Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gary Kubiak as an offensive coordinator.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Gary Kubiak as an offensive coordinator. Reply with quote

Question for you. Since the Falcons are possibly losing Dirk Koetter to Boise State. If Gary Kubiak became an offensive coordinator:
1) How do you think he would handle the talent in Atlanta?
2) Does he throw a lot of screens?
3) Would he be able to bring Dennison with him for OL coach?

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he would do well in Atlanta. He has his flaws, but I think they were much more prominent as a head coach than they will be as an offensive coordinator.

1) Atlanta has enough offensive talent at the right positions that he would do very well. I could see him set up the offense to be similar to the one the Texans had before they drafted Arian Foster and set up a dominant ground game. People forget that Matt Schaub led the league in passing one year.

2) He's not a big screen guy. He stretches the field vertically and uses play-action and formations to get the spacing he needs. It's a throwback offense.

3) Most likely. I think Dennison and Kubiak have a pretty good relationship, and I don't see many people trying to hire Dennison.

Sig by matthouston91
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Gary Kubiak as an offensive coordinator. Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Question for you. Since the Falcons are possibly losing Dirk Koetter to Boise State. If Gary Kubiak became an offensive coordinator:

I don't think he would do well at all in ATL. You don't have a good enough running back and the talents of BOTH Jones and White would be terrible. I honestly think Gary would prefer just one legit wr. If he changed his style some then it would be ok, but Gary is stubborn and IMO would fare better elsewhere.
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Gary Kubiak as an offensive coordinator. Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
scar988 wrote:

I don't think he would do well at all in ATL. You don't have a good enough running back and the talents of BOTH Jones and White would be terrible. I honestly think Gary would prefer just one legit wr. If he changed his style some then it would be ok, but Gary is stubborn and IMO would fare better elsewhere.

Take a look at the RBs that the Texans have Broncos have been successful with when Gary has been either OC or HC. I think he may be able to find someone to run the ball successfully for the Falcons.
mse326

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Gary Kubiak as an offensive coordinator. Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
scar988 wrote:

He was fine in Denver with Smith and McCafferey.

I think his problem adapting here was that he had to focus on all the other stuff as well as the HC. If he could just focus on offense I think he'd get a bit more creative. And the HC dictates how aggressive/conservative the team is so that won't be an issue. With everything else he was doing I just think he wanted to stay in his comfort zone.

#JDI
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the mini stroke and all that i dont expect him to coach in the NFL next season, or possibly not for the foreseeable future. He specifically asked for a 3 year contract instead of a 4 year one, so i think he is gonna retire, at least for a while
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't want Dennison and Gary to ruin your offensive line.
biggio7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:

I don't understand this. When Winston was here, wasn't it fairly stated by almost all the Texans had one of if not the best oline in football?

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary is brilliant at what he is comfortable with. He knows the WC Offense down to the T. He was in charge of a couple offenses that produces the most yards in football.

I don't like his lack of innovation, however.

I hope he succeeds elsewhere. The guy is a consummate professional and you really root for him.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Gary is brilliant at what he is comfortable with. He knows the WC Offense down to the T. He was in charge of a couple offenses that produces the most yards in football.

I hope he succeeds elsewhere. The guy is a consummate professional and you really root for him.

while I agree with the last line, I still feel a sour taste in my mouth due to the arrogance over the years and his unwilling to adapt...Im not quite on the "good luck to you" wagon
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:

while I agree with the last line, I still feel a sour taste in my mouth due to the arrogance over the years and his unwilling to adapt...Im not quite on the "good luck to you" wagon

How was kubiak arrogant????
Raz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, will miss coach Kubiak.I think he's one of the best teachers in the game and any team would be lucky to have him as an OC.He gets the best out of mediocre talent as we have seen here in Houston.

His problems were only HC related, although his commitment should not been questioned.He was way too loyal and didn't really play ball for the fans.Was a bit conservative but in his defense, he only showed the conservative nature in the regular season, and i believe he wanted to surprise when he would enter knockout stages.

I think we could have been lucky, as he believed in dumping the talent on the defensive side.If we would have had a great defensive coordinator at any time during his 8 years, we would have more than 3 winning seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
with the mini stroke and all that i dont expect him to coach in the NFL next season, or possibly not for the foreseeable future. He specifically asked for a 3 year contract instead of a 4 year one, so i think he is gonna retire, at least for a while

I agree with this. If he were 100% healthy and rarin to go I'd put him on the short list of elite offensive coordinator prospects available

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:

I don't understand this. When Winston was here, wasn't it fairly stated by almost all the Texans had one of if not the best oline in football?

We had a great line for a year or two and went to awful in a hurry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: