Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

169th Pick - Asa Jackson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: 169th Pick - Asa Jackson Reply with quote

With the 169th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Asa Jackson, CB, Cal Poly

http://sidelinescouting.com/rankings/2012/cb/asa-jackson/

The Ravens have been lacking quality options in the return game for a while and Jackson may be the answer to that problem. He likely won't see time on the defense but they needed to replace a few of their special teams players though free agency this off-season.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched some video. Love the pick. Great break on the ball. Very physical.

Free Ray Rice
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm a fan. But hey, another small school guy. I suppose this is us doing community service and aiding the small colleges out there... get their names out there to increase their enrollment.

I don't know. I've never been as confused as a Ravens fan, this was a bad year to actually start watching the film so much... because it clearly didn't matter.

This draft was utterly depressing. I mean, I don't need or want every guy to be a splash big name guy, but come on. I know Jackson was at the Senior bowl though so at least he has talent.

I'd expect Jackson to compete with Chykie Brown for the 6th corner. We also can't forget Cory Graham as a special teams guy. I think Brown is probably cut. Jackson is likely to get a good shot at the KR and PR jobs... he also has gunner capability... I can't see Brown making the team over a guy with return ability.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Can't say I'm a fan. But hey, another small school guy. I suppose this is us doing community service and aiding the small colleges out there... get their names out there to increase their enrollment.

I don't know. I've never been as confused as a Ravens fan, this was a bad year to actually start watching the film so much... because it clearly didn't matter.

This draft was utterly depressing. I mean, I don't need or want every guy to be a splash big name guy, but come on. I know Jackson was at the Senior bowl though so at least he has talent.

I'd expect Jackson to compete with Chykie Brown for the 6th corner. We also can't forget Cory Graham as a special teams guy. I think Brown is probably cut. Jackson is likely to get a good shot at the KR and PR jobs... he also has gunner capability... I can't see Brown making the team over a guy with return ability.

I agree with this. I'm not really upset with the actual picks, just that all of the time I spent looking at guys who weren't from small obscure schools was a waste. Laughing I'm fine with the Jackson pick. The Ravens needed another returner and there wasn't a receiver left that I liked in that role more than Jackson. The secondary is a bit crowded now though, right now the Ravens have Webb, Smith, Williams, Graham, Gorrer, Brown, Jackson, Reed, Pollard, Considine, Cook, and Thomspon on the roster. 12 defensive backs is a bit much.

Last edited by coordinator0 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Just watched some video. Love the pick. Great break on the ball. Very physical.

Yeah he has a nice skillset and some solid athleticism, but it's depressing that outside of Courtney Upshaw and Bernard Pierce... I hadn't watched film on any of our guys that we've taken BEFORE we've taken them. I've been just as in the dark with some of our picks as... my mother.. and she doesn't even watch football. Not talking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

Can Brown maybe get some reps at S? It might be the only way he has a chance to make the roster.
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

Yeah I agree. This is the first year I really took a lot of time to evaluate prospects much more than combine and scouting reports and I have only really understood Upshaw, Osemele and Gradkowski. We just had to go and take all these small school guys I could never find a lot of film on. Laughing

And where's the WR? I want a WR. I mean Boldin's contract is up after this year. Maybe if Streeter falls to us and somehow becomes a decent player in the NFL, this draft will look a whole lot better.
B-More_2011

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

On the flip-side, this was a great year to be so busy that you didn't have time to watch film and just put trust in the front office!

I kid, but I am dissapointed that I wasn't big into the draft this year like I was in years past. I like the way our draft has turned out though so far, it looks like there's some high cielings with our picks. Love Upshaw, Osemele looks like he could be a stud, Pierce is a smart pick IMO he should be a good back-up. The Gronkowski pick sort of confused me, but obviously Ozzie sees something in him, however I would've went with Ben Jones. This Jackson guy looks like a smart pick also, swo now Webb can stick to being a CB and not worry about ST.

I mean, hey, in Ozzie we trust, right? Cool
Where are the Chiefs at #11?

Nobody cares about the Chiefs.
rmthawk64

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAVINGMADD wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Yeah I agree. This is the first year I really took a lot of time to evaluate prospects much more than combine and scouting reports and I have only really understood Upshaw, Osemele and Gradkowski. We just had to go and take all these small school guys I could never find a lot of film on. Laughing

And where's the WR? I want a WR. I mean Boldin's contract is up after this year. Maybe if Streeter falls to us and somehow becomes a decent player in the NFL, this draft will look a whole lot better.

Laughing
When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in you carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose.
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmthawk64 wrote:
RAVINGMADD wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Laughing

That's all I needed. I love this draft now.
dcfields

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta check out this kid's videos on YouTube. Wow! Jitterbug of a return man. Looks dangerous at ANY level. Great interview video too. Very impressive young man. He looks like our punt returner from day one. Physical corner against the run. He's definitely got a little Webby in him. I read in one article that he was always assigned to the opposing team's X receiver and NEVER GAVE UP A TOUCHDOWN!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcfields wrote:
You gotta check out this kid's videos on YouTube. Wow! Jitterbug of a return man. Looks dangerous at ANY level. Great interview video too. Very impressive young man. He looks like our punt returner from day one. Physical corner against the run. He's definitely got a little Webby in him. I read in one article that he was always assigned to the opposing team's X receiver and NEVER GAVE UP A TOUCHDOWN!

That's interesting. Never having given up a touchdown... but I wonder how given up the big play would affect him. That's part of the game in the NFL... the mental aspect.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Vensel ‏ @mattvensel
My favorite draft tidbit: In his spare time at Cal Poly, new #Ravens CB Asa Jackson nurtured abandoned penguins back to health. Awesome.

Laughing

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
B-More_2011

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Quote:
Matt Vensel ‏ @mattvensel
My favorite draft tidbit: In his spare time at Cal Poly, new #Ravens CB Asa Jackson nurtured abandoned penguins back to health. Awesome.

Laughing

So much win. Very Happy
Where are the Chiefs at #11?

Nobody cares about the Chiefs.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's actually an AsaJackson.com. Who the hell did we draft?

Free Ray Rice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: