Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4th Round (132): Mike Daniels, DE, Iowa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Daniels pick! I love the quote from his interview about playing with other NFL DLinemen, "I tried to push them to make sure they were better. This guy is just what we need on the DL on third down! Love the pick. Some great sack numbers from the interior Dline.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell did we get this guy? I was thinking late 2nd round with him, brings a lot of power/jolt, versatility. With so many teams switching to 34 fronts and wanting versatility I don't know how this guy slid. I can't wait for mini-camp to see all these cats, unbelievable. Competition is going to be intense.

TAKING THE NFC NORTH BY FORCE - 2014
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like this guy is a stud, and I'm glad TT is addressing pass rush, however, there is such a thing as spending too many picks on a position.

We already have Worthy, Hargrove, Neal, Wynn and Guy, meanwhile LDE has one backup in Daniel Muir and there isn't a NT on the roster.

We really could use depth at those potions as well. I think the Worthy pick solidified the RDE spit already...

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
pacnwpackfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Great Pick Reply with quote

Pass Rush should not be an issue next year. Hargrove, Daniels, and Worthy can all bring the heat, along with Clay and Perry. Also Desmond had really improved his inside blitzing skills last year, so "If they double team Clay, we should make 'em pay."

I'm surprised with the all defensive draft, and thought we'd get at least an OL or two and a RB. However, I'm very happy about the quality of the picks. I saw a lot of Daniels over the past few years, and he is a beast. You should never hear his name and lazy or lacking hustle in the same sentence, he has a great motor and pretty good stamina. The shoulder injury obviously caused him to fall a few rounds; good for us!
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a only 6'0 is he more a rotation NT to rest Raji, put on some weight, or do you guys think that the Pack will use him at 34DE or more a 24 front as one of the two men on the dline?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPNs scouts inc likes him. 81 overall with above average pass rush grade, exceptional quickness, toughness/motor and intangibles.
JustisM

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did i never hear of this guy?
Green90

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
It sounds like this guy is a stud, and I'm glad TT is addressing pass rush, however, there is such a thing as spending too many picks on a position.

We already have Worthy, Hargrove, Neal, Wynn and Guy, meanwhile LDE has one backup in Daniel Muir and there isn't a NT on the roster.

We really could use depth at those potions as well. I think the Worthy pick solidified the RDE spit already...

You seem to be forgetting Pickett. He's perfectly capable of giving good reps at NT. Worthy, Muir, and Pickett are all capable of playing LDE as well.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:

I honestly think Hargrove or Wynn may start at LE while Pickett spells Raji at NT on a more frequent basis. That's what I love about all these D lineman, we have alot of flexibility in where to play them now. Something we really had trouble with last year.
JustisM

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green90 wrote:
daintraikn28 wrote:

You seem to be forgetting Pickett. He's perfectly capable of giving good reps at NT. Worthy, Muir, and Pickett are all capable of playing LDE as well.
muir can play NT right? Don't we have that jonny Jones dude too?
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't think we will see Pickett in Nickel D this year unless we need to because of in game injury. Pickett will probably only be a base down player. Raji will also probably see his snaps reduced by quite a bit. Didn't he play close to 900 snaps last year? I expect him to be around 650 this year.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:

How much ( or how well) did Wynn, Neal, and Guy ( and you forgot Wilson) contribute last season?

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roster numbers will be interesting this year. I'm not sure Daniels can play outside of the nickel (which admittedly is most of the snaps) so it's entirely conceivable we keep seven DL this year, just so every position is suitably backed up.
pacnwpackfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also see seven DL's. They'll likely keep 8 LB's and 10 DB's as well. I think last year they kept 9 LB's and six DL's.

It will be interesting also to see who the back-up OLB's will be behind Perry and Clay. I hope So'oto can make the leap, but it will be tough to overcome having the experienced back ups with Jones, Zombo, and Walden. Two of those four are likely gone.
TheRealJB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Roster numbers will be interesting this year. I'm not sure Daniels can play outside of the nickel (which admittedly is most of the snaps) so it's entirely conceivable we keep seven DL this year, just so every position is suitably backed up.

The more I read about Daniels, the more I see a young Cullen Jenkins. I wouldn't be surprised if he followed a similar path of being a situational rusher who eventually forces his way on the field more and more over the years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: