Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With pick #118, MINN selects - Jarius Wright [WR] ARK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
Jarius Wright proved that he belong on the active roster over Burton. I'm sick of these coaches valuing a receiver's ability to run block over their actual ability as a receiver.

When the team runs more than passes, don't you think it's important? Adrian isn't already over 1000 on his own, he still needs blockers.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
Jarius Wright proved that he belong on the active roster over Burton. I'm sick of these coaches valuing a receiver's ability to run block over their actual ability as a receiver.

When the team runs more than passes, don't you think it's important? Adrian isn't already over 1000 on his own, he still needs blockers.

Recievers aren't blockers, period. It's a nice asset to have, but it's obvious you don't want to trade those plays Wright made for another blocker.

Burton dropped one easy catch, and made a good block down field on an AP run, but he was tackled by another defender before he got there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Klomp wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:

Recievers aren't blockers, period. It's a nice asset to have, but it's obvious you don't want to trade those plays Wright made for another blocker.

Burton dropped one easy catch, and made a good block down field on an AP run, but he was tackled by another defender before he got there.

Your first sentence is just flat out wrong.

However, I'm in agreement that whatever Burton adds as a blocker/special teams player isn't as valuable as what Wright could potentially bring to the team.
rbvf168

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still concerned about how he didn't do much after his first drive. Either the coaches stopped playing him a lot after his first drop or Detroit started adjusting to cover him more effectively. His first couple of catches might have been because Detroit hadn't really prepared for him (see Joe Webb) so it'll be interesting to see how he does against Chicago and GB when they have some more tape of him.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ i'm not sure how creatively he'll get used. at first, it will probably be a go route and try to beat man to man coverage. opening up the soft middle of the field for Rudolph, Ellison, etc.

Ponder should eat his Wheaties and practice his long ball, see what we can do.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
Klomp wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:

Your first sentence is just flat out wrong.

However, I'm in agreement that whatever Burton adds as a blocker/special teams player isn't as valuable as what Wright could potentially bring to the team.

Let me rephrase, you don't judge a starting wide recieve by his blocking ability. Recievers contribute way more in to the actual running game by catching passes and making plays than they'd do blocking, so a guy like Burton being able to block is nice, but a guy who can actually catch a pass is better. If he's a good blocker, have him pack on 30 lbs and become a FB.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leslie Frazier makes no promises that Jarius Wright will play vs. Bears

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:

May as well keep the Bears guessing, no reason to show your hand this early.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:

Doesn't he realize you can't go wrong...with Wright?!?
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
Freakout wrote:

Doesn't he realize you can't go wrong...with Wright?!?

And if you're not playing Wright, you're WRONG!

Proud Minnesota Vikings season ticket holder!
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Let me rephrase, you don't judge a starting wide recieve by his blocking ability. Recievers contribute way more in to the actual running game by catching passes and making plays than they'd do blocking, so a guy like Burton being able to block is nice, but a guy who can actually catch a pass is better. If he's a good blocker, have him pack on 30 lbs and become a FB.

We're not talking about a starting WR. We're talking about being the fourth WR on game day.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Kellerman wrote:

We're not talking about a starting WR. We're talking about being the fourth WR on game day.

Wright showed more as a WR in one game than Burton has in two seasons. Having a good blocking 4th wide reciever isn't the difference between winning and losing, having a guy make plays in the passing game does.

Special teams value and blocking might be a useful tie-breaker, but there is no tie to break here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that everyone is excited about Wright, but let's wait until he has made more than 1 play before we start calling him anything more than a reserve player.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
I understand that everyone is excited about Wright, but let's wait until he has made more than 1 play before we start calling him anything more than a reserve player.

+1
skywindO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:

The excitement about Wright is because he might be finally be given the chance to make more than one play and he might finally have the chance to replace a should-be reserve player in Jenkins or Burton.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: