Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rankings are a joke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravens-01

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Rankings are a joke Reply with quote

I have watched the ESPN and NFL Network experts give the Steelers kudos for their draft. I'm totally confused by that. Yes! Decastro was a GREAT pick but let's look at the rest of their draft. Adams is a drug addict that lied at the combine, an undersized LB that is too small for a 3-4, a NT with a history of injuries and was the starting DT that gave up over 300 yeards rushing 4 times this year and an undersized RB with major off the field issues. How does one pick DeCastro equal a great draft. Oh by the way there was no everydown running back taken with Mendenhall hurt. Rankings are a joke.
B-More_2011

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Rankings are a joke Reply with quote

Ravens-01 wrote:
I have watched the ESPN and NFL Network experts give the Steelers kudos for their draft. I'm totally confused by that. Yes! Decastro was a GREAT pick but let's look at the rest of their draft. Adams is a drug addict that lied at the combine, an undersized LB that is too small for a 3-4, a NT with a history of injuries and was the starting DT that gave up over 300 yeards rushing 4 times this year and an undersized RB with major off the field issues. How does one pick DeCastro equal a great draft. Oh by the way there was no everydown running back taken with Mendenhall hurt. Rankings are a joke.

Though I am a proud believer that Marijuana is "addictive", this is a little extreme. It's college, and when looking past the scouting and numbers that these players produce, we tend to forget that these are indeed still kids trying to figure the world out. I have no idea if Adams is actually addicted to Marijuana, but you shouldn't just throw something out there like that, even if he's a Steeler now.

But on to the main point, who carse what these so=called "experts" think about our draft? The only "expert opinion" that matters is Ozzie's, and he obviously thinks that we drafted some special players over the last couple of days, so I'll take the guy who has built a championship team over Michael Lombardi, who lost his job to Ozzie and is now watching him succeed, while Lombardi is no better than any of us posters on FF.
Where are the Chiefs at #11?

Nobody cares about the Chiefs.
trbst11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Rankings are a joke Reply with quote

Ravens-01 wrote:

They are a joke but we love them when they go our way. Steeler fans are ecstatic with the draft and most sites and so called experts agree they drafted well. So did the ravens and the bengals. Steelers filled needs with value picks. You are taking the one negative of every player to make your point. I could do the same with raven players like last years first round cb. All I know is ravens, steelers, and bengals all got better. Cleveland is going to have a very hard time competing in this division.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the important thing to remember with these draft grades and ratings, is that it's all for fun. No one at this point actually KNOWS how a draft actually turned out. The only drafts we can accurately rate are those of the past. These are all projections and with that it is highly dependent upon how we viewed these prospects going into the draft.

So I think it's important to not take them too seriously. I'm sure Lardarius Webb was only graded a C+/B... or something like that back then by most observers... but flashforward to now and we're most certainly talking about AT LEAST an A- (year wasted to ACL).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Examples of why I posted this thread. This was printed by Fox Sports after last years draft.

Newton has a long way to go before hes ready to play, but a strong running game will help him. WOW. What an analysis there.

Pittsburgh Steelers: B

Draft picks: DL Cameron Heyward (first round), OT Marcus Gilbert (second round), CB Curtis Brown (third round)

Analysis: The Steelers did a nice job of drafting for value, which is usually the case with this team. The first three draftees have a chance to start as rookies.

Heyward barely played and Curtis Brown barely dressed.

New Orleans Saints: B+

Draft picks: DE Cameron Jordan

Analysis: Jordan should prove to be a steal where they wound up getting him in the first round.

Jordan had 1 sack.
Mr. X

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys do realize that the Steelers rarely ever play rookies to saying last year's grade for them was terrible because Heyward barely played is inaccurate. Ziggy Hood didn't even play for two years but became a very good defensive lineman. Lawrence Timmons only had 13 tackles his rookie year. LaMarr Woodley played sparingly his rookie year but look at him now.

Now I'm not saying that draft grades should mean anything and I'm not saying that the Steelers are my new favorite team but they are a phenomenal drafting team.
trbst11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens-01 wrote:
Examples of why I posted this thread. This was printed by Fox Sports after last years draft.

Newton has a long way to go before hes ready to play, but a strong running game will help him. WOW. What an analysis there.

Pittsburgh Steelers: B

Draft picks: DL Cameron Heyward (first round), OT Marcus Gilbert (second round), CB Curtis Brown (third round)

Analysis: The Steelers did a nice job of drafting for value, which is usually the case with this team. The first three draftees have a chance to start as rookies.

Heyward barely played and Curtis Brown barely dressed.

New Orleans Saints: B+

Draft picks: DE Cameron Jordan

Analysis: Jordan should prove to be a steal where they wound up getting him in the first round.

Jordan had 1 sack.

Steeler rookies rarely start or even see much time. Troy polamalu didn't see the field much his rookie year. That writer is just bs ing his way through the article.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: