Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 4 Pick 27 (123rd Overall) Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
Yo we Traded Kolb for DRC;Vinny Curry and Brandon Bykins. Talk about Trade Rape by the Jedi.

Bow Down to the Mighty Andy!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pick in the fourth guys! He will definitely be replacing Hanson by the end of the season. Hanson's already the dreaded 30 years old and his play has dropped from previous years.

P.S. Hanson will be 31 by the beginning on the season.

^^^Deadpulse

Last edited by theot13 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
bkb77 wrote:
Yo we Traded Kolb for DRC;Vinny Curry and Brandon Bykins. Talk about Trade Rape by the Jedi.

Bow Down to the Mighty Andy!

If just one of Boykin or Curry pan out, Jedi Reid killed this one too.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:
Alright guys.. but seriously... is he better than Dimitri Patterson?

Or Lindley Laughing
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
I don't remember anybody projecting Boykin as a 1st rounder, even I a UGA fan didn't have him as a 1st or 2nd rounder, the dude is dynamic great choice.

Quote:

Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia, 5-9, 183, 4.35; projected late first-round, early second-round pick. It is widely accepted that Morris Claiborne and Dre Kirkpatrick will be the first two cornerbacks drafted, but the battle to be the third cornerback picked is up for grabs.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/senior-bowl-dish-who-padded-their-draft-status-during-practices#ixzz1tMMd3sTV

Quote:
While he struggles with his hands at times in press coverage, Boykin has the speed and athleticism to possibly sneak into the late first round of next year’s draft.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/918390-2012-nfl-draft-whos-hot-whos-not-on-defense/page/3
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
I don't remember anybody projecting Boykin as a 1st rounder, even I a UGA fan didn't have him as a 1st or 2nd rounder, the dude is dynamic great choice.

Quote:

Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia, 5-9, 183, 4.35; projected late first-round, early second-round pick. It is widely accepted that Morris Claiborne and Dre Kirkpatrick will be the first two cornerbacks drafted, but the battle to be the third cornerback picked is up for grabs.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/senior-bowl-dish-who-padded-their-draft-status-during-practices#ixzz1tMMd3sTV

Quote:
While he struggles with his hands at times in press coverage, Boykin has the speed and athleticism to possibly sneak into the late first round of next year’s draft.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/918390-2012-nfl-draft-whos-hot-whos-not-on-defense/page/3

No doubt about it, that Senior Bowl injury made his stock plummet.

He could have certainly been long gone before the 4th round if he got a chance to display his abilities at the Senior Bowl

That's why the situation is set up to make him the perfect sleeper pick

And even though I never really liked him for a #1 CB (which is what a 1st round pick would be saying) he will be an AMAZING inside guy
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing value this late. Brilliant draft thus far Andy!
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philyeagles3 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Johnnygunnz wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
I don't like it, seen him get beat too frequently in college...

It must be his short arms.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

PE, do you not like him at all? Or strictly outside? I am a believer he can help on the inside, but not out. I would very much like to hear your opinion on him in general.

I watched him very early during the college season because he was high on everyone's radar. I don't like him at all, but that may be because he was viewed as a 1st or 2nd rounder when I looked at him. He looked like a 4th or 5th round CB to me BEFORE the injury.

So in your opinion, upgrade over Hanson or no?

There is the chance that he may never be worth being on a football field as a defensive player. The question of whether he is an UPGRADE over Hanson sounds crazy to me and I don't even like Hanson.

Hmm that's extremely contrasting to everything I've read, but then again I was reading others work. For the Eagles sake I hope your wrong, but I'll definitely remember this.

It's amazing that you would think that a rookie has such a great chance of coming in and being an upgrade over Hanson in the slot. A rookie, not a top 10 pick, but a 4th round rookie being better than Hanson in the slot. Anything can happen, but I'm betting against that one every time and I seriously do not like Hanson.

Last edited by PowerElite on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears the University of Georgia players were overrated because Orson Charles and Cordy Glenn could be found with 1st round grades as well. Georgia must pay the media to hype their prospects in order to help their recruiting...
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:

It's amazing that you would think that a rookie has such a great chance of coming in and being an upgrade over Hanson in the slot. A rookie, not a top 10 pick, but a 4th round rookie being better than Hanson in the slot. Anything can happen, but I'm better against that one every time and I seriously do not like Hanson.

But let's be fair, he wasn't a 4th round pick for lack of talent. Injury had everything to do with why he wasn't at the very least a 2nd-3rd rounder.

And let's not make it out to be that Hanson was exactly 1st round talent either
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
It appears the University of Georgia players were overrated because Orson Charles and Cordy Glenn could be found with 1st round grades as well. Georgia must pay the media to hype their prospects in order to help their recruiting...

LOL dude you have some sort of axe to grind or something with UGA?

Or are you too emotionally invested in Joselio?

I mean Joselio is a decent nickelback but Boykin could easily already be a better player by the time the season starts.
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think your powerelite boy watched the boise game and not much else..but w.e.

you guys are getting a legit football player in boykin. he's hard nosed in that he'll come up and tackle. plays solid coverage and was teh most dynamic kick returner UGA has ever had.

there are simply times he dominated the game from the CB position, something that is very rare in college football.

great value in the 4th round. looking forward to seeing him play in the green.

Texasmade wrote: Your reading comprehension skills would embarrass a potatoe.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

I mean Joselio is a decent nickelback but Boykin could easily already be a better player by the time the season starts.

Why did DRC suck in the slot in his 4th year if the position is so easy to play?

Because you make the claim that Boykins will be a good slot defender does not make it so. The fact that you use a word like "easily" makes me question if you have ever watched Boykins play because I have seen him get RAPED as a slot defender by a college receiver. A college receiver... Not a seasoned professional.. A college receiver... yet he is to be BETTER than Hanson as a rookie? Put the Madden joysticks down.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgsfan wrote:
i think your powerelite boy watched the boise game and not much else..but w.e.

you guys are getting a legit football player in boykin. he's hard nosed in that he'll come up and tackle. plays solid coverage and was teh most dynamic kick returner UGA has ever had.

there are simply times he dominated the game from the CB position, something that is very rare in college football.

great value in the 4th round. looking forward to seeing him play in the green.

Thanks dude, a lot of us here like this pick.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:

Why did DRC suck in the slot in his 4th year if the position is so easy to play?

Because you make the claim that Boykins will be a good slot defender does not make it so. The fact that you use a word like "easily" makes me question if you have ever watched Boykins play because I have seen him get RAPED as a slot defender by a college receiver. A college receiver... Not a seasoned professional.. A college receiver... yet he is to be BETTER than Hanson as a rookie? Put the Madden joysticks down.

LOL. Ok so it's a slight exaggeration to say "easily" he will be better than Hanson from day one. But obviously he has a far higher ceiling.

And above anything in the short term he adds depth. Maybe by season's end he will be that guy, but not at the start

Fair enough?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: