Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Guaranteed 2013 Mock Draft (Updated 04/04 bottom pg 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39793
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: s Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Here's a mock I came up with - not having anything to do with the above referenced mock/template. Just an actual one I wanted to keep in this thread:

___________

I start off with a trade: 49ers trade picks #31, #74, and #157 (from IND) to Chicago for pick #20.

1) Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas -

2a) Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford -

2b) Jonathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia -

3) Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn -

4A) Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina -

4B) William Gholston, DE, Michigan St.

6A) Jonathan Stewart, ILB, Texas A&M

6B) Marc Anthony, CB, California

7A) Sam Brenner, G, Utah

7B) Cooper Taylor, S, Richmond

7C) Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida


- Even though Vacarro's value has slightly increased for me in the last few weeks, I just don't like moving up so far and for so much to get him here. I really don't think he's far and away that superior to a few others that we could wait for and select at 31 or 34. So that gets a C from me.

- Ertz at 34 is okay by me. I do like him enough to smile at this one. B

- Nothing wrong with the value on Jenkins here in late rd 2. I just don't know how the roster shakes out each week? Guess Ian W or Jon J. is inactive most weeks? How many DL are we carrying on our 53? B

- would be really great value for Lemonier in late 3. Honestly, he could be gone at the end of rd 2, so hellz yeah! A

- A for Lattimore... D for Gholston. Don't like what I am seeing and reading of him.

- pretty much all A grades on the rest...
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 2417
Location: UCI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same first two picks in the mock I did last week. I absolutely love Lemonier at OLB I think he is going to be the biggest defensive steal. All around I think this is a very realistic one with where everyone is going to land so good work.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 3999
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the trade up for a S, and really do not understand the hype behind Vaccaro. I don't mind trading up, but I prefer it be for the DL. There are other safeties (available later) I like a LOT better than Vaccaro. Rambo (LOVE this kid--though he does need to prove he has straightened up and that he can wrap up), Phillip Thomas, McDonald(probably more of a Whitner replacement, though and for the future), perhaps Cyprien.
Ertz--of course you knew I was going to like that pick.
Sturgis won't last til the 7th.
Wary of the Gholston name...and Lattimore's injury history.
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draft wishes:1st-Beckham/Cooks,Fuller/Verrett;2nd-T. Murphy,Moncrief,Su'a-Filo,M. Smith;3rd-Abbrederis,Ben Gardner,J.Watkins,T. Reilly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift21


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 1068
Location: SF
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
I don't like the trade up for a S, and really do not understand the hype behind Vaccaro. I don't mind trading up, but I prefer it be for the DL. There are other safeties (available later) I like a LOT better than Vaccaro. Rambo (LOVE this kid--though he does need to prove he has straightened up and that he can wrap up), Phillip Thomas, McDonald(probably more of a Whitner replacement, though and for the future), perhaps Cyprien.
Ertz--of course you knew I was going to like that pick.
Sturgis won't last til the 7th.
Wary of the Gholston name...and Lattimore's injury history.


You and me both. I don't think he'll be substantially better than Eric Reid who we can get at 31 or 34.
_________________

SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22644
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
I don't like the trade up for a S, and really do not understand the hype behind Vaccaro. I don't mind trading up, but I prefer it be for the DL. There are other safeties (available later) I like a LOT better than Vaccaro. Rambo (LOVE this kid--though he does need to prove he has straightened up and that he can wrap up), Phillip Thomas, McDonald(probably more of a Whitner replacement, though and for the future), perhaps Cyprien.
Ertz--of course you knew I was going to like that pick.
Sturgis won't last til the 7th.
Wary of the Gholston name...and Lattimore's injury history.


McDonald over Vaccaro?! I just don't see it. I love Rambo too, but I don't see him starting day 1. I could see him potentially being better than Vaccaro in the future, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 3999
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
I don't like the trade up for a S, and really do not understand the hype behind Vaccaro. I don't mind trading up, but I prefer it be for the DL. There are other safeties (available later) I like a LOT better than Vaccaro. Rambo (LOVE this kid--though he does need to prove he has straightened up and that he can wrap up), Phillip Thomas, McDonald(probably more of a Whitner replacement, though and for the future), perhaps Cyprien.
Ertz--of course you knew I was going to like that pick.
Sturgis won't last til the 7th.
Wary of the Gholston name...and Lattimore's injury history.


McDonald over Vaccaro?! I just don't see it. I love Rambo too, but I don't see him starting day 1. I could see him potentially being better than Vaccaro in the future, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on that.


Did you read all of the bold? I see McDonald as more of a Whitner replacement if/when we replace him. I think Rambo is already the ballhawk-type of safety we are looking for. He needs to finish tackles but the kid hits HARD and makes INTs. I honestly think he is the best S in this draft for replacing Goldson.
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draft wishes:1st-Beckham/Cooks,Fuller/Verrett;2nd-T. Murphy,Moncrief,Su'a-Filo,M. Smith;3rd-Abbrederis,Ben Gardner,J.Watkins,T. Reilly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22644
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
I don't like the trade up for a S, and really do not understand the hype behind Vaccaro. I don't mind trading up, but I prefer it be for the DL. There are other safeties (available later) I like a LOT better than Vaccaro. Rambo (LOVE this kid--though he does need to prove he has straightened up and that he can wrap up), Phillip Thomas, McDonald(probably more of a Whitner replacement, though and for the future), perhaps Cyprien.
Ertz--of course you knew I was going to like that pick.
Sturgis won't last til the 7th.
Wary of the Gholston name...and Lattimore's injury history.


McDonald over Vaccaro?! I just don't see it. I love Rambo too, but I don't see him starting day 1. I could see him potentially being better than Vaccaro in the future, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on that.


Did you read all of the bold? I see McDonald as more of a Whitner replacement if/when we replace him. I think Rambo is already the ballhawk-type of safety we are looking for. He needs to finish tackles but the kid hits HARD and makes INTs. I honestly think he is the best S in this draft for replacing Goldson.


Yeah I did, which is another reason why I'm a bit confused as to why you want him over Vaccaro. We don't need a Whitner replacement now, we need starting FS. I agree with you on Rambo, and think he can be our starter in the future, but I'm not confident in him starting. I guess I just don't see why you want McDonald over Vaccaro, because imo, Vaccaro is more pro-ready and versatile than he is.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 13744
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There appeas to be differing opinions on who is the second best safety. But there is a pretty verwhelming consensus that Vaccaro is clearly better than all of them. With Goldson gone and no one particularly good behind him, I think we'd be going after the best S out there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6382
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
There appeas to be differing opinions on who is the second best safety. But there is a pretty verwhelming consensus that Vaccaro is clearly better than all of them. With Goldson gone and no one particularly good behind him, I think we'd be going after the best S out there.


I think the question to ask is will Vaccaro be that much of an improvement over any other S we can take at 31 or 34? That is, is there better value with a 1, 3, and 5 (as Y2's trade), or just a 1 or 2?

I won't pretend to know, and it'll be interesting to see how Baalke feels. A 1+3+5 is a lot though. Especially for a FS. Think about it this way- would you trade a 1, 3, and 5 for a guy like Weddle, Goldson, or Thomas (the top FS's in the game) assuming they were young (23-25ish). For comparison SEA gave up a 1+3+7 for Harvin and some feel thats an overpayment.
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SFaithful97


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 2975
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
There appeas to be differing opinions on who is the second best safety. But there is a pretty verwhelming consensus that Vaccaro is clearly better than all of them. With Goldson gone and no one particularly good behind him, I think we'd be going after the best S out there.


I think the question to ask is will Vaccaro be that much of an improvement over any other S we can take at 31 or 34? That is, is there better value with a 1, 3, and 5 (as Y2's trade), or just a 1 or 2?

I won't pretend to know, and it'll be interesting to see how Baalke feels. A 1+3+5 is a lot though. Especially for a FS. Think about it this way- would you trade a 1, 3, and 5 for a guy like Weddle, Goldson, or Thomas (the top FS's in the game) assuming they were young (23-25ish). For comparison SEA gave up a 1+3+7 for Harvin and some feel thats an overpayment.
For me the answer to that question depends entirely on the team situation. For our team (this offseason), draft picks have significantly less value in quantity than quality. We have so few roster spots available, that unless it is a surprising prospect that shows something none of the scouts anticipated late round picks (after round 3) have a low chance of making the active roster. Because we have so many picks this year, it gives us a flexibility to go after whatever prospects we like outside of the top 10 to make sure we fill what few spots we have almost regardless of cost (key word = almost). To answer your question directly, I would absolutely give up a 1st and 3rd round pick (and more) if it assured us a to FS on a rookie contract for 4 years. Now I am not saying we should try and throw away our picks to move up surreptitiously to fill our spots, but if there is a guy we feel is an all-pro in the making there is no need to shy away from the cost to acquire him.

If we were rebuilding however, the quantity of picks is would be much more important. Give your lineup an infusion of as many talented players as you can. Hopefully more of them work out than not, and you can turn your roster around quickly. Likely you will hit on a few star players as well, but even if not chances are you at least build a solid core of players to add stars to as you can.
_________________

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39793
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, if we do this and move up for Vacarro? I'll be momentarily disappointed. But, soon after, I'll accept that SF is bound to have better scouts and film than me... so then I'll be optimistic and blah blah blah.

... but from my perspective, although I accept that Vacarro is the top ranked safety? I feel like Swearinger or Eric Reid can be just as good or even better. So, I'd like us to not move up that far for Vacarro. If we are to move up? Give me a Datone J, Eifert, or Richardson.
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 9721
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
For me, if we do this and move up for Vacarro? I'll be momentarily disappointed. But, soon after, I'll accept that SF is bound to have better scouts and film than me... so then I'll be optimistic and blah blah blah.

... but from my perspective, although I accept that Vacarro is the top ranked safety? I feel like Swearinger or Eric Reid can be just as good or even better. So, I'd like us to not move up that far for Vacarro. If we are to move up? Give me a Datone J, Eifert, or Richardson.


Now, I love all three players, but Richardson does not seem likely to slip past the Panthers according to every single mock draft that has ever existed for 2013, so for him it'd be more than just the 1st/3rd/5th in all liklihood. For Eifert, I'm not quite understanding why you'd be willing to do a 1st/3rd/5th for a 2nd TE over a starting FS. And for both him and Jones, there's no difference in the gap between Jones/next best DE, Eifert/next best TE, and Vacarro/next best S, IMO. So that leaves me questioning why you'd be okay with selecting Jones or Eifert when we have Justin and Vernon over Vaccaro when we have this ---> ????

Not really trying to put down your opinion, as again - I'd be more than happy with Datone Jones, and Richardson/Eifert are my 1A/1B favorites this year. I guess I'm just curious as to why you would be willing to trade up for backups over a starter, when I don't see the bigger gap between those players and the next best.

Now of course, I'm assuming all our current CBs are staying CBs and we don't pick up anyone in the meantime.
_________________


Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39793
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Eifert, Jones, and Richardson can be very special players. I also should have stated that when I say trade up? I am talking about trading up to the 20-25 range... so not giving up that much.

Many fans... most fans see a big zip/zero/nothing at FS currently. I see things differently.. though, granted.. just based on optimism. I actually think guys like Spillman and Trent Robinson can step in and surprise people. Maybe not.

That probably cleared up very little for you, y2... but mind wanders around, so feel free to let me know if I wandered far from your point.
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 3999
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
I don't like the trade up for a S, and really do not understand the hype behind Vaccaro. I don't mind trading up, but I prefer it be for the DL. There are other safeties (available later) I like a LOT better than Vaccaro. Rambo (LOVE this kid--though he does need to prove he has straightened up and that he can wrap up), Phillip Thomas, McDonald(probably more of a Whitner replacement, though and for the future), perhaps Cyprien.
Ertz--of course you knew I was going to like that pick.
Sturgis won't last til the 7th.
Wary of the Gholston name...and Lattimore's injury history.


McDonald over Vaccaro?! I just don't see it. I love Rambo too, but I don't see him starting day 1. I could see him potentially being better than Vaccaro in the future, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on that.


Did you read all of the bold? I see McDonald as more of a Whitner replacement if/when we replace him. I think Rambo is already the ballhawk-type of safety we are looking for. He needs to finish tackles but the kid hits HARD and makes INTs. I honestly think he is the best S in this draft for replacing Goldson.


Yeah I did, which is another reason why I'm a bit confused as to why you want him over Vaccaro. We don't need a Whitner replacement now, we need starting FS. I agree with you on Rambo, and think he can be our starter in the future, but I'm not confident in him starting. I guess I just don't see why you want McDonald over Vaccaro, because imo, Vaccaro is more pro-ready and versatile than he is.


Except Whitner is in the last year of his contract...that is why I made McDonald relevant. Prepare for his possible departure. Why not replace both safeties in one draft if we are not going to bring Whitner back?
Sorry if it confused you. I'm not saying McDonald is better than Vaccaro. I just don't want to draft Vaccaro when I see guys who could be better (IMO) and taken lower...Baccari Rambo. I'm not certain ANY rookie will start this season at S.
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draft wishes:1st-Beckham/Cooks,Fuller/Verrett;2nd-T. Murphy,Moncrief,Su'a-Filo,M. Smith;3rd-Abbrederis,Ben Gardner,J.Watkins,T. Reilly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
4evera9er


Joined: 19 Sep 2011
Posts: 207
Location: Sydney, Australia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: s Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Here's a mock I came up with - not having anything to do with the above referenced mock/template. Just an actual one I wanted to keep in this thread:

___________

I start off with a trade: 49ers trade picks #31, #74, and #157 (from IND) to Chicago for pick #20.


1) Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas -

First off, I know this is a pricey trade, but it would be about what is required to get it done, assuming neither side gets greedy, and I am going to attempt to justify it. In Mel Kiper's most recent mock (not someone I trust 100%, I just used it as a guide), he has Vaccaro skipping past the Rams at 16, and falling back to them at 22. First off, I don't believe they'll skip over him at 16, and I definitely don't believe he'd get past the Bengals at 21. However, I just went with the concept that the Rams would roll the dice and let him pass.


I think that's a trade the Bears would jump on. There is the possibility they lose out on either Ogletree or Teo to Minnesota but then there's always a possibility one is still there at 31 (or trade up again). I think the Rams take Tavon Austin or Cordarelle Patterson with their first pick and rely on BPA at 22 or trade back and take another safety.

BTW loved your initial post Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group