Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Current 53 Man Roster (Week 16)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we take a safety early next year cause the group of safeties next draft is solid with

Reid LSU
McDonald USC
Lester Bama
Jefferson OU
Vaccaro UT
Armstrong The U

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Dre out Jean was taking the 1st team snaps, does this mean we need to bump him up to 3rd on the DC? I mean I know the rookies might have more talent but Jean knows the system and thats big in Kubs book.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
With Dre out Jean was taking the 1st team snaps, does this mean we need to bump him up to 3rd on the DC? I mean I know the rookies might have more talent but Jean knows the system and thats big in Kubs book.

As nuts as it seems considering he had 2 whole catches last preseason, I think practicing with the starters says he enters camp at #3. I'd also love to see Derek Newton moved to RT where he will be fighting it out with Butler for the starting gig. I also think Casey should be listed as #2 TE in addition to FB. Jason Ford is a FB, not RB. Torri Williams should be on depth chart behind Demps since he's been on active roster past 2 seasons.

Spell Check fixes (sorry to be a stickler, but we might as well start by getting their names right vs bad habits like everyone adding an extra "n" to Glover Quin his entire rookie year):
"Quintin" Demps
Brett "Hartmann"
"Shelley" Smith
Jeff "Maehl"
"Javarris" Williams
Shawn "Louiseau"

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

As nuts as it seems considering he had 2 whole catches last preseason, I think practicing with the starters says he enters camp at #3. I'd also love to see Derek Newton moved to RT where he will be fighting it out with Butler for the starting gig. I also think Casey should be listed as #2 TE in addition to FB. Jason Ford is a FB, not RB. Torri Williams should be on depth chart behind Demps since he's been on active roster past 2 seasons.

Spell Check fixes (sorry to be a stickler, but we might as well start by getting their names right vs bad habits like everyone adding an extra "n" to Glover Quin his entire rookie year):
"Quintin" Demps
Brett "Hartmann"
"Shelley" Smith
Jeff "Maehl"
"Javarris" Williams
Shawn "Louiseau"

Preciate the input and I made all the changes.

I think we add a vet WR after June 1 which is great for us since out Mini Camp isnt till June 11 I believe so we can catch whoever up on the system and they get their feet week before training camp.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

From everything I have heard via Pancakes and Vandemeer, the talk is that Newton has really made some strides. Given that OL is a spot where you really need to see a player with the pads on to make a judgment call on them, it might mean nothing at all...however, given the need for quick feet and recognition in the ZBS, it could be a good thing.

We shall see how RT pans out once TC starts, but there might be a shift at the top if Newton makes the leap. Would be good too, as he's a player we have on the cheap, not coming into a contract year.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

From everything I have heard via Pancakes and Vandemeer, the talk is that Newton has really made some strides. Given that OL is a spot where you really need to see a player with the pads on to make a judgment call on them, it might mean nothing at all...however, given the need for quick feet and recognition in the ZBS, it could be a good thing.

We shall see how RT pans out once TC starts, but there might be a shift at the top if Newton makes the leap. Would be good too, as he's a player we have on the cheap, not coming into a contract year.

Yeah it'll be a fun camp to watch with the young receivers, RG, and RT battles plus the CB's

But I can see where Newton if developing quickly, I mean no knock on Ark St but I'm pretty sure he didn't get anywhere near the type of coach he's getting now and he's already got the athletic ability. This is what a real late round pick looks like, a small school kid with the ability who's lacked the coaching (ie marques colston coming out of hofstra)

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF on McCain

This seems like as good a place as any to post this link.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/29/secret-superstar-brice-mccain-cb-houston-texans/
Dawgtx

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
PFF on McCain

This seems like as good a place as any to post this link.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/29/secret-superstar-brice-mccain-cb-houston-texans/

Wow....good article!
Receiving: 2 Catches 17 Yds 0 TD's
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this secret weapon stays in the slot or we will see a collapse like we did with Freddy B.....
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Forsett is going to be the RB3 but where should we slot Ball? Along with Torri Williams since he's now a CB?

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
I know Forsett is going to be the RB3 but where should we slot Ball? Along with Torri Williams since he's now a CB?

Start a "camp body" section Very Happy
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

HAHA touche, but honestly I think he's got a shot at making the team, cause we all know atleast a couple of guys will catch a hang nail and get a free ticket to the all inclusive IRisland

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

HAHA touche, but honestly I think he's got a shot at making the team, cause we all know atleast a couple of guys will catch a hang nail and get a free ticket to the all inclusive IRisland

Torri has exclusively worked at corner since last season. He was put on the practice squad to learn the position last year. I think he has a better shot at sticking at CB than Carmichael does at this point. I'm pretty sure Ball is being brought in at corner as well as he was awful at safety. I sure would like to hear a positive word about Brandon Harris in OTAs as sometimes the praise heaped on other players (McManus and Williams have been getting "raves") is more about sending a message to those who aren't praised (aka Harris, Carmichael.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - Javarris Williams got cut.

Depth is:
1. Foster
2. Tate
3. Forsett
4. Meggett
5. Grimes

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also pencil Forsett in at #2 KR and PR. Personally, I think Keyshawn Martin should be penciled in as #1 PR by virtue of having a relatively safe roster spot, with Holliday as #3 KR & PR and clearly a longshot.

I'm going to keep mentioning moving Derek Newton to #2 RT until you put him at his proper position.

Spell check - Jonathan Grimes, not Jonathon

I would recommend adjusting CB to one position like you have WR since there is little functional difference between RCB and LCB and cut point will be at #5 or #6. Personally I think Torri is #5 right now, but draft position and experience bump the others a bit higher as they will be tougher to cut. Recommended depth:

1. Johnathan Joseph
2. Kareem Jackson
3. Brice McCain
4. Sherrick McManis
5. Brandon Harris
6. Roc Carmichael (note spelling)
7. Alan Ball
8. Torri Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: