Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Re-Draft 2012 time
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right gentlemen, as most of you know during the draft I select who I think the broncos should draft at a given pick without the advantage of hindsight. This thread is similar, even though you had hindsight, so I figured I'd post it here. Also included are my notes for each pick.

25: with decastro gone I liked the trade even if I thought we could have gotten more.

31: (stupid trade, would not make it)Jonathan Martin, OT Stan. Move franklinstien inside and fortify our line.

57: Brandon Thompson, DT, Clem. Solid starter at the very least.

87: Kirk Cousins, QB, MSU. My #3 QB in the draft. Have to take him.

108: Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Wash. Two fat boys in the middle to collapse the pocket. Can't believe he fell.

120: Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia. Above average nickel back and great return man.

126: George Iloka, S, BST. Very athletic big S. struggles in man but a force in the box and covering deep zone.

137: Justin Bethel, ST ace, Presbyterian. Gunner, returner, blocks kicks.

188: David Molk, C, Michigan. Was the #3 C on my board. Utility interior lineman, to challenge Walton, With the other becoming the top backup for all three interior line positions.

I realize that some of these players were still available at later picks, but as I said I made this as the draft was going on, so i did not know that they would be.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK, I always write down a name at the time of our pick(So I can't cheat and give us the guy I would have taken at the next pick if he is still available.

In saying that I always just take the trades as being what happened and write down the name when "pick is in" comes up on the screen.

So with that, I'll post what my little note has on it.

So these are my choices, at the time, without hindsight as to who would be available later on.

36. Cordy Glenn, RT, Georgia
BPA by a long way. Has the feet to be a sustainable right tackle far better at dealing with speedy rushers than Franklin. Franklin can compete with Beadles for the LG spot with the loser playing swing man.

57. Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
After not taking a DT at 36 it was imperative to take one here.

67. Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
Reverted back to BPA at this point after grabbing the D-Tackle. I thought Hosley was the 5th best corner in the draft.

101. Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska
Double dip at DT. Thompson is more of a run stuffer whereas Crick is more a penetrator.

108. Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
This was a reach compared to where he actually went, but I liked him as an early day 3 prospect to compete with Stokley and Caldwell for the 3rd WR job.

137. Jonathan Massaquoi, DE, Troy
BPA pick. Never hurts to add a pass rusher.

188. BJ Coleman, QB, Tennessee-Chatanooga
Was my highest ranked QB left to bring in as a development guy.

Again this isn't my with hindsight re-draft, this is me writing down the name of my pick right before we actually picked in real time. And then going on as if it was my draft.

So for example I wasn't calling for Thompson IRL at 57 because we took Wolfe, but I wrote his name down because we had Glenn.
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine would be.

#36. Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati- I am sticking with this pick, i really like it. Relentless player from the inside that will provide a good pass rush. Denver fans are going to love him.

#57. Casey Heyward, CB, Vanderbilt- I was really hoping Denver would take him. He became one of my favorite prospects during the month leading up to the draft. It is questionable how he develops as an outside CB, but i think he will be one heck of a nickel corner at the worst.

67. Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson- Another player i have been very high on. Wolfe/Thompson IMO would be key cogs in the interior of Denver's defense for years.

101. Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State- I am sticking with this pick here as well. I like the pick now and would like it even better in this scenario. He is a high potential player that can be groomed a bit coming off injury and missing a year of football. Denver needs talent at DB and Heyward+Bolden gives them that.

108. Chris Polk, RB, Washington*- Polk is a solid all around back. He can run between the tackles, protect the passer, and is a threat out of the backfield. I have no idea how this guy fell as far as he did.

137. George Iloka, S, Boise State- Another player i have no idea why he was still around. He is stiff, but i love the versatility and size he brings more talent and versatility to the defensive backfield.

188. Quinten Saulsberry, OG/OC, Mississippi St.- The versatile interior offensive lineman that Denver needs. He has started 50 games at 4 different positions in college. He good size, length, and athleticism along the interior and can add depth competition along the interior of the OL.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

You would have taken Polk when he went undrafted? Can't understand that one. He went undrafted because I think he failed multiple physicals and had problems with his shoulder.

Thanks, Tzimisce
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine:

36: Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State. Osweiler had a second round grade. I would have taken him ahead of Wolfe, who had a 4th-6th rd. grade.

57: Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State. Denver gets a run stuffer to replace Bunkley.

67: Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State. Good pick, but should have been second day.

101: Philip Blake, C-G, Baylor. Perfect at this spot.

108: Derek Wolfe, DL, Cincinnati. I like Wolfe, but he was a reach in the second round. Would be better on day three.

137: Chris Polk, RB, Washington. Him or Miller should have been more of a priority than Hillman.

188: Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State. Provides insurance incase Moore doesn't pan out. I wanted Chris Rainey at this spot, but he went to the Steelers.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

There is absolutely no way Derek Wolfe was going on the third day. None whatsoever. I don't know what sites were saying he was a 3rd day guy, but anyone reputable was saying late first early second.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ProfessorBronco

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is quite simple. I like the draft other than the trade up for Hillman. I stand pat in the 3rd and take Turbin/Miller with that pick in the 4th with the pick we used on Blake, I select Ta'amu and then take Blake with the Pats pick. Draft done.

Penetrating tackle with position flexibility: check

Mammoth nose to eat blockers and allow our edge players to make plays:check

Depth at corner: check

3 down running back: check

O line depth: check

Young qb with tremendous physical skill set: check
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know where else to put this, but I am currently downloading games from some of our 2012 Draft Class. Here are the games and which players (inc UDFA's) I am going to look at :-

Cincinnati vs Vanderbilt (Derek Wolfe)

(2010) Oregon vs Arizona State (Omar Bolden, Gerrell Robinson)

Boise State at San Diego State (Ronnie Hillman)

Cincinnati at Tennessee (Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson)

Baylor at Texas A&M (Philip Blake, Elliot Coffey, Coryell Judie)

California at Arizona State (Anthony Miller, Brock Osweiler)

West Virginia at Cincinnati (Derek Wolfe)

MUFC OK
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I didn't know where else to put this, but I am currently downloading games from some of our 2012 Draft Class. Here are the games and which players (inc UDFA's) I am going to look at :-

Have you watched those games Lomax? I am interested to hear what you see.

I was able to watch nearly all of Denver's draft picks at some point or another, though i didn't pay a whole lot of attention to Blake or Jackson. The guy i am most interested in is Omar Bolden. I have never watched him play and reading all the hype that had he not had an injury he would have been a top 100 pick intrigues me. I am also interested in how he may be used. Is he capable of playing on the outside or is a he more of a nickel CB? Just off of a gut feeling i think he comes in and competes with Harris day 1 for the nickel job. Harris is a sound player, but i could see Denver wanting more talent and production from that position.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Have you watched those games Lomax? I am interested to hear what you see.

I was able to watch nearly all of Denver's draft picks at some point or another, though i didn't pay a whole lot of attention to Blake or Jackson. The guy i am most interested in is Omar Bolden. I have never watched him play and reading all the hype that had he not had an injury he would have been a top 100 pick intrigues me. I am also interested in how he may be used. Is he capable of playing on the outside or is a he more of a nickel CB? Just off of a gut feeling i think he comes in and competes with Harris day 1 for the nickel job. Harris is a sound player, but i could see Denver wanting more talent and production from that position.

I haven't yet mate. I have just moved into a flat without internet for a month, so I will get a chance to watch them soon.

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: