Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Current 53 Man Roster (Week 16)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I think we need a better 3rd string RB. Williams, Maggett, Grimes and Ford aren't doing it for me. I really wish we resigned Ward, but since we havent resigned him yet that tells me that he wants more money than we probably offered.

Davin Meggett will be good here. He should be our number 3 and Ford should be our FB. JMO
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
I think we need a better 3rd string RB. Williams, Maggett, Grimes and Ford aren't doing it for me. I really wish we resigned Ward, but since we havent resigned him yet that tells me that he wants more money than we probably offered.

Davin Meggett will be good here. He should be our number 3 and Ford should be our FB. JMO

Agreed, I just hope Meggett gets a chance to run behind the starting line a little bit instead of the 3rd stringers

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Changed some of the suggestions ET brought up and also took Jacoby off of everything!

...I suggested something? Confused

My bad ET, mean't Apollo

...oh, he's REALLY gonna love that. Laughing

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lestar Jean should be ahead of Dwight Jones on chart since he played for us last preseason and while he couldn't practice he was still with the team all season. The DJ love here is out of control. He burned bridges so badly at NC that they wouldn't even let him do his Pro Day there, so he had it at his high school with 1 scout in attendance. Sure, it's worth seeing for ourselves, but high ego + crappy work ethic doesn't bode well when playing for a coach that continues to place Kevin Walter atop the depth chart based upon being the antithesis of that.

Derek Newton is going to push Butler hard at RT if you believe what the team is saying about him. He didn't even play Left Tackle at Arkansas State so I don't see him protecting Schaub's blind side. If anything happened to Brown, Butler would move to LT. Newton belongs at RT on the depth chart.

BTW - Apollo doesn't make "suggestions." I carve them on stone tablets and command your eternal adherence to them (although I reserve the right to make a few amendments like that whole coveting thy neighbors wife thing).

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Dawgtx

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Changed some of the suggestions ET brought up and also took Jacoby off of everything!

...I suggested something? Confused

My bad ET, mean't Apollo

I get them mixed up too Wink
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Looking at the 9er's RB depth chart

They have Gore, Jacobs, Hunter, Dixon, James, Cartwright

I would love to pick up whoever doesnt make the team

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the OTA's and Mini camp dates have been set

OTAs: May 21-22, May 24, May 29-31, June 4-7

Minicamp: June 12-14 (full team)

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Not sure if I like Jacobs or Dixon (1 goal line back will be cut) much more than Ward if we can get him to play for the vet minimum. Ward is much more what you look for in a #3 guy as he is an unselfish guy who is great in the locker room and can perform if pressed into duty for a week or two. Jacobs became a cancer in NYC, Dixon brings character problems and will get frustrated rotting on the bench unless their is an injury. Cartwright is a special teamer and a good one (kickoffs and gunner) but I don't see us in the market for a 32 year old special teamer.

Alternatively it could be Ted Ginn who gets the boot if James is viewed as a returner. We could do worse than Ginn who remains a great dual kickoff/punt returner and at least provides some speed for times when we are playing from behind and need a quick strike at WR (I see him as essentially a #6 receiver).

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Not sure if I like Jacobs or Dixon (1 goal line back will be cut) much more than Ward if we can get him to play for the vet minimum. Ward is much more what you look for in a #3 guy as he is an unselfish guy who is great in the locker room and can perform if pressed into duty for a week or two. Jacobs became a cancer in NYC, Dixon brings character problems and will get frustrated rotting on the bench unless their is an injury. Cartwright is a special teamer and a good one (kickoffs and gunner) but I don't see us in the market for a 32 year old special teamer.

Alternatively it could be Ted Ginn who gets the boot if James is viewed as a returner. We could do worse than Ginn who remains a great dual kickoff/punt returner and at least provides some speed for times when we are playing from behind and need a quick strike at WR (I see him as essentially a #6 receiver).

I was lurking in the Niners board and one of their fans made a thread saying how there will be comp for the WR position, and Harbaugh said he isn't ready to give James the return job just yet. I think Ginn is a lock to make their team IMO.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

I was lurking in the Niners board and one of their fans made a thread saying how there will be comp for the WR position, and Harbaugh said he isn't ready to give James the return job just yet. I think Ginn is a lock to make their team IMO.

Hmm. Maybe because if he wasn't hurt vs. the Giants they could be Super Bowl champs right now? Hard to believe Kyle Williams is still there.

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Marciano was on texans all access today and said Meggett is a dark horses for returning kicks. Watching his tape I'd love for him to get a shot.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
kenney

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Joe Marciano was on texans all access today and said Meggett is a dark horses for returning kicks. Watching his tape I'd love for him to get a shot.

And both he and Rick Smith have strongly indicated that Eddie Pleasant is a safe bet to make the roster.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

And both he and Rick Smith have strongly indicated that Eddie Pleasant is a safe bet to make the roster.

So thats means we will carry 5 safeties? (Manning, Quin, Nolan, Demps, Pleasant)
I honestly never was a fan of Pleasant having seeing him when I watch Oregon play. He can't cover, but he is pretty good at run defense.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

So by definition that would mean that two amongst Quintin Demps, Troy Nolan, and Shiloh Keo are not safe bets (the latter 2 in my book). Pleasant certainly has upside potential, but like most of our backup safeties over the years he simply doesn't possess the speed to ever be anything more than an in the box safety and special teamer (aka Dom Barber). If anything happens to Manning or Quin we are going to be highly vulnerable to TEs down the seam as none of our backup S's have speed or coverage skills to hang with the faster TEs.

kenney

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

So by definition that would mean that two amongst Quintin Demps, Troy Nolan, and Shiloh Keo are not safe bets (the latter 2 in my book). Pleasant certainly has upside potential, but like most of our backup safeties over the years he simply doesn't possess the speed to ever be anything more than an in the box safety and special teamer (aka Dom Barber). If anything happens to Manning or Quin we are going to be highly vulnerable to TEs down the seam as none of our backup S's have speed or coverage skills to hang with the faster TEs.

I agree, and I have to think Keo is the odd man out. Neither Demps nor Nolan are particularly fast, but they've both at least shown something as spot starters and cover guys.

I like Oregon and watch their games when I can, but nothing about Pleasant sticks out in my mind. I can't imagine that he'd be any worse than Shiloh Keo, though. A quick glance at internet scouting reports make Pleasant sound a lot like Keo, actually. Maybe a tiny bit faster.

I just think it's interesting that we keep taking these slow safeties--and not just because we're forced to because there are none better, but rather that Marciano indicated that the Texans looked into drafting Pleasant (whether over Mondek or via some kind of trade back into the bottom of the draft, I don't know).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: