Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Undrafted Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ESKY008


Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 1236
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
I wonder why Chris Polk didnt get drafted?


I heard something about him having a medical issue. Not sure what it was but I think it's kind of like KP.


Shoulders. Eagles got him. They grabbed like 4 guys I wanted just before us. Curry, Boykin, Washington, Polk,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bagh


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 8186
Location: Toronto, Ontario (That's Canada folks )
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other NFC East teams have been able to get some decent signings under their belts.

On top of Polk to Philly.

You got Harris and adcock going there.

I know some of you guys wanted Minnifield, but apparently the redskins got him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13506
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Janzen Jackson, could be a great safety. Could also go to prison before camp starts lol but worth the risk imo..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Martinek I think is being brought in to be a RB. He's strong but he's way too light to be a FB. I read he's 6'0 215. Hynoski out weighs him by about 50 lbs.

He sounds good though...can catch, block and run well. They can do a lot of things with him.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Theken12


Joined: 25 Feb 2011
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="titwio"]Joe Martinek I think is being brought in to be a RB. He's strong but he's way too light to be a FB. I read he's 6'0 215. Hynoski out weighs him by about 50 lbs.

He sounds good though...can catch, block and run well. They can do a lot of things with him.[/quote]

I played against Martinek in high school. Athletic kid but he's just missing the "it" factor at the next level. Practice squad if anything
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tehzl


Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 149
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Martinek will be our brandon jacobs replacement in a couple years. Video shows he could be really good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen1985


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 1252
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Joe Martinek I think is being brought in to be a RB. He's strong but he's way too light to be a FB. I read he's 6'0 215. Hynoski out weighs him by about 50 lbs.

He sounds good though...can catch, block and run well. They can do a lot of things with him.


Seriously think tha Martinek will make the team....Could be a great special teams player
_________________


Thanks to Rase for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10031
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.giants101.com/2012/04/29/new-york-giants-sign-10-undrafted-rookie-free-agents/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10031
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little surprised we didn't bring in Chris Polk or James Brown TBH
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11854
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, like we drafted Adrien Robinson who is the JPP of TEs, Joe Martinek is the Chase Blackburn of RBs. High motor, character, and effort but not the most talented guy in the world. I could see him making the team.

EDIT: Especially since Andre Brown just got caught with drugs. If we carry 4 RBs, they could be Wilson, Bradshaw, Ware, and Martinek. Maybe even cut Ware and add Scott.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15641
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Love Janzen Jackson, could be a great safety. Could also go to prison before camp starts lol but worth the risk imo..

Giants must really like his tape considering he was charged for... ATTEMPTED ARMED ROBBERY!!! Granted, the charges were later dropped. But this is a bit more serious than getting caught with some dope.

But yeah, he looks great on tape. Throws his body around like he has no respect for his well being, even though he's about 190 pounds. Was a very highly recruited high school player. I'm rooting for him though.

Not particularly excited about any other UDFA.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11854
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Love Janzen Jackson, could be a great safety. Could also go to prison before camp starts lol but worth the risk imo..

Giants must really like his tape considering he was charged for... ATTEMPTED ARMED ROBBERY!!! Granted, the charges were later dropped. But this is a bit more serious than getting caught with some dope.

But yeah, he looks great on tape. Throws his body around like he has no respect for his well being, even though he's about 190 pounds. Was a very highly recruited high school player. I'm rooting for him though.

Not particularly excited about any other UDFA.


I really like Janzen Jackson and Julian Talley. 6.65 3 cone, 4.5 forty, 6-1, Umass receiver. We are stacked at WR as it is, but he may be able to be a Devin Thomas for us.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redsoxsuck05


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 8025
Location: LI
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Bryce Brown was a great HS recruit too...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13506
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:


I really like Janzen Jackson and Julian Talley. 6.65 3 cone, 4.5 forty, 6-1, Umass receiver. We are stacked at WR as it is, but he may be able to be a Devin Thomas for us.


Disappointed you arent in here slobbing all over Jersey Joe...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11854
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
minutemancl wrote:


I really like Janzen Jackson and Julian Talley. 6.65 3 cone, 4.5 forty, 6-1, Umass receiver. We are stacked at WR as it is, but he may be able to be a Devin Thomas for us.


Disappointed you arent in here slobbing all over Jersey Joe...


Eh, I'm committing to University of Delaware later today. The only Jersey Joe I can slobber over now is the one with the unibrow. Laughing I have to start easing myself away from Rutgers and onto UD.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group