Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Current 53 Man Roster (Week 16)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As im updating this, I was wondering do the guys on our PS make the off season roster? I know some of them signed future contracts, but what about the likes of Supernaw, Brock, and Hunter?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
As im updating this, I was wondering do the guys on our PS make the off season roster? I know some of them signed future contracts, but what about the likes of Supernaw, Brock, and Hunter?

I believe Hunter is under contract, but not Brock or Supernaw

Looked here as a source: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/yearly/
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cody has successful back surgery last week to hopefully solve his back problems. I would bring him back if he takes somewhere around the vet min. then move Mitchell to DE and then draft a NT to groom.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/08/shaun-cody-had-back-surgery-last-week/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know anything about Brad Johnson, Green Bay ILB. He was pushed into a starting role with all their injuries this year and played pretty well. He's young (26) and shouldn't command alot of money.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Anybody know anything about Brad Johnson, Green Bay ILB. He was pushed into a starting role with all their injuries this year and played pretty well. He's young (26) and shouldn't command alot of money.

Brad Jones is a player who I hope we target. But I think most of the NFL is now aware of what he can do after this past season.

He was drafted as an OLB by GB out of U. of Colorado. Great athleticism, but didn't really pan out as an OLB (despite some initial success as a rookie). GB suffered injuries at ILB so they moved him there in desperation and he had a REALLY good season.

I was hoping that teams wouldn't pay attention, but many of the articles I see online talk about his abilities and his price. I am sure he and his agents are reading those some articles and price is climbing higher as we speak.
treece300e

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

If you're talking about Brad Jones, then he wasn't awful, but I don't think he'd be much of an upgrade over some of the LBs we have currently. I watched every GB game this year, and he was often out of position, missed tackles, or not doing his job in coverage. He isn't always bad, but he does make quite a few mistakes. If we could get him cheap, as depth, I wouldn't be upset, but he isn't worth even a medium-sized contract in my opinion.
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

If you're talking about Brad Jones, then he wasn't awful, but I don't think he'd be much of an upgrade over some of the LBs we have currently. I watched every GB game this year, and he was often out of position, missed tackles, or not doing his job in coverage. He isn't always bad, but he does make quite a few mistakes. If we could get him cheap, as depth, I wouldn't be upset, but he isn't worth even a medium-sized contract in my opinion.

Not sure if you were watching the same player.
Quote:
As an outside linebacker, Jones was something of a flop in Green Bay. He wasn't cut out for setting the edge and consistently generating pressure.
As an inside linebacker, he was a huge success story. Starting the season as the No. 4 guy, injuries to Desmond Bishop and D.J. Smith meant he found himself starting, and it wasn't long before he was relegating A.J. Hawk to the bench as he assumed an every-down role. His role saw him dealing head-on with linemen and blockers at the second level, while the gimme tackles went to Hawk. That didn't stop Jones from posting a run stop percentage score better than the likes of Daryl Washington while finishing the year as our 11th-ranked inside linebacker.
He's a starter in this league, and the Packers' depth may make him expendable.
per espn / pff

I'll agree he wasn't the absolute best in coverage.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After updating the current roster, I'm officially leaning towards freak out mode..... Shocked Confused

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the coaching staff loving Sonny Harris last training camp, until his injury? The more and more I look at the DL the more I think we won't draft anyone unless someone falls and we can't pass.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad I finally get to move Keo down the depth chart

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is Fred Jones?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
who is Fred Jones?

Idk what you're talking about Pastor Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the draft is over and we've officially signed 24 UDFA's we are almost set for OTA's in mid May.

If my math is correct, we are at 88 players. That leaves 2 spots for vets. 1 ILB and 1 WR most likely.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about adding another WR. I would prefer signing another boundary CB for the Jason Allen / Alan Ball role or another kicker for extra competition for Bullock.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
I don't know about adding another WR. I would prefer signing another boundary CB for the Jason Allen / Alan Ball role or another kicker for extra competition for Bullock.

Ya, kinda forgot about CB.

I think we might roll with just Bullock, he needs the reps and practice seeing as he missed his rookie year with the injury.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: