Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints NFL Draft Recap 234-Marcel Jones, OT Nebraska
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Quote:
Spagnuolo, Vitt, McMahon Q: Do you like his vertical ability?

Spagnuolo A: "Yes, he showed that. He's one of those guys that showed up a little bit at an all-star game...small-school player, but a guy that shows up. All the feedback we received from the coaches and the information was positive."

Vitt: "I think one of the things that were impressive about him is that when he played against a big-time opponent he played really well."

McMahon: "He jumped out in the Auburn game. We saw him on certainly defense and special teams. He's a guy that when you come from a small school, you want to see him against good competition. He played well."

So I went back and tried to find the Auburn vs. Samford game. Best I could do is this:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=313230002

November last year.

Of the videos I didn't find him, but in the PBP, it seems he had an unspectacular game.

Not sure how he was a standout, but that's why we have scouts. Laughing

Why couldn't we take Dennard heh.

IMO the best thing you can hear about a CB during/after a game is nothing at all. It means they aren't targeting him and he's taking the WR away.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
IMO the best thing you can hear about a CB during/after a game is nothing at all. It means they aren't targeting him and he's taking the WR away.

Good point. It's not a surefire way to tell that someone had a bad game, but not showing up in the stat sheet at a CB isn't really a bad thing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sk8wNiTV3E

Check out some of the blocks Toon makes in the TCU game. I'm starting to love this pick.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:

Check out some of the blocks Toon makes in the TCU game. I'm starting to love this pick.

I see why they liked him to replace meachem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

I don't get this analysis.Very Happy Nearly all his negatives are blocks and all of them look good to great (one missed block against TCU)...

QB Drew Brees -

DB Patrick Robinson -
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

I don't get this analysis.Very Happy Nearly all his negatives are blocks and all of them look good to great (one missed block against TCU)...

I know, it doesn't make sense lol. Just the one missed block and the two drops. And one of the drops he wasn't ready for the ball

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White has the ability to play all secondary positions. That versatililty will probably allow him to make the team...certainly no knowing who will be suspended this season.
MPjeffryred

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lombardi Gras wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Lombardi Gras wrote:
No one is arguing that the 40 time is the be-all-end-all in terms of game speed. I am saying that we would have been better served with someone who could stretch the field and add a bit of variety to the skill sets of our wide receivers.

Toon can stretch the field, he's great at judging the ball in the air and coming down with jump balls.

So is Colston. So is Jimmy Graham. They are not deep threats in the sense I am talking about. Any player can become a 'deep threat' in what you are talking about. Sub-par players make catches down the field all the time. It's not that special. This does not mean that they should be labelled as deep threats.

Games where Drew Brees doesn't have a lot of time, speed is essential in a receiver. I don't know why I am arguing this. This is pretty basic knowledge and y'all seem to think I am flawed in my reasoning. For about the third time, I think Toon will turn into a solid player, but if we were going to go wide receiver, I think it should be apparent that someone who adds something new, something dynamic, to the offense should have been the pick.

You seem quite hard headed with your theoretical beliefs. But, you are missing the point others are making.
1. Speed out of your break is critical as are good hands.
2. Being physical to consistetly beat press coverage is very important.
3. Blocking downfield is often overlooked by some who favor smaller shifty receivers who run a 4.35 but shy away from contact.
4. Pedigree that translates into desire and is backed by solid character produces players who perform in the clutch situations.

Toon has all of the above and was the highest player rated on the Saints board. You don't seem to get it; you continue to argue your preferences without stating what you think the Saints should have done with the pick. Step back and reflect on how much you actually know as compared to how much you think you know. No person can predict what the performance of a draft pick will be until he plays for a year or two. Meachum looked like a bust his first year. Yet, he had the qualities you seem to value. Nick Toon has a chance to be a very good pro. With pick #122, whom did you think the Saints should have chosen. Let's remember your choice and compare the results down the road. Given the Saints success in later round picks, I would tend to think they know what they are doing. Where is your track record...? Hmmmmmm........
MPjeffryred

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About Corey White

Here is a link:

nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97402

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: