Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Undrafted Free Agency Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Undrafted Free Agency Thread Reply with quote

Some of the official ones:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/13899/giants-have-10-undrafted-free-agents

DE Matt Broha, Louisiana Tech

Quote:
Broha is an interesting prospect. He had a pretty good year this year as he produced 45 total tackles (25 solo), 9.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 2 pass deflections. He’s got solid size at 6’4″, 255 pounds but he doesn’t have much edge speed and he looks very stiff rushing the passer at times. He struggled to get the edge and finish the rush at times, though initially he looks pretty good getting off the ball and using his hands to keep blockers off of him or using a pass rush move like a swim or a club move to gain an advantage. He doesn’t project as anything more than a late round pick or possible free agent to me, but with his size and solid hand usage he has a chance to make a roster. I just haven’t seen much that makes me think he will be a quality rotational guy at the next level.

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/tag/matt-broha/

WR David Douglas, Arizona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxxdxyvC5ZU

Quote:
The Wildcats' No. 2 receiver behind the more highly regarded Juron Criner, Douglas didn't have gaudy stats as a senior (65 catches for 666 yards and four touchdowns), but he flashed real potential this spring, running in the 4.4s with a 39-inch vertical leap. He has excellent short-burst quickness and the ability to find the gaps in a defense, and at 6-1, 207 pounds he has the necessary size to project to the NFL.

Douglas will be either a late-round pick or a priority collegiate free agent, and scouts have grown more impressed with his soft hands, tight route running and football instincts as the spring has worn on. The Lions and Bills are two of the teams thought to be interested in his market.

S Janzen Jackson, McNeese State

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=CB9C8B29-FC1D-5C38-82C4FC408A00B083

Quote:
Positives -- Came into college as one of the most highly touted players in all of the country... Has a nose for the football that you just can't teach, always around the ball and always doing positive things for the defense... Uses his body to its full effect when he gets a chance to lay a big hit on a receiver, 188
pounds of fury just flying into players... Still shows good form on tackles, uses his arms and shoulders about as well as you can... Very athletic, has the physical ability you look for in a top safety with his rare blend of speed and athleticism... Good hands for a defensive back, sometimes it just feels that the ball is attracted to his gloves... Not afraid to come upfield and help in run support... Not the biggest dog in the fight, but will take on anybody who steps in his path including offensive lineman... Surprising how durable he is, especially given the physicality that he plays with... Can provide some big plays in the return game, good vision on kick returns... Will play with a chip on his shoulder to prove that he belongs... Returned an interception 84 yards for a touchdown in McNeese State's final game of the season against Lamar... Played two seasons at Tennessee and performed well, including second-team All-SEC by the league coaches as a sophomore.

Negatives -- Character concerns may scare some teams off; left Tennessee after his sophomore season for personal reasons, but was reinstated, eventually dismissed from the team with reported substance abuse issues... Tends to go for the big hit too often, which is a problem when he does it in open field situations... Needs to be careful with his physicality to make sure he keeps himself healthy and on the field... A little wiry in his build, could stand to add about 10-12 pounds, just to get his body used to the everyday wear and tear of NFL life... Ran slower than expected, wasn't very impressive in drills and managed just nine reps of 225 lbs... However, looked more impressive on film than he showed in Indianapolis... The substance abuse questions will drop him off some teams boards entirely.

FB Joe Martinek, Rutgers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87EG1RgZBo

Quote:
"We had him at the local day," Ross said. "We’ve been to tons of Rutgers games. He’s just a gritty, hard-nosed football player. He’s played fullback, he’s played running back, done whatever they asked. He worked out really well. Can really catch the ball. A guy you can throw in at any position there in the backfield and he’ll not miss a beat."

Can also personally account for this guy. He's a tough guy. Can run and catch the ball.

WR Julian Talley, UMass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBwNIeQlbT4

Quote:
He's a nice sized kid at 6-1, 185-pounds and has a natural burst to his game, separating quickly out of his breaks. He needs to do a better job plucking the football and securing the catch. However, he's got the ability to run vertically, play fast in tight areas and develop as a route runner.

Impression: Could be worth a pick late, but at worst looks likes a priority FA who should be able to fight for a roster spot if he can continue to improve his hands.

DL Adewale Ojomo, Miami

Quote:
Positives -- Ideal size and fires off the ball, has the speed to get around the edge, has the skill set to be a very good pass rusher, including good top-end speed and average closing burst... Plays with good balance, can quickly change direction to avoid and side-step blocks to shoot gaps and create
pressure, good counter-moves inside... Natural length, long arms, initially stays low and does a nice job extending his arms and gaining leverage, has powerful hands, is physical at the point of attack... Strong lower body, can push and pressure the pocket and take on double teams... Disciplined in backside pursuit, holds the edge reasonably well and maintains outside containment, doesn't take himself out of plays, knows his assignments and sticks with them, strong wrap-up tackler... Quick to diagnose plays and get to the ball carrier, does good job of adjusting to screens, draws and misdirection plays... Motor is always running, hard worker, plays with a mean streak... High football IQ, has been used in multiple roles, has experience dropping into coverage, and has played some snaps at defensive tackle, can wear multiple hats in the NFL.
Negatives -- Relies too much on athleticism, technique is very raw and he's still coming into his own as a player, a project... Lacks power, doesn't generate much on contact with bull rush... Does not have much ability to avoid and disengage from blocks, engages a little high and does not utilize hands to get off blocks... Had made some spot starts earlier in his career but really just has one season's worth of starting experience, 14 career starts... Doesn't project to defensive tackle in the pros yet made the shift from defensive end to tackle following Marcus Forston's season ending knee injury in 2011... Minor durability concerns, missed the 2009 season following preseason jaw surgery stemming from a locker room right during 2009 summer camp.

^Stone85 on the sig^

Last edited by Save The Hero on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
R7D2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvcsffTQojI

Vontaze Burfict Please. IDC about his attitude problem. Coming into a winning organization and our great locker room will change him for the better. Worse comes to worse we don't see what we like and he gets cut. No big deal!

Rase on the signature.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why Chris Polk didnt get drafted?
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R7D2 wrote:

Vontaze Burfict Please. IDC about his attitude problem. Coming into a winning organization and our great locker room will change him for the better. Worse comes to worse we don't see what we like and he gets cut. No big deal!

R7D2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
R7D2 wrote:

He has the talent. He can blitz, and makes plays. I know that with our coaching staff that they can get the most out of him. If not, he gets the boot and we don't worry about him anymore.

Rase on the signature.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we have signed Janzen Jackson, S from Mcneese State.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
IBleedGreen7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe you got Janzen Jackson

Props To Jamison.
Why does no one respect Andrew Luck
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBleedGreen7 wrote:

I know nothing about this kid. Why is that?

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBleedGreen7 wrote:

With Darrelle Revis not happy with his contract, maybe we can do a straight up trade?

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
ESKY008

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the squads getting extra 10 picks. I've got no problem bringing in any of the nutcases. Burflict, Harris, DP Moss. Don't particular want any of them but like R2D2 said, just cut them if don't pan out

I like to see Polk, Idenacho, Brewster, Fuller, Franklin,
ESKY008

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
IBleedGreen7 wrote:

With Darrelle Revis not happy with his contract, maybe we can do a straight up trade?

Lol I like that
percellovegiant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: bengals get burfict Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/28/bengals-bag-burfict/ bengals get burfict.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
With the squads getting extra 10 picks. I've got no problem bringing in any of the nutcases. Burflict, Harris, DP Moss. Don't particular want any of them but like R2D2 said, just cut them if don't pan out

I like to see Polk, Idenacho, Brewster, Fuller, Franklin,

R7D2* lol.. no hard feelings.

Rase on the signature.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
I wonder why Chris Polk didnt get drafted?

I heard something about him having a medical issue. Not sure what it was but I think it's kind of like KP.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated original post.

^Stone85 on the sig^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: