Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

S Chad Jones Cleared to play by personal doctor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pierre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: S Chad Jones Cleared to play by personal doctor Reply with quote

http://www.giants101.com/2012/02/15/new-york-giants-chad-jones-cleared-to-play-signs-two-year-extension/

Former LSU safety Chad Jones is cleared to play , after getting into a car accident in June 2010 , which almost killed him . He also has restructured his contract , details in the link above . Let's hope this kid can provide some more depth in the defensive backfield .

New York Giants
Hakeem Nicks
bigblueben

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some pretty impressive news. He's obviously got a helluva long way to go but he's clearly on the right tracks!

Jerry loves a feel good story Very Happy

mad props to Rase on the sig
KIWIhof

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news. I know he has a long way to go like bigbluefan said. But maybe he could contribute something on special teams this year.

When he was drafted I really felt he would be the first of the rookies to make an impact for the Giants. I think he would have been our Deon Grant this year if that accident never happened.

What a rookie class that was. Linval, JPP, Ballard and Cruz all started. And he might have too.
Pierre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadlocks of doom , finally getting a chance . He could even return kicks / punts for us as well , he's an option at least .

New York Giants
Hakeem Nicks
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre wrote:
Dreadlocks of doom , finally getting a chance . He could even return kicks / punts for us as well , he's an option at least .

^Joe_is_the_best
Pierre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that outlandish of a statement , when he was drafted , a lot of hype about his return game was brought about . Not saying its going to happen , but it's got potential , much like this young safety .

New York Giants
Hakeem Nicks
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre wrote:
It's not that outlandish of a statement , when he was drafted , a lot of hype about his return game was brought about . Not saying its going to happen , but it's got potential , much like this young safety .

We may be using him at LB instead...he'd have to put on some muscle but still. I've heard he's just waiting to hear what the Giants want him to do.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Pierre wrote:

We may be using him at LB instead...he'd have to put on some muscle but still. I've heard he's just waiting to hear what the Giants want him to do.

Yeah I heard that too , a few months ago , but we'll have to see , I'm sure he'd be happy to see playing time anywhere on the field .

New York Giants
Hakeem Nicks
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the other day about him getting a 2 year extension. Let me look. If that's the case, the giants are giving him the opportunity.

Oops! His girlfriend pulled a Gisele:
http://www.giants101.com/2012/02/15/new-york-giants-chad-jones-cleared-to-play-signs-two-year-extension/

He restructured his next two years.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
jacobsrules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to say I told ya so lol. Knew this kid would at least be back to give it a go. Hard worker and good all around kid. Excited to see what he can do. And i think hes at like 243 lbs. So maybe LB. He was waiting to hear from Giants to see wjere they want him to play. This could be a mega bonus for us if he pans out. If we get him and Austin back.at full strength , it would be like having two bonus high draft picks this year. Man if he could play linebacker it would give us another great cover LB or big in the box safety. If he gets all his speed back and loses some weight KR.

A real LB Giant Pride
Thanks Shockey 1979
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacobsrules wrote:
Hate to say I told ya so lol. Knew this kid would at least be back to give it a go. Hard worker and good all around kid. Excited to see what he can do. And i think hes at like 243 lbs. So maybe LB. He was waiting to hear from Giants to see wjere they want him to play. This could be a mega bonus for us if he pans out. If we get him and Austin back.at full strength , it would be like having two bonus high draft picks this year. Man if he could play linebacker it would give us another great cover LB or big in the box safety. If he gets all his speed back and loses some weight KR.

IMO. Easier to lose 10-15 pounds than gain 10-15 pounds.

Idc where he plays. I just want to see this story. Him and herzlich. Same team. That's enough motivation for any defense.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
7tou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigblueben wrote:
That's some pretty impressive news. He's obviously got a helluva long way to go but he's clearly on the right tracks!

Jerry loves a feel good story Very Happy
ReptarOnIce

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
jacobsrules wrote:

IMO. Easier to lose 10-15 pounds than gain 10-15 pounds.

Idc where he plays. I just want to see this story. Him and herzlich. Same team. That's enough motivation for any defense.

“We fly around all over the ball, we cause turnovers, we hit people." "We're just having a great time. That's why we're playing so well.” - Kenny Phillips
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Giants have signed UDFA's WR Brandon Collins, LB Jake Muasau and Safety Will Hill - Also, Chad Jones has been waived/failed physical

Maybe the Giants will give him a look once we get closer to training camp to see if he can pass a physical
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wut? Chad was waived? i thought he was going to be our punt returner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: