Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade Denver's Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Grade the Broncos' Draft
A
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
B
29%
 29%  [ 19 ]
C
31%
 31%  [ 20 ]
D
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
F
15%
 15%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 64

AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Brock acquires peytons work ethic, study habits, and almost manic game preparation it would be a huge contributor to his possible success.

Acquiring those traits requires no tutoring, just will power and dedication.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Palooka, you're ignoring the obvious fact that Manning's backups were not talented players and were drafted late in the draft. Both Sorgi & Painter were drafted in the 6th round. Neither of them were overly talented and were projected as practice squad players.

Osweiler has all the physical tools you look for in a QB. The only reason he wasn't taken in the first round is because he lacks experience. He was at lowest a third round pick on many sites, some even saying he was a borderline first. I don't know why people are saying that he's a reach or that he's a lousy player. It really makes no sense to me.

You can argue that we have more needs, that we need to draft for the now, that we could have gotten a QB later, etc. Regardless of that, the fact is that Osweiler has an extremely high ceiling and quite possibly the strongest arm in the draft.

I didn't like the pick either, but I see no reason to berate Elway and his staff for it. For once, there will be a talented QB behind Manning. For all the people criticizing the Colts for never getting a capable backup, I find it ironic to heavily criticize EXF for planning for the future.

Well that is suggestion Osweiler is talented and he's really not. Over drafted and with some upside. I wouldn't buy him as a prospect before the 4th round personally, but it's the classic overvaluing of the 'big arm'.

Other teams thought so little of him he wasn't in their boards until the 4th to 5th range. It only takes one team to jump on the grenade.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Palooka, you're ignoring the obvious fact that Manning's backups were not talented players and were drafted late in the draft. Both Sorgi & Painter were drafted in the 6th round. Neither of them were overly talented and were projected as practice squad players.

Osweiler has all the physical tools you look for in a QB. The only reason he wasn't taken in the first round is because he lacks experience. He was at lowest a third round pick on many sites, some even saying he was a borderline first. I don't know why people are saying that he's a reach or that he's a lousy player. It really makes no sense to me.

You can argue that we have more needs, that we need to draft for the now, that we could have gotten a QB later, etc. Regardless of that, the fact is that Osweiler has an extremely high ceiling and quite possibly the strongest arm in the draft.

I didn't like the pick either, but I see no reason to berate Elway and his staff for it. For once, there will be a talented QB behind Manning. For all the people criticizing the Colts for never getting a capable backup, I find it ironic to heavily criticize EXF for planning for the future.

Well that is suggestion Osweiler is talented and he's really not. Over drafted and with some upside. I wouldn't buy him as a prospect before the 4th round personally, but it's the classic overvaluing of the 'big arm'.

Other teams thought so little of him he wasn't in their boards until the 4th to 5th range. It only takes one team to jump on the grenade.
Where did you hear that?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
Mark it down that i am literally the biggest Brock Osweiler when nobody seems to like him... I am like Donut and Chad Jackson. I have the utmost confidence that he will turn into an outstanding QB. I completely understand why people are upset where we took him, considering the other needs we had. But i have absolutely no problem with this selection and i bet people wont be mad about it in a few years.

Again, this is just my opinion. But Osweiler's game didn't translate to the Arizona State offense at all. It was a bubble screen, dump pass offense that often struggled with a lack of creativity. Brock has a huge arm, and when asked to sling it he could make any single throw on the field...

If we have the luxury of having Peyton for 3 healthy years then he will learn a ton in that amount of time. Watching Manning in practice, the meeting rooms, and games will only help Brock... By the way in 3 years he will only be 24. The same age Kirk Cousins will be in August. Or Nick Foles will be in December.

Love this pick. Riding with Osweiler all the way! Cool

And more 'Manning will mentor this kid to greatness' nonsense. Osweiler supporters LOVE to hang their hats on that and ignore the obvious fact Manning never mentored anyone to anything, ever.

And i LOVE the fact that you don't even mention the Colts never even had a talented prospect behind Manning... EVER ... Your ignorance is beyond hysterical. Laughing

Here is my original post -

Quote:
Watching Manning in practice, the meeting rooms, and games will only help Brock...

Where in my post did i say Manning would be mentoring Osweiler...?! Oh that's right i didn't. But you LOVE to twist peoples words as always. I said WATCHING Peyton will only help Brock. But that not must be okay. I forgot Osweiler is blindfolded anytime Peyton is in the complex or on a football field.

Just shut up. You look stupid.

You're such a child, I love it. Not going to start up with you. You've already become his biggest homer.

If you can't see how your babble would in fact be a mentoring role, then you are blind. No one is twisting words. I am just capable of reading between the lines.

You, a homer of the highest caliber, honestly will buy the 'studying under Manning' crap shelled out.

We will all laugh in your face when Osweiler is the latest 6'8 lurch of a prospect to be incapable of playing on this level. Shame it will take 3 years at least.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
If Brock acquires peytons work ethic, study habits, and almost manic game preparation it would be a huge contributor to his possible success.

And even then, is it enough? You have to have the skills and ability.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

And even then, is it enough? You have to have the skills and ability.

I don't know if he has the requisite skills, hence the term "possible success".

If he does aqcquire the mentioned traits he'll maximize what physical skills he has. Are those skills adequate? I would think so, but only time will tell.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:

Where did you hear that?

Many different talks throughout the process. Here is one source:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/31/in-survey-of-nine-teams-eight-call-osweiler-a-fourth-round-prospect/

Casserly:

Quote:
“I’m not sure what that means, to be honest with you,” Casserly said of Brandt’s first-round projection. “I haven’t studied this guy yet but I interviewed nine teams about him. Eight of them had him rated in the fourth round. The workout doesn’t change the rating on the tape. The other team had him rated in the second. Issues about the guy concerning decision making, accuracy, takes too many sacks, questionable instincts. All of those things, to me, are things you see on tape, not in the workout. I’m going to take what those teams said and stick with that.”

Wonder who the team who had him rated in the 2nd was.

That was March 31st. Up to the draft, there were various discussions on him on radio and TV. Consensus seemed to be some team (almost all predicted Denver) would overdraft him in the 2nd. Denver was transparent with their love for him and everyone pinned that down.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
Mark it down that i am literally the biggest Brock Osweiler when nobody seems to like him... I am like Donut and Chad Jackson. I have the utmost confidence that he will turn into an outstanding QB. I completely understand why people are upset where we took him, considering the other needs we had. But i have absolutely no problem with this selection and i bet people wont be mad about it in a few years.

Again, this is just my opinion. But Osweiler's game didn't translate to the Arizona State offense at all. It was a bubble screen, dump pass offense that often struggled with a lack of creativity. Brock has a huge arm, and when asked to sling it he could make any single throw on the field...

If we have the luxury of having Peyton for 3 healthy years then he will learn a ton in that amount of time. Watching Manning in practice, the meeting rooms, and games will only help Brock... By the way in 3 years he will only be 24. The same age Kirk Cousins will be in August. Or Nick Foles will be in December.

And more 'Manning will mentor this kid to greatness' nonsense. Osweiler supporters LOVE to hang their hats on that and ignore the obvious fact Manning never mentored anyone to anything, ever.

And i LOVE the fact that you don't even mention the Colts never even had a talented prospect behind Manning... EVER ... Your ignorance is beyond hysterical. Laughing

Quote:
Watching Manning in practice, the meeting rooms, and games will only help Brock...

Where in my post did i say Manning would be mentoring Osweiler...?! Oh that's right i didn't. But you LOVE to twist peoples words as always. I said WATCHING Peyton will only help Brock. But that not must be okay. I forgot Osweiler is blindfolded anytime Peyton is in the complex or on a football field.

You're such a child, I love it. Not going to start up with you. You've already become his biggest homer.

If you can't see how your babble would in fact be a mentoring role, then you are blind. No one is twisting words. I am just capable of reading between the lines.

You, a homer of the highest caliber, honestly will buy the 'studying under Manning' crap shelled out.

We will all laugh in your face when Osweiler is the latest 6'8 lurch of a prospect to be incapable of playing on this level. Shame it will take 3 years at least.

....Seriously.... Once again i back up my original post after you once again twisted my words. Never EVER said Manning would be mentoring Osweiler. I said Brock would get to watch Manning in meetings, practices, and games. Which is 100% true. Sorry that doesn't sit well with you but those are the facts.

You called me a homer twice in that last post... ASK ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM HOW LONG I'VE SUPPORTED OSWEILER... Go ahead i dare you. Oh but that means you've made a mistake. Which never happens. Oh unless we bring up how much garbage you got wrong last season. Laughing

I've supported Osweiler on the Broncos for WEEKS leading up to the draft... Didn't matter if he ended up here, or in Oakland. I have always thought he was going to be an outstanding NFL QB if he gets a chance to sit and learn for a few years. Which will happen barring any unforeseen events.

The only reason Brock wasn't a higher pick is due to experience... He started 1 season, and is only 21 years old. He is a project, but possesses out of this world potential... Saw 5 games of his last season, so don't start with your usual crap about how i haven't seen him play.

So again Palooka. Your look stupid. As Always.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:

Where did you hear that?

Many different talks throughout the process. Here is one source:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/31/in-survey-of-nine-teams-eight-call-osweiler-a-fourth-round-prospect/

Casserly:

Quote:
“I’m not sure what that means, to be honest with you,” Casserly said of Brandt’s first-round projection. “I haven’t studied this guy yet but I interviewed nine teams about him. Eight of them had him rated in the fourth round. The workout doesn’t change the rating on the tape. The other team had him rated in the second. Issues about the guy concerning decision making, accuracy, takes too many sacks, questionable instincts. All of those things, to me, are things you see on tape, not in the workout. I’m going to take what those teams said and stick with that.”

Wonder who the team who had him rated in the 2nd was.

That was March 31st. Up to the draft, there were various discussions on him on radio and TV. Consensus seemed to be some team (almost all predicted Denver) would overdraft him in the 2nd. Denver was transparent with their love for him and everyone pinned that down.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/did-strong-workout-vault-qb-osweiler-into-first-round/

Quote:
One day after Ryan Tannehill wowed NFL scouts and coaches with his workout at Texas A&M, quarterback Brock Osweiler did the same at his pro day, launching himself into first-round consideration.

Quote:
Based on Friday’s workout, I think Osweiler vaulted himself into the first round on draft day.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89927&draftyear=2012&genpos=QB

Quote:
NFL DRAFT TOP QUARTERBACKS: Brock Osweiler, Arizona State , 6-7 (247 lbs)... After starting only 15 college games, Osweiler is far from a refined pro prospect, but there are 2 things about him that are tantalizing to scouts: He is 6-7 and has a high ceiling -- and that's not a joke. It means his potential boggles the minds of some scouts. Osweiler has exceptional athletic ability.

That was written after his workout for teams... Who cares if 8 out of 9 teams thought Osweiler was a 4th round prospect? A ton of that was due to him starting 1 season and being only 21 years old. Which would make him the youngest QB in the league... I wonder what the other 24 freaking teams had to say about Osweiler.

I'll trust our front office over you who is basing his facts on a PFT article. Laughing ... I'll also trust me eyes who got to see him play 5 times this season.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brock will be an average starting QB in the league one day. Do I think he will ever be a franchise QB? no. But I could see him having a Kyle Orton type career.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Quote:

....Seriously.... Once again i back up my original post after you once again twisted my words. Never EVER said Manning would be mentoring Osweiler. I said Brock would get to watch Manning in meetings, practices, and games. Which is 100% true. Sorry that doesn't sit well with you but those are the facts.

You called me a homer twice in that last post... ASK ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM HOW LONG I'VE SUPPORTED OSWEILER... Go ahead i dare you. Oh but that means you've made a mistake. Which never happens. Oh unless we bring up how much garbage you got wrong last season. Laughing

I've supported Osweiler on the Broncos for WEEKS leading up to the draft... Didn't matter if he ended up here, or in Oakland. I have always thought he was going to be an outstanding NFL QB if he gets a chance to sit and learn for a few years. Which will happen barring any unforeseen events.

The only reason Brock wasn't a higher pick is due to experience... He started 1 season, and is only 21 years old. He is a project, but possesses out of this world potential... Saw 5 games of his last season, so don't start with your usual crap about how i haven't seen him play.

So again Palooka. Your look stupid. As Always.

Wow.... 5 whole games!! What an amazing sample size!!

I find it funnier that it only took 5 games to make you his biggest homer!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

He wasn't a higher pick because he's not that good. Who cares about a pro day work out. Those are designed to make QBs look good, hello . . . Jamarcus Russell and the famous 'best pro day performance I've ever seen' reviews.

Big arm. That elevated his draft status. The tape, as pointed out suggest 4th round grade or lower. Suspect accuracy, takes sacks, poor decision making, and so on.

Trust your font office. They've nailed 1 draft pick and it was #2 overall. What else have the proven except the overvalue and reach on prospects?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
I think Brock will be an average starting QB in the league one day. Do I think he will ever be a franchise QB? no. But I could see him having a Kyle Orton type career.
Osweiler is NOTHING like Kyle Orton. He's more like a poor man's Cutler.

Osweiler is literally the exact opposite of Kyle Orton.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
Osweiler is NOTHING like Kyle Orton. He's more like a poor man's Cutler.

Osweiler is literally the exact opposite of Kyle Orton.

I didn't say Kyle Orton like skill set, I said Kyle Orton like career. Different playing style similar career path is what I am saying.
Donut

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
The only reason Brock wasn't a higher pick is due to experience...

He had a ton of things on the field that aren't so good. He is a project.
big_palooka wrote:
Big arm. That elevated his draft status. The tape, as pointed out suggest 4th round grade or lower. Suspect accuracy, takes sacks, poor decision making, and so on.

Based on watching the draft and my predraft feelings after the top 40ish guys there was a lot of disparity on where guys should go. Some that were graded as late rounders were grade as being worth a 2nd rounder. The 1st round had some good talent but it seemed to drop tiers pretty quickily and guys in the 2nd to even the 4th were around the same talent level.
As for grading some do it by the talent in the class vs a general grading. As general grading only I don't think any QB deserved a 2nd rounder grading except for Tannehill. Weeden Osweiler and Tannehill imo were benefiting from a weak class of players and QBs in general.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot Palooka watches every single college and NFL game known to man... Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: