Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 4 Pick 27 (123rd Overall) Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkb77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

va4hustlers wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
This is the best Eagles draft I've ever been apart of.

+1

LOL

It's about time, Andy.

Its good but 02 I think was the Best Lito,Sheldon,Michael Lewis,Bwest That draft made Andys squad for the rest of that decade.

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
At the very least this pick allows us to pull DeSean off full time punt returns and he replaces Dion Lewis as the primary kickoff returner.

Now that we payed DeSean I think he should be our punt returner full-time (unless its a blow out). I understand that he was afraid of getting hurt before getting paid and I respected that. Now he's been paid and it's time to use him to his full talent.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beachside_eagle wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
At the very least this pick allows us to pull DeSean off full time punt returns and he replaces Dion Lewis as the primary kickoff returner.

Now that we payed DeSean I think he should be our punt returner full-time (unless its a blow out). I understand that he was afraid of getting hurt before getting paid and I respected that. Now he's been paid and it's time to use him to his full talent.

He gets wayyy too many negative plays to be our full-time returner. In big moments I want him back there, but I think Boykin will be a more consistent guy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beachside_eagle wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

If harris makes the team at corner, he is a great punt returner and would be a back up corner. No reason to risk injury to desean.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
beachside_eagle wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

If harris makes the team at corner, he is a great punt returner and would be a back up corner. No reason to risk injury to desean.

I doubt Harris makes the team. Nnamdi, DRC, Boykin, and Marsh are all locks. And I doubt he makes it over Hanson or Hughes unless he just goes crazy on special teams. A practice squad player at best for now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
beachside_eagle wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

He gets wayyy too many negative plays to be our full-time returner. In big moments I want him back there, but I think Boykin will be a more consistent guy.

Thats crazy. When he broke out in 2009, he had 29 punt returns for an average of 15.2 yards, 7 returns over over 20 yards (3 over 40), and 2 TDs. Those numbers are almost on par with the best years that Hester has had. There's more to it then that though, big returns shift momentum, fire up the team and fire up the fans. It can mean just as much to a games outcome to get a punt return TD when its 0-0 in the first than when your down 7 with 2 minutes left in the game.

If Boykin can do better, put him back there. Otherwise, I want DeSean.

ninjapirate wrote:
No reason to risk injury to desean.

DeSean can make game changing plays as a punt returner, it is worth it. Jerry Rice was the greatest receiver ever, that doesn't mean he didn't run routes over the middle to avoid injury.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beachside_eagle wrote:

Thats crazy. When he broke out in 2009, he had 29 punt returns for an average of 15.2 yards, 7 returns over over 20 yards (3 over 40), and 2 TDs. Those numbers are almost on par with the best years that Hester has had. There's more to it then that though, big returns shift momentum, fire up the team and fire up the fans. It can mean just as much to a games outcome to get a punt return TD when its 0-0 in the first than when your down 7 with 2 minutes left in the game.

If Boykin can do better, put him back there. Otherwise, I want DeSean.

Okay but if you average the other 3 years together, he averages about 8 yards a return. He can take it to the house but dances and runs east to west on every return and costs us field position a lot of the time. He will return a punt from the 18 and lose 2 yards trying to bust it big rather than run straight and take the 8-10 yards and start near the 30.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Okay but if you average the other 3 years together, he averages about 8 yards a return. He can take it to the house but dances and runs east to west on every return and costs us field position a lot of the time. He will return a punt from the 18 and lose 2 yards trying to bust it big rather than run straight and take the 8-10 yards and start near the 30.

I don't count the last 2 because he was too concerned about making it to a new contract. He would often catch it and step straight out of bounds. If paying DeSean doesn't get him back to 2009 form then we made a mistake in paying him.

It's ok if we disagree at this point, I don't want to detract from the drafting Boykin thread. If Boykin can return as good as or better than DeSean, I'll be ecstatic with him Very Happy
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Jackson doesn't really see much action anyways on offense unless it's a designed play to him. A hook there, a slant here, but besides that most defenses will take away the defensive backfield where Jackson thrives.

I'm OK with Jackson returning punts.

Though I do admit special teams are where a lot of the injuries occur.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Not directed at anyone who has done this but let's just get this out of the way because I know it's going to pop up sometime:

His name is Brandon Boykin.

There is no "s" after Boykin.

Thank you. Very Happy

Finally, someone says it!!!!

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Marsh and Boykins pans out we would have insane depth on CB Very Happy

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Carebears, read the above post please.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Laughing

I actually knew it was Boykin.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
EaglesFly58High

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Laughing

I actually knew it was Boykin.

People did this with Samuel also all the time.

Trent Cole (5th Round Pick #146) Career Stats - 396 Solo Tackles, 16 Forced Fumbles, 79 Sacks, 2x Pro Bowler
PSN-KnOWn-X // Twitter-EaglesFlyHigh11
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
Not directed at anyone who has done this but let's just get this out of the way because I know it's going to pop up sometime:

His name is Brandon Boykin.

There is no "s" after Boykin.

Thank you. Very Happy

Finally, someone says it!!!!

oh c'mon, somebody needed to replace Asante Samuels Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: