Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDandPEWTER's 2012 Draft Grades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfw096

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
mfw096 wrote:
I really wish we got Chris Rainey for some speed, but either way we had a solid draft and I can't complain at all now.

Michael Smith has speed and actually has some size with it.

He really could be a diamond in the rough, I know he didn't start over Turbin but look at how much better Richardson was than Ingram.

True. Chris Rainey would be more of a homer pick for me, but hopefully Smith can be that Diamond.
32houchen32

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked what the buc's did in the draft. i hope the DIV. is your this year. im a die hard steelers fan BUT kinda have a soft heart for the buc's, Alstott 2nd favorite player ever, and hope you guys sweep the panthers. my best friend is a panthers fan and has a really big hard on for cam. wish the best
96BucsBallin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give us an A for sure. I'm still not high on Martin but time will tell. Also, just saw on NFL Live, McShay was asked to pick the team with the best draft and Bruschi was asked to pick the team with the smartest draft and you guessed it, both were us.

Edit - Best pick of the entire draft, Mel Kiper - Lavonte David.
Here comes the greatest comeback in Monday night football history. The beginning of the beginning.
Its Thursday
#itsabucslife
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean no disrespect to this site because I love talkin Buc ball on the boards with everyone, but check out the draft grades. While this doesnt matter and time will tell.. I find this a bit absurd. Mike Mayock, Mel Kiper Jr., etc. have all given us A's on our draft and feel that we rank as having "the best" or one of the best drafts of any team this year. Footballsfuture decided to give us a C+ for our draft grade. Im sorry but whoever decided to do draft grades pulled that out their a$$. Apparently only 7 teams had lower draft grades than us.. I wonder how much hw was really done by them on player rankings and such. Think

Smack ^
#FireLovie
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
I mean no disrespect to this site because I love talkin Buc ball on the boards with everyone, but check out the draft grades. While this doesnt matter and time will tell.. I find this a bit absurd. Mike Mayock, Mel Kiper Jr., etc. have all given us A's on our draft and feel that we rank as having "the best" or one of the best drafts of any team this year. Footballsfuture decided to give us a C+ for our draft grade. Im sorry but whoever decided to do draft grades pulled that out their a$$. Apparently only 7 teams had lower draft grades than us.. I wonder how much hw was really done by them on player rankings and such. Think

Yeah I agree. It looks like they don't put that much effort into film study because anyone who says Barron is just an in the box Safety hasn't really watched him play. He was all over the place at Alabama and quarterbacked that defense.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:

The way I see it is Barron isn't highly coveted because he isn't elite in pass defense the way Eric Berry was. However, he's a beast in run support and a vocal leader, 2 things we desperately need. While most teams probably shouldn't have taken him that high, we definitely should have. I also don't know how many people are taking his supposed injury history into account either, but that shouldn't really be a knock on him.

If we didn't take him at 7, he could have gone at 9 to Carolina and obviously there was no way to trade with them. The Bills could have taken him too. There was no reason for us to trade back to 8 because there was no threat of Tannehill going earlier than that. If we trade back farther, then any of the teams in between could have traded back to allow another team to grab him before us. It was take him at 7 or bust.

Didn't Von Miller shoot up draft boards and end up going #2? Also here's an interesting (and short) article on the Seahawks pick that is so popular to bash

I don't get how Martin was overdrafted, either, since he was obviously going to go to the Giants at #32. We need a 3 down back a lot more than the Giants do, too. I really think he could be the next Ray Rice, so I think that line of thought will go away quickly.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/nfcgrades.html

Quote:
Tampa Bay Bucs C+
Alabama S Mark Barron was a hot name leading up to the draft, but was a rather large over draft at #7 overall. He is a very good player, but is not a game changer at the safety position, and should not have been selected that high. The Bucs moved back up in the first round to land Boise St RB Doug Martin. Seems like another over draft. A steady, dependable back but a bit of a reach at #22. Nebraska LB Lavonte David was an excellent selection in the second round, and could remind some Buc fans of Derrick Brooks with his range and nose for the football.

Was Barron not ranked overall top 7 player by Mayock and others once the draft rolled around?

Was Doug Martin also not rumored to maybe land in Cle (22) or Den (25) and would NY (32) not selected him if we didn't jump them? Maybe Martin was a reach at 22, good thing we didn't take him with that pick and only traded back up to 31 Confused

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

The way I see it is Barron isn't highly coveted because he isn't elite in pass defense the way Eric Berry was. However, he's a beast in run support and a vocal leader, 2 things we desperately need. While most teams probably shouldn't have taken him that high, we definitely should have. I also don't know how many people are taking his supposed injury history into account either, but that shouldn't really be a knock on him.

If we didn't take him at 7, he could have gone at 9 to Carolina and obviously there was no way to trade with them. The Bills could have taken him too. There was no reason for us to trade back to 8 because there was no threat of Tannehill going earlier than that. If we trade back farther, then any of the teams in between could have traded back to allow another team to grab him before us. It was take him at 7 or bust.

Didn't Von Miller shoot up draft boards and end up going #2? Also here's an interesting (and short) article on the Seahawks pick that is so popular to bash

I don't get how Martin was overdrafted, either, since he was obviously going to go to the Giants at #32. We need a 3 down back a lot more than the Giants do, too. I really think he could be the next Ray Rice, so I think that line of thought will go away quickly.

I completely agree. Barron was a great pick for us a 7 for multiple reasons and a pick that needed to be made if we wanted to get him. I find the Doug Martin part especially funny though. He was ranked as the only other complete back in this draft and definitely was put at 22 in some mocks like decuces was saying. In the week leading up to the draft I saw him going, in many mocks, anywhere from 22 - 36 (our original pick in the 2nd). So to say 31 was a reach for a guy that has talent to be an NFL starter day 1 and eventually be one of the top backs in the league is pretty ridiculous.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
sandman2300

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

I completely agree. Barron was a great pick for us a 7 for multiple reasons and a pick that needed to be made if we wanted to get him. I find the Doug Martin part especially funny though. He was ranked as the only other complete back in this draft and definitely was put at 22 in some mocks like decuces was saying. In the week leading up to the draft I saw him going, in many mocks, anywhere from 22 - 36 (our original pick in the 2nd). So to say 31 was a reach for a guy that has talent to be an NFL starter day 1 and eventually be one of the top backs in the league is pretty ridiculous.

I like Martin too but I won't buy the elite back hype until I see him on an NFL field. He didn't play against SEC defenses his entire career like TRich so I think the speed adjustment will be key for him.
BuczNGator5

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys put wayyyyy too much stock into what the "experts" say. I got on here right after the Bucs selected Barron, and every person in here was ready to turn in their fan card. As soon as Kiper & co starting boosting up the pick everyone was happy, and all of a sudden the pick was great. I'm probably one of the biggest Barron supporters on the board. I've wanted Barron to become a Buccaneers since day one at Bama, but I can't justify the pick at #7. I think it was bad value, and the trade was horrible. A 4th rounder to move up 3 spots in the top 10? I thought there had to be more to the trade. A player, a future pick, something! In hindsight it turned out well because we used that 4th to make 2 HUGE moves in the draft. But there's not one person in here that can honestly tell me that when that trade was made you were sitting there like "That was a good trade" or "We really got one over on the Jags". But looking at the draft as a whole, I can't be too upset. Barron is a stud. Martin was my #2 back, and I believe he will be a big contributor right away. David is exactly what this team needs on defense. Tandy is a guy I believe can make the squad and compete for the nickle spot. Michael Smith is a guy that might be able to become our "Kareem Huggins". Plus I love both Johnsons as UDFA's. But I think looking back in a couple of year, we aren't going to look at this draft as the one that turned this team around. Sadly I think we will look back on this draft as the draft where we missed out on Richardson. Overall I'd give the draft a B

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuczNGator5 wrote:
You guys put wayyyyy too much stock into what the "experts" say. I got on here right after the Bucs selected Barron, and every person in here was ready to turn in their fan card. As soon as Kiper & co starting boosting up the pick everyone was happy, and all of a sudden the pick was great. I'm probably one of the biggest Barron supporters on the board. I've wanted Barron to become a Buccaneers since day one at Bama, but I can't justify the pick at #7. I think it was bad value, and the trade was horrible. A 4th rounder to move up 3 spots in the top 10? I thought there had to be more to the trade. A player, a future pick, something! In hindsight it turned out well because we used that 4th to make 2 HUGE moves in the draft. But there's not one person in here that can honestly tell me that when that trade was made you were sitting there like "That was a good trade" or "We really got one over on the Jags". But looking at the draft as a whole, I can't be too upset. Barron is a stud. Martin was my #2 back, and I believe he will be a big contributor right away. David is exactly what this team needs on defense. Tandy is a guy I believe can make the squad and compete for the nickle spot. Michael Smith is a guy that might be able to become our "Kareem Huggins". Plus I love both Johnsons as UDFA's. But I think looking back in a couple of year, we aren't going to look at this draft as the one that turned this team around. Sadly I think we will look back on this draft as the draft where we missed out on Richardson. Overall I'd give the draft a B

I actually really liked the Barron pick as I was never high on Claiborne. Did I like the pick at 7. No. But was it bad value. No. The trade may have ticked some off but think of it this way, That trade allowed us to get Barron, Martin, and David. Barron is a a beast in the run game but is no slouch against the pass. I love his physicality. Very smooth and fluid player and I feel that he will be a game changer in the league. We needed Barron more then we needed Claiborne. Mayock said his cieling is a pro bowl safety and his floor is .. a pro bowl safety. Thats fine with me.

The one pick Im not to high on is the Tandy pick. I admit I don't know alot about him so Im not going to bash him. I just thought we should have addressed the Cb position earlier. I think Najee Goode would have been there in the 6th and I would have loved to grab Norman in the 5th. It makes matters worse that Norman went to the Panthers Mad However, I really like Goode and I think he is going to be a beast. I see a two down thumper right now. I think we will see some packages to get him on the field. All the players were at the mini camp except Briscoe so maybe Schiano got to see what Lewis could do.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuczNGator5 wrote:
You guys put wayyyyy too much stock into what the "experts" say. I got on here right after the Bucs selected Barron, and every person in here was ready to turn in their fan card.

Who is everyone Confused ? I thougth Dallas was going to go after him and was telling a buddy that was over that the guy should be a beast. Next thing you know Dallas trades up, both of us thought for Barron.... next thing you know we have a new safety. Don't get me wrong I was upset we didn't land Richardson but this draft couldn't of turned any better than it did.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really how is anybody on here to say "it's bad value"... based off what may I ask? Your own personal "evaluation"?? Oh yeah right I forgot, most people on this forum are professional scouts and also could have done better in the draft then a real GM and front office Rolling Eyes give me a break
BuczNGator5

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngbuc20 wrote:
BuczNGator5 wrote:

I actually really liked the Barron pick as I was never high on Claiborne. Did I like the pick at 7. No. But was it bad value. No. The trade may have ticked some off but think of it this way, That trade allowed us to get Barron, Martin, and David. Barron is a a beast in the run game but is no slouch against the pass. I love his physicality. Very smooth and fluid player and I feel that he will be a game changer in the league. We needed Barron more then we needed Claiborne. Mayock said his cieling is a pro bowl safety and his floor is .. a pro bowl safety. Thats fine with me.

The one pick Im not to high on is the Tandy pick. I admit I don't know alot about him so Im not going to bash him. I just thought we should have addressed the Cb position earlier. I think Najee Goode would have been there in the 6th and I would have loved to grab Norman in the 5th. It makes matters worse that Norman went to the Panthers Mad However, I really like Goode and I think he is going to be a beast. I see a two down thumper right now. I think we will see some packages to get him on the field. All the players were at the mini camp except Briscoe so maybe Schiano got to see what Lewis could do.
Yeah, that's why I said in hindsight I'm fine with it because that pick allowed us to make 2 HUGE moves in the draft. But if we are evaluating each trade, then I definitely think the Jags got a much better deal. But as a whole I'd much rather have our draft than the Jags Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Really how is anybody on here to say "it's bad value"... based off what may I ask? Your own personal "evaluation"?? Oh yeah right I forgot, most people on this forum are professional scouts and also could have done better in the draft then a real GM and front office Rolling Eyes give me a break
Yes, I believe he wasn't worth that high of a pick base on my personal evaluation of him. I agree that I'm no professional, but that's just my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: