Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Undrafted Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustisM

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard you guys got Myles Wade, this true?
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
hdshot wrote:
moomin wrote:
anyone hear anything about where bo levi mitchell ended up? if anywhere?

Sounds like CFL is becoming more of a reality for him. He claims Calgary wants him.

Bo is singing oh Canada.

http://www.stampeders.com/article/stamps-sign-award-winning-qb

With his diminutive size, Canada is perfect for him. It's a totally different game up there. More like college football than NFL level. He should get to know Russell Wilson, so he could tell him what to expect, when Wilson ends up there as well.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Portland State DT Myles Wade contacted by 15 teams recently, including: Eagles Titans Falcons Steelers Packers Seahawks Cardinals Texans

Quote:
We're hearing from Aaron Wilson of Scout.com and @RavensInsider twitter account tonight that the Seahawks have landed Myles Wade to a free agent contract.

Position: DT
Height: 6-1
Weight: 300
Class: Graduate Student
Hometown: Portland, OR
High School: Central Catholic

Quote:
Has 5.05 speed, and did 42 reps of 225 pounds, 35.5 vertical, 9'1" broad jump, 4.6 Shuttle

Just for some perspective, his 40 time is faster than that of Michael Brockers, Marcus Forston, Akiem Hicks, Jerel Worthy, and Devon Still.

His broad jump is better than Dontari Poe, Brandon Thompson, Billy Winn, Derek Wolfe, Jerel Worthy, Cam Johnson!, Malik Jackson, Jaye Howard, Jared Crick, Fletcher Cox, and Michael Brockers. It is TIED with Melvin Ingram and Quinton Coples.

He put up more bench reps than any DLinemen at the Combine not named Dontari Poe.

His shuttle was better than Nick Perry and Quinton Coples.

Quote:
Judging by the back story on Wade, if this kid makes the Seahawks roster one day it will be every bit as jaw dropping as 1st round picks Bruce Irvin's story.

Quote:
Wade helped bring PSU's run defense from one of the worst in the FCS to one of the best (19th).

Video of his Pro Day

I guess the only question is how the hell did this kid not get drafted.

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Tue May 01, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
So what's the official word with Tauren Poole? Is he ours?

Nope he's a Panther.

the panthers have one hell of a back field. Williams, Stewart, Goodson, Tolbert, Poole and oh Cam Newton

They traded Goodson, but yea.

i feel bad i didnt know that Laughing im 10 minutes from the Panthers stadium

WINTER IS COMING
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Quote:
Portland State DT Myles Wade contacted by 15 teams recently, including: Eagles Titans Falcons Steelers Packers Seahawks Cardinals Texans

Quote:
We're hearing from Aaron Wilson of Scout.com and @RavensInsider twitter account tonight that the Seahawks have landed Myles Wade to a free agent contract.

Position: DT
Height: 6-1
Weight: 300
Class: Graduate Student
Hometown: Portland, OR
High School: Central Catholic

Quote:
Has 5.05 speed, and did 42 reps of 225 pounds, 35.5 vertical, 9'1" broad jump, 4.6 Shuttle

Just for some perspective, his 40 time is faster than that of Michael Brockers, Marcus Forston, Akiem Hicks, Jerel Worthy, and Devon Still.

His broad jump is better than Dontari Poe, Brandon Thompson, Billy Winn, Derek Wolfe, Jerel Worthy, Cam Johnson!, Malik Jackson, Jaye Howard, Jared Crick, Fletcher Cox, and Michael Brockers. It is TIED with Melvin Ingram and Quinton Coples.

He put up more bench reps than any DLinemen at the Combine not named Dontari Poe.

His shuttle was better than Nick Perry and Quinton Coples.

Quote:
Judging by the back story on Wade, if this kid makes the Seahawks roster one day it will be every bit as jaw dropping as 1st round picks Bruce Irvin's story.

Quote:
Wade helped bring PSU's run defense from one of the worst in the FCS to one of the best (19th).

Video of his Pro Day

His stats are extremely unimpressive. Especially for such low level competititon.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
His stats are extremely unimpressive. Especially for such low level competititon.

So are Poe's and he was a 1st round pick.

How about the stat that he turned one of the worst FCS run defenses into one of the best over night?

Guess who else doesn't put up great stats? Red Bryant, but we all know what he means to this run defense.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

So are Poe's and he was a 1st round pick.

How about the stat that he turned one of the worst FCS run defenses into one of the best over night?

Guess who else doesn't put up great stats? Red Bryant, but we all know what he means to this run defense.

I know Poe's were, which is why I didn't have him ranked in my top 175 players. How he suckered some team into drafting him that high is ridiculous!

So none of the other defensive players on the team get any credit? That's pretty short sided. I believe it was a team effort, especially on the defensive side of the football, where there is no one, driving force, like a QB.

Red Bryant also switched positions from the one he played in college and found his niche in a specialized defense, only consistently run, by one NFL team. Bryant's immense size and the fact that he played in a major conference against great competition, was also a big factor in his success.

I'm not saying Wade can't eventually be a good role player, I'm simply telling you why he wasn't drafted.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I'm not saying Wade can't eventually be a good role player, I'm simply telling you why he wasn't drafted.

Right, because the other 253 picks ALL have great production Rolling Eyes That's why he didn't get drafted. Even though 15 teams called him immediately after the draft, showing he was heavily sought after.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was responding to this direct quote, from you.

Quote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I was responding to this direct quote, from you.
Quote:

I understand that Laughing And what I'm saying is that PLENTY of players that lacked production were still chosen in the draft, such as the 11th overall pick.
JustisM

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wade played at Oregon, Arizona Western, Texas Tech and Portland State if anyone cares. He has a pretty big back story too
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/196997327049863169

Quote:
Undrafted Portland State defensive tackle Myles Wade is going to try out for the Buccaneers at their rookie minicamp, per a league source.

http://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/196997601151819777

Quote:
Myles Wade was initially going to go to the Seahawks, but the Buccaneers showed more interest through GM Mark Dominik, DL coach

I was coming in to see if you guys had any info on him. So I thought I would share this with you as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
http://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/196997327049863169

Quote:
Undrafted Portland State defensive tackle Myles Wade is going to try out for the Buccaneers at their rookie minicamp, per a league source.

http://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/196997601151819777

Quote:
Myles Wade was initially going to go to the Seahawks, but the Buccaneers showed more interest through GM Mark Dominik, DL coach

I was coming in to see if you guys had any info on him. So I thought I would share this with you as well.
'

Yes! Anyone but the Seachickens!
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now I'm upset Laughing
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/4/30/2986967/seattle-seahawks-2012-undrafted-free-agent-phil-bates-a-potential

Huge Write up on Phil Bates, Seahawks new WR via UDFA

Here's a clip(i recommend you read the full article):

Quote:
The Seahawks didn't take a receiver in this year's draft, so any touchdown makers acquired in undrafted free agency, I think, require some attention, especially after the success of Doug Baldwin and Ricardo Lockette last year. Jermaine Kearse and Lavasier Tuinei drew attention as northwest products signed post-draft this year, but free agent Phil Bates from Ohio caught my eye. Yes these are just UDFA, but I do think it's worth entertaining one or two of these guys could make the roster/remain in the program, or perhaps up the competition level and push someone out. It's been documented part of the Seahawks' goal is develop and promote players in-house, and we know that it's not only the drafted players that matter.

Bates is listed as a wide receiver on the official announcement, yet his ESPN stats page has him as a quarterback. The listing of quarterback brings intrigue but in reality neither term does justice to the type of player he is; an explosive player as a runner, receiver and thrower, a raw gadget-type threat with upside. If Bates can stay healthy and take advantage of the opportunity, at 6'1" 220 pounds - with 32 3/8 inch arms, 10.5 inch hands, 75 1/4 wingspan - he's rather unique and could prove worth developing.

Everything there is to know about this guy is in this article, including highlights. Highly recommened

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: