecy in 2013 its hard to imagine a CB is not selected

4.) Baxton Cave - C - Notre Dame - See above

5.) Malliciah Goodman - DE - Clemson - Good size for a late round pick that could show out this year without Branch

6.) Patrick Ward - OT - Northwestern - 6'6" 310 lbs and adds bulk to the line in case of an injury to Monroe or Britton (especially Britton)

7.) Storm Klein - LB - Ohio State - Take a flier on him in the 7th for size and speed combo that could translate well to the NFL

Again I realize this is way too early to put out a mock, but hey what can I say I'm excited because we actually had a good draft. I haven't watched enough film to make a truly accurate mock so if I'm way off I apologize. My draft grade will probably be way off in the end. But I take all criticism so no hard feelings either way.
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cavsjags wrote:
I know this is early and a lot of my grades will proabably end up being wrong, but I usually do about six mocks a year: one right after the previous draft, one after the preseason and rosters are set, one at the midpoint of the season, one after the season, after the combine, and after all pro days are done...(I haven't watched anything on small school kids so this isn't an accurate Gene draft; though it may a Shahid Khan type of draft)

I see this year going one of two ways, either Gabbert takes a step forward and we improve, or we stagnate and end up with a top 5 pick. The more likely option is we improve because Gabbert wil actually get an offseason to train as well as an imporved receiving corps.

My Top 10 on my board so far is (in no particular order):
1.) Matt Barkley
2.) Marcus Lattimore
3.) Barkevious Mingo
4.) Sam Montgomery
5.) Robert Woods
6.) Jarvis Jones
7.) Tyler Bray
8.) Tyler Wilson
9.) David Amerson
10.) DJ Fluker

Assuming Gabbert imporves...I say we pick around 14 just missing the playoffs and poised for a run with a couple extra pieces

1.) Xavier Rhodes - CB - FSU - Big corner with speed that could be vital given our free agency situation at CB in 2013

2.) Seantrel Henderson - OT - Miami - Mammoth offensive lineman who could easily go top 10 if he plays to potential; gives offensive line flexbility

3.) Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State - Will provide linebacker depth/will fill in for either Daryl Smith or Clint Sessions in case of injury or lack of production

4.) Braxton Cave - C - Notre Dame - Good center prospect that gives offensive line depth and could come in if the line cannot be reshuffled when Meester leaves

5.) Conner Vernon - WR - Duke - Has pretty good size at 6'1" with 4.45 or faster speed, highly productive

6.) Lavar Edwards - DE - LSU - Cannot shine with Mingo and Montegomery ahead of him but has good size and ability as well as decent speed

7.) Mike Glennon - QB - NC State - Security blanket with good size and decent arm who could backup Gabbert and be better than Henne

If Gabbert doesn't imporve we would be in trouble and probably end up with a top 5 pick, probably pick 4

1.) Matt Barkley - QB - USC - If we end up this high it is time for a changing of the guard

2.) Michael Dyer - RB - Ark. St - If Gabbert doesn;t produce, odds are MJD took a pounding and I am not sold on Jennings or the backups so I think Dyer would be a great pickup

3.) Jordan Poyer - CB - Oregon St. - Good size and speed and with injuries and upcoming free agnecy in 2013 its hard to imagine a CB is not selected

4.) Baxton Cave - C - Notre Dame - See above

5.) Malliciah Goodman - DE - Clemson - Good size for a late round pick that could show out this year without Branch

6.) Patrick Ward - OT - Northwestern - 6'6" 310 lbs and adds bulk to the line in case of an injury to Monroe or Britton (especially Britton)

7.) Storm Klein - LB - Ohio State - Take a flier on him in the 7th for size and speed combo that could translate well to the NFL

Again I realize this is way too early to put out a mock, but hey what can I say I'm excited because we actually had a good draft. I haven't watched enough film to make a truly accurate mock so if I'm way off I apologize. My draft grade will probably be way off in the end. But I take all criticism so no hard feelings either way.

Good Work, Although even if Gabbert Busts, Which im 100% he wont, Henne would take over for the time been, & we still wont be picking top 5, more in the 10-12 range. I think if Gabbert has a good year we win the south hands down.
Either was Barkley should & most likely will be #1 overall, If we were going after QB, we would be looking at Names like Tyler Bray, Wilson dude from Arkansas, Landry Jones. I think Gabbert will have a solid year & put us in the high teens two, low 20's & we target Mathieu
Love Your breakdown, interesting & lookin forward to seeing more.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt Gabbert plays worse than last year...and if he does I still doubt we pick in the top 5. He played all but a couple games this season and we had the 7th pick. Any improvement should put us in the middle of the pack.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
I highly doubt Gabbert plays worse than last year...and if he does I still doubt we pick in the top 5. He played all but a couple games this season and we had the 7th pick. Any improvement should put us in the middle of the pack.

couldnt agree more.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Mr. V

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What prospect should I watch first? I prefer not watching a QB.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
MJD4MVP5455

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
What prospect should I watch first? I prefer not watching a QB.

considering we just drafted a punter...how about a kicker Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3QokFVyNM

Play 1: recognizes the run and makes the QB think about him by setting the edge somewhat
Play 2: WR screen recognized, blocked by the receiver
Play 3: QB runs out of the pocket and Amerson quickly recognizes, hits the QB after he fumbled the ball
Play 4: rollout similar to previous play except a pass play, Amerson off coverage, ball thrown the the receiver under, Amerson quickly recognizes
Play 5: off coverage and QB sacked, Amerson recognized that a receiver had gotten free and leaves his receiver
Play 6: Amerson blocked out of the play and couldn't make a play in the running game
Play 7: off coverage, gives the receiver room, WR makes a catch underneath, Amerson recognizes and makes the tackle
Play 8: QB pumps to opposite side, throws at Amerson, intercepted by making a play over the receiver, good job running behind blockers to score
Play 9: losses his receiver in coverage, but poorly thrown ball by the QB
Play 10: play safety in the red zone?, fake run, Amerson doesn't run towards the ball
Play 11: cuts in front of WR to prevent throwing lane
Play 12: Amerson shows patience on the wildcat, receiver breaks late, Amerson stays with him and prevents the pass form being completed
Play 13: Amerson playing off coverage, redirects the receiver, makes play on WR underneath who best the ball
Play 14: stays with receiver when it looks like the play is gone, QB has to throw the ball away
Play 15: stays with receiver, quickly recognizes under receiver is going to get the ball and quickly gets to him, is able to prevent the 3rd down conversion
Play 16: able to break of the receiver blocking him and get contact on the running back
Play 17: recognizes the tunnel screen pass to the receiver, makes a play on the ball
Play 18: Amerson does a decent job of not letting the RB get to the outside,
Play 19: makes interception on the ball, taking it out of a teammates hand

Thoughts:
Amerson has a knack for knowing what happens. He recognizes plays quickly. He can easily get blocked by the receivers. Amerson makes good plays on the ball, evident by both of his interceptions. He played a lot of off coverage. He has good size, but leaves a lot to be desired. I'll watch his game against Clemson later. It'll be interesting to seem him against Watkins.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 2 of 61

Jump to: