Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fernando Velasco Fan Club - One Lineman, One Legend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stated how horrible Amano was for a while now. Good to finally see some people agreeing with that.
Finnerception

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
Sig bet time...
I sig bet anyone on this forum, that if Amano starts game 1 this year, he WILL make the pro bowl, or at least be selected for it if its not played.

Very nice, I laughed.

You better get your connections in the Philippines to realize this guy exists so they'll stuff the ballot for him if you want a chance.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rage:

On Amano bandwagon? No

Thinks Amano has been horrible at C? Yes

Thinks he's playing out of position, and when anyone lines up directly over him, snapping the ball then getting in position is too much for him? Yes

Think he'd benefit and go back to previous levels with a switch to G? Yes

Think he was a "good" G? Yes. Of course, the word "good" is subjective. I don't think he was an all star or even among the top tiers of G's. But I do think he was a top 25 guard during the 08 and 09 seasons (considering there are 62 starting guards in the NFL and at least 50 more reserve G's, 25th best is definitely above average).

So yes, I agree he's a horrible C and a replacement should be focus number one through the preseason. But I do think he has value if/when moved back to G, where he doesn't have to worry about snapping and making line calls (which he's done a good job of, evident by a small % of fumbled snaps and the impressive sack numbers from the line, and blitz pickup effectiveness), and can just focus on getting into his post snap position.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys...there is just not nearly enough Fernando Velasco praise taking place right now. This is ridiculous. When I wake up, I want at least 10 new posts about the greatness that is Fernando Antonio Velasco.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After thinking it over, I've decided to join the Fernando Velasco fan club. His name alone is enough for him to be the starter. Kevin Matthews name is too basic and we should never start anyone whose first and last name begins with a vowel (Eugene Amano). His name initials is also FAV so he should be the favorite to win the job.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
TitansAllDay

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT ARE YALL TALKING ABOUT?

Amano is one of the best C in the game...

I mean atleast thats what his contract says(Top 5 salary for C's)

Pssshhhh.....God i wish we drafted Konz
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-AFCTeamNeeds2012/13/
Quote:
Leroy Harris is moving to right guard, the aging Steve Hutchinson is a stopgap at left guard and the center position is a competition between Eugene Amano and Fernando Velasco.

www.tennessean.com/article/20120407/SPORTS01/304070027/Tennessee-Titans-Derrick-Morgan-likes-team-s-moves-defensive-line
Quote:
Linebacker Tim Shaw, who signed a new three-year contract this week, had a busy March.

It included a trip to Haiti with Chiefs tight end Kevin Boss. They were part of a goodwill mission for the support organization Loving Haiti. Shaw worked on a fence project and did other manual labor during his weeklong stay, but that was just a part of it.

“We brought them a bunch of shoes and things like that,” Shaw said. “But pretty much we just loved on the kids all week and tried to help them any way we could.”

Shaw also went to Costa Rica with Titans offensive lineman Fernando Velasco, team chaplain Reggie Pleasant and a number of other NFL players for a football clinic.

Spending part of his valuable offseason on a goodwill trip to Haiti? Not just a good center, but a great human being.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/titans-c-amano-notice-195050454--nfl.html
Quote:
If they don’t address the position in the draft and elect not to add Faine, expect backup Fernando Velasco to give Amano a run for his money this offseason. One source said he was surprised the 27-year-old Velasco, whom the Titans are high on, hasn’t gotten a better opportunity until now.

Ladies and gentlemen (possibly only gentlemen Laughing), let the battle begin.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1089355-tennessee-titans-why-eugene-amano-must-not-remain-a-starter

Seriously, how many interior offensive linemen have entire articles about why they can't remain a starter? Answer: One.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And even more important news: The search "Eugene Amano Terrible" yields 4.24 million results on google. Yes, 4.24 million.

Eugene Amano Worst - 1.15 million.

Eugene Amano Release - 3.16 million.

Fernando Velasco is better than Eugene Amano - 150,000. (Yes, with this very thread the first thing listed)
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Titans C Fernando Velasco is expected to compete for a starting job in 2012.
The Titans aren't overly thrilled with holdover Eugene Amano, and Velasco projects as his direct backup going into training camp. Pro Football Focus graded Amano as the least effective center in the NFL on a per-play basis. Velasco appeared in all 16 games last season, making zero starts.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

The least effective center in the NFL. Even PFF grades him accurately. Four more months until we head into the season with Velasco snapping the ball.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't posted in this for awhile, but I won't let it drop until #54 no longer has a job. Going to just keep the faith that Munch will do what's best.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/19390562

Quote:
Although OL Fernando Velasco has played sparingly since his first career start in 2010 vs. the Cowboys, he could be poised for a breakout season. Velasco will be a key reserve at OG and may also contend for the starting C spot. “He played very well in the Dallas game,” coach Mike Munchak said. “That's the thing, we have confidence in him.”
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. Wake me up when training camp starts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
I've stated how horrible Amano was for a while now. Good to finally see some people agreeing with that.

Lol, I feel like a lot of people have stated how horrible Amano is for a while now...like years and years...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Agent wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Lol, I feel like a lot of people have stated how horrible Amano is for a while now...like years and years...
I believe this will be year #5. Laughing

With that said, I really think this is the first time he has a legitimate chance of losing his job. We have brought in a bunch of centers and Munchak has made it a point to mention that Velasco and Matthews are in a competition more than once this offseason. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm probably going to get my hopes up.

Sidenote: This is the photo on Eugene Amano's wikipedia page.

How fitting.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: